Halo 5: Guardians - Splitscreen inbound?

2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Do you ever play with a team where you get significantly outclassed? 

Yes, all the time. I mostly play solo now because of work and family time. In the days of Halo Reach and Halo 4 I was a student and played regularly with really good players. I attended a few EGL tournaments with a team and played against pros like Ninja and a lot of the UK’s top players. I’m 42 now though and don’t have the time to play like I used to. Sometimes you come across a team and there’s literally nothing you can do. You get called out instantly and beamed from across the map. It’s not fun. Halo 5’s matching system can be unfair as well due to population numbers and you find yourself matching a team of champs/onyx players when there’s bronze and silver players on your team so you just get destroyed. Still love the game though ^_^

16 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Yes, all the time. I mostly play solo now because of work and family time. In the days of Halo Reach and Halo 4 I was a student and played regularly with really good players. I attended a few EGL tournaments with a team and played against pros like Ninja and a lot of the UK’s top players. I’m 42 now though and don’t have the time to play like I used to. Sometimes you come across a team and there’s literally nothing you can do. You get called out instantly and beamed from across the map. It’s not fun. Halo 5’s matching system can be unfair as well due to population numbers and you find yourself matching a team of champs/onyx players when there’s bronze and silver players on your team so you just get destroyed. Still love the game though ^_^

Oh right, I assumed you played with a regular team. 

Halo is absolutely brutal when you go against a coordinated team. I don't know how it compares to other FPS' that are being played at the moment, but it seems to have one of the higher skill ceilings, one which is dramatically raised when playing with people who are communicating, etc.

Nonetheless, impressive skills, I doff my hat. 

Perhaps when Infinite rolls around, we should all be proactive about trying to get on together to make the most of it. 

21 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Perhaps when Infinite rolls around, we should all be proactive about trying to get on together to make the most of it. 

I said that in the Console Wars thread, but you ignored me. :(

Yeah I'll be all over Infinite like a rash and look forward to Tommy doing some heavy lifting whilst I try to forget about COD and re-learn Halo (and then still do heavy lifting because I'll be awful). 

• 5 months later...

Coming off the back of playing Halo 1 to 4 and Reach on the Master Chief collection recently on my Series X I thought I'd give Halo 5's campaign a go. 

What's with the game running in 60fps and then certain enemy animations running in 30fps? 

I never played 5 before. As a campaign how does it rank against the others? I loved replaying 1,2,3 and Reach. 4 had it's moments but the story made no sense. 

Currently on 5 I'm fighting Prometheans that just seem to stand in front of me without reacting whilst I blast them in the face and when they move in the distance it looks crap.

1 minute ago, Onze said:

Coming off the back of playing Halo 1 to 4 and Reach on the Master Chief collection recently on my Series X I thought I'd give Halo 5's campaign a go. 

What's with the game running in 60fps and then certain enemy animations running in 30fps? 

I never played 5 before. As a campaign how does it rank against the others? I loved replaying 1,2,3 and Reach. 4 had it's moments but the story made no sense. 

Currently on 5 I'm fighting Prometheans that just seem to stand in front of me without reacting whilst I blast them in the face and when they move in the distance it looks crap.

Yeah, it's something that they did to get that 60fps on the Xbox One unfortunately, and I'm assuming it's been built into the engine, as it's exactly the same on the X too.

It's a pity, as it does distract from the action a bit.

However, I really enjoyed the campaign - certainly there's some pretty cool three-way fighting going on, and some of the background scenery is wonderful.

Wish they'd bring it out on PC though - sold off my consoles an age ago, and it'd be nice to have the complete set again!

• 5 months later...

I finished this recently for the first time. Actually enjoyed it way more than I thought I would, given its reputation. Low expectations win again. I'm not a fan of the Prometheans, but I did like them more than in Halo 4 at least. 5 is also a really incredible looking game. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes! It even looks way better than Halo 6. That's how good it looks.

It’s gorgeous! It plays really well too I’ve always thought. The opening level is fucking awesome. Sure, you might not be MC, but it’s still great fun zooming all over, shooting folks with well timed shots.

Yeah 5's good fun! Some good verticality in there and the Prometheans are actually fun to fight rather than the difficult to differentiate bullet sponges they were in 4. It fails a bit due to that utterly inexcusable boss fight that just doesn't work in single player, and the fact that the story is utter, utter bollocks. I might be due a replay having only finished it once on release.