Halo 5: Guardians - Splitscreen inbound?

Floex

Play the beta in a week and see for yourself!

I don't like the sound of this. What does everyone else think?

I much prefer the relatively slower pace of Halo to CoD. Planning your attacks methodically and being able to get out of situations if you're lucky/good when things fuck up.

CoD is far too twitchy and whoever-sees-who-first-wins for my tastes.

I much prefer the relatively slower pace of Halo to CoD. Planning your attacks methodically and being able to get out of situations if you're lucky/good when things fuck up.

Wah said it best (movement) earlier in the week; Master Chief should feel like a tank, a walking one.

You get punished for running around all the time as though it's COD. Using run sporadically makes it a great tactical asset. You still get rewarded for being methodical, and the added mobility makes for some great new ways to flank opponents, or bait them into a deathtrap.

You get punished for running around all the time as though it's COD. Using run sporadically makes it a great tactical asset. You still get rewarded for being methodical, and the added mobility makes for some great new ways to flank opponents, or bait them into a deathtrap.

Or - Your shields are gubbed if you are sprinting or using dash or other moves but recharge when you settle down - this so far based on 2 maps and appears to be a key feature.

COD comparisons are dogshit and I'd welcome either of the two people who have made them to extrapolate. :)

I had a quick go on Sunday night and it certainly feels like an upgrade. I'm not sure I like the pace though, sprint ruins it for me personally. Down the sights aiming was not too bad though. I'm not a fan of the characters shouting though, makes it feel more like COD.

Or - Your shields are gubbed if you are sprinting or using dash or other moves but recharge when you settle down - this so far based on 2 maps and appears to be a key feature.

COD comparisons are dogshit and I'd welcome either of the two people who have made them to extrapolate. :)

They're not. The pace of the game is more inline with COD, gunplay feels remarkably similar as well, not to mention the boost mechanic which appears in every other FPS this year.

What's the point in using this mechanic to dash or sprint if it weakens you? May as well trot around the map. Having a cool-down for those moves would work better, which isn't tied to regeneration of your shields.

It plays like Halo-flavoured COD to me, it's fun to play, certainly more so than the MP on MCC, personally feel that hasn't aged well.

"Old shite" is how you described Halo MCC after about 2 games of multiplayer and precisely 0% play of the campaigns and you haven't played it since so I really don't think you're in a position to discuss it in any way. If you think Halo hasn't aged well when presented with a 1080p/60fps version of all 4 game engines then there's pretty much no hope for you and you should stick to Destiny and COD.

The mechanic doesn't "weaken" you - it simply prevents your shield from recharging until you stop sprinting/boosting and if you're played it it's utterly obvious why it's like that. If I've put enough shots into you to drain your shield and you use the boost to strafe round a corner then start sprinting and I gain a line of sight on you I don't expect you to have your shields recharge into the bargain so I have to do it all again. It's called balance :)

How long did he wait for those 2 games? 2 days?

I don't see how a lick of paint has any relevance to whether Halo has aged well. The mechanics are exactly the same. So if Bleeders thinks its old shite that's a perfectly valid opinion, regardless of whether its 60 or 30 fps.

You'd suck someone off if he was wearing a Master Chief suit.

If you read it "correctly", I liked what I played. I'm not entirely certain about how the mechanics function, but to suggest it's nothing like COD is clearly bollocks; a game I might add, you yourself said was "same old shite" - is AW really that much different in the way it handles to Guardians? :D

I was convinced that aiming down sights was an advantage, I was having no luck with out it. Saw this on Kotaku today which confirms the benefit:

http://kotaku.com/halo-5s-aiming-has-changed-and-not-everyone-likes-it-1674271463

I don't really understand the 343 comment:

In the case of automatic weapons (eg: AR, SMG) there is a slight improvement to shot spread while zoomed in via smart-link. However, the obvious trade-off is that getting shot while using smart-link will de-scope you, disrupting any benefit.

So there's a benefit if you are in scope unless you get shot - i.e. start in scope to do more damage quicker and reduce amount of time being shot by baddies.

Felt alright really but just alright. Halo skin on a Cod style game at Titanfall speed. I don't think it feels like I remember 'classic Halo' matches feeling and again much more focused towards K/D ratio game types rather than pure objective (clearly I haven't seen all the gametypes yet but am going on the feel compared to Halo 4 vs. the previous Bungie games). They're having another push for eSports.

That'll explain why I get more kills using it than not even though that makes me a noob.

I seriously don't like all the 'Throwing a grenade', 'Grabbed the sniper rifle' the characters constantly churn out along with the victory posing at the end of a match.

That'll explain why I get more kills using it than not even though that makes me a noob.

I seriously don't like all the 'Throwing a grenade', 'Grabbed the sniper rifle' the characters constantly churn out along with the victory posing at the end of a match.

Yes, I found this cheesy. As much as the detail is great on the maps, I think after playing classic Halo, I prefer the basic look of Halo 2/Halo 3. I feel with too much detail it detracts from the players and makes it harder to find people. Or maybe I'm weird...

Yes, I found this cheesy. As much as the detail is great on the maps, I think after playing classic Halo, I prefer the basic look of Halo 2/Halo 3. I feel with too much detail it detracts from the players and makes it harder to find people. Or maybe I'm weird...

That's certainly consistent with the way that high level PC fps players would play back in the day, all graphical options turned down to a minimum to create add much contrast as possible.

Personally, I think the call outs from other players are brilliant, if you're playing with randoms, most of the time nobody speaks. Halo is a team game and getting that extra feedback makes a lot of difference. "Throwing a grenade" didn't help much, admittedly, but I heard " one shot " and "last mag, sniper rifle" which is useful.

I think Halo 5 is being designed to be particularly team orientated and this stuff is important in that setting. Hopefully it'll encourage people to talk tactically during play, even with strangers.

On the TTK subject, I don't think it's like COD, it feels like Halo, not Titanfall to me.

The future for Halo is bright, IMO. I think this game could bring Halo back into the limelight.