Halo 5: Guardians - Splitscreen inbound?

Floex

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Don't worry @Purin I completely went off the boil after you left as well. Was good fun will throw you an invite next time I see you on, make sure you fix that mic though :P

Cheers!

The mic on my official Xbone stereo headset is knackered after less than a year, so I was using my phone's earbuds which hurts my ears and I can't use for more than a few minutes. Going to have to buy something before Destiny 2 is out!

• 2 weeks later...

I put the game down after the first level when it came out then dusted it off last night. Can't quite work out why I never came back to it, the single player's really good. Super polished.

Might try and get my maties into the multiplayer but I have a feeling Destiny 2 is going to dominate cycles for a bit. 

Thanks to @Wallace and @TommyG, plus Whits for a great evening of Halo. Never played Elimination before and played little outside of Slayer as we never have a 4 so playing a mix with CTF and Strongholds was really good fun, that last game was awesome! I'm not up to your level but hopefully I was at least more use occasionally than randoms would have been.

Just chilling out before bed by watching some NA HCS Pro League day 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Vetoed not only is he a God tier Halo player (his movement is so next level I almost find it poetic) but his break down and analysis of the games mechanics is brilliant. Check out what he has to say about the latest Tuning Tests...

• 6 months later...

Anyone still playing this? I’m getting back into it and it’s every bit as good as I remember. It might even be better. Last time I played, there was no Social playlist. There’s far, far less quitting going on than in Ranked. 

I really hope we see a Halo 6 this year.

I’ve also got a gold req pack to gift if anyone wants it?

Is this a good game to play through the SP? It's coming along with an Xbox One X and I was just going to sell it for a fiver. Partly because I've never really played a Halo game bar the original on PC up to The Library, and I've got a couple of the supposedly reasonable ones on 360 first (CE: Anniversary and Reach, I think) so if it's little better than those I doubt I'll bother. 

I'm not sure, but 2017 wasn't exactly encouraging. If Playground are doing FH4 rather than a new IP then I'd imagine that could be the tentpole of "Holiday" 2018. I could see Halo 6 being March 2019 - I'm not sure they want or need to be putting it out around Red Dead Redemption 2.

Just did this, which felt pretty damn good:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stagguh Lee/video/46539716

The pause is when I stopped to hit record. :lol:

3 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Is this a good game to play through the SP? It's coming along with an Xbox One X and I was just going to sell it for a fiver. Partly because I've never really played a Halo game bar the original on PC up to The Library, and I've got a couple of the supposedly reasonable ones on 360 first (CE: Anniversary and Reach, I think) so if it's little better than those I doubt I'll bother. 

Reach and CE are the best sp Halo games ever made. None of 343i stuff has come close (yet) But 5 on its own merits is definitely worth a play through. Might as well, no?

I think at best we might get a Halo 6 beta later this year. I'll be really surprised and delighted if they show anything at E3. 

Personally I'd love another ODST game or similar spin-off game before another proper sequel. 

I've been playing more Breakout recently, such an underrated gametype. 

34 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I think it's worth playing if you've got an X. I thought (and still think) it's one of the best looking games on the system.

It makes some really bad design choices in places and tends to lean on the bits of Halo I'm less keen on, rather than the large scale open battles which are few and far between. It also has one of the worst bosses in recent history who very nearly ruined the game for me (only a massive problem on Heroic and Legendary).

The MP is where it's at, though. So good. Came out in 2015 but was my most played game of 2016. After finding Sea of Thieves isn't for me and Crackdown possibly being a bit iffy I was questioning buying an S but getting back to this has justified the purchase to me.

I just went to check how much of this I'd played- 5d6h. 4th out of my friends list. Number 1? @Wallace with 50d12h. :blink:

5 hours ago, stefcha said:

I purchased an X about 4 weekends ago, and I'm playing through the SP campaign with my included GamePass trial. I'm struggling with it. Similar to 4, it just feels so bland. As mentioned it's not the longest campaign so wouldn't take forever to complete (I've not got far to go I believe). It is definitely a stunning looking game though and looks so good at 4K. I can imagine it looked great even on the base Xbox One. 

It may be in part because I've moved on, but there's a lot of other games I want to play instead. You get one month free GamePass in the box, plus another month for turning on automatic renewals so you can experience the campaign that way in case you still want to get that fiver back.

6 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think it's worth playing if you've got an X. I thought (and still think) it's one of the best looking games on the system.

It makes some really bad design choices in places and tends to lean on the bits of Halo I'm less keen on, rather than the large scale open battles which are few and far between. It also has one of the worst bosses in recent history who very nearly ruined the game for me (only a massive problem on Heroic and Legendary).

This reminds me! I remember playing it through on Legendary and getting up to a bit where you’re locked in a small area with that stupid fucking Warden, endless respawning dogs and whatever those other shitty Prometheans are called. It’s a tiny space with a ramp going up on either side and a few floating platforms above with some power weapons.

Anyway, angel was laughing at me for struggling with it as I found it an absolute bastard to do solo on Legendary. He kept telling me how easy it was and that I shouldn’t be having any problems with it. I must have tried every tactic I could think of, from rushin him, to hiding, to trying to cheese it only to finally get through from pure determination and things finally falling in my favour.

Then eventually I got out of him that he’d not even tried it on Legendary. Nice one angel!

12 hours ago, JPL said:

This reminds me! I remember playing it through on Legendary and getting up to a bit where you’re locked in a small area with that stupid fucking Warden, endless respawning dogs and whatever those other shitty Prometheans are called. It’s a tiny space with a ramp going up on either side and a few floating platforms above with some power weapons.

Anyway, angel was laughing at me for struggling with it as I found it an absolute bastard to do solo on Legendary. He kept telling me how easy it was and that I shouldn’t be having any problems with it. I must have tried every tactic I could think of, from rushin him, to hiding, to trying to cheese it only to finally get through from pure determination and things finally falling in my favour.

Then eventually I got out of him that he’d not even tried it on Legendary. Nice one angel!

I have a sad amount of satisfaction over doing the final Warden fight solo on Legendary before the single player balance patch. Then I remember it took me two hours...

1 hour ago, Lothar Hex said:

I have a sad amount of satisfaction over doing the final Warden fight solo on Legendary before the single player balance patch. Then I remember it took me two hours...

Ah, good times!

It was so stupidly unbalanced for single player. Any area like that, where you got locked in, just ended up as a proper slog. Not fun at all.

I play every new Halo through on Legendary first though, so I wasn’t going to let this one beat me!

In fact, I really hope they address that for the next one. I feel 343 have got a decent Halo in them, but they keep messing up the fundamentals.

They need to give us a purer game - No squad bullshit, no jumping between characters (fuck off Locke), no boss battles, no Prometheans.

I suppose I can dream.