Halo 5: Guardians - Splitscreen inbound?

Floex

liking what i've played of this so far, probably only had 7 or so games. it does seem a bit easier to die maybe but nothing like cod still. the smg seems pretty potent close up, but often it's a grenade or more than one person shooting me that causes any really quick deaths. seems like halo but a bit different. people with swords maybe are a bit quick. main problem is how dark it is, i need to know where all the BR and DMR's are on the map but it's difficult when you often only know there's something there because of the prompt to pick it up. blue team can be a bit hard to see in dark areas too.

Played some more of the Beta tonight, was getting into it more. Then I went and played some Halo:CE classic multiplayer which made me dislike the Beta by comparison. I love CE multiplayer.

CE is still the GOAT Halo multiplayer. That and Halo 3 are hands down the most fun I've had on Halo: MCC. It's a goddamn joy being able to play CE online instead of just 4 player splitscreen.

Whereas we downloaded the patch and got in quicker than we have before.

This is where 343 have made a rod for their back now - that last MCC patch seemed to screw matchmaking and I instantly blamed the update. Turned out a quick reset of my router had everything flying - hell we had about 7 of us in a party playing BTB like the old days the other night.

Must admit this clicked for me after a few more games, once I'd re-adjusted to the new controls/moveset and stopped running around like a headless chicken, which you absolutely can't get away with. That Halo magic is definitely still there, comparisons to CoD are lazy nonsense. Looking forward to seeing some new maps, hopefully on a larger scale.

No there's no splitscreen. I like breakout but I wish they'd go the other way and make it so you take a bit longer to die - a single grenade can take you out before the round even gets going. Super tense though when you end up in a 3v1 situation.

It's elimination Noshi. I'm not in love with it at the moment but I've only played it a couple of times and with random players.

I think it's intended to be quite cat/mouse - you leave footprints! Not sure if the maps are meant to be more maze-like?

I like the other two slayer maps, The lock-on rocket seemed fairly useless in my hands, looking forward to giving it another go.

It was a bit of a culture shock when I first started playing this, but I'm totally sold now. Based purely on the reactions of people I've played with, I think they've got a solid hit on their hands.

New maps are solid (albeit basically remixes of the existing two), although I'm still trying to settle on a control scheme. Generally I've been using green thumb which makes melee and boost more accessible, but in turn loses the immediate access to ground pound. Switching back and forth isn't doing any favours for my muscle memory.

I like breakout but I wish they'd go the other way and make it so you take a bit longer to die - a single grenade can take you out before the round even gets going.

I don't get this idea that you die too quickly/easily. Get good :) if you use your movement options properly you can escape most encounters should you choose.

;)

BR starts have really exposed 343i's shitty netcode for the beta. I've been hitting people 6-7 times, seeing the hits register and getting hit markers, only to have them turn around and BF4 style one-hit kill me. I'm glad I got to play it last week, and for that exclusive weekend, otherwise I'd think this game isn't really all that great.

I think I remember someone saying that it's mostly US servers at the moment, so that could explain away some of the issues I'm having. It's very much feeling like my experience with Halo 4, in the games where I've got a good connection, it's quite fun. But most of the time, hit detection has been pretty naff and it's just infuriating.