Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

Struggle to go back to them ..?

this’s the third different console I’ve beaten Halo on, having beaten it countless times on SP and co op

it astonished me it just doesn’t seem to age, it doesn’t feel retro. I wish any other FPS could be this compelling 

They've been running with the line that pc and console are different markets and wouldn't affect sales for a while now. I'm inclined to think they're right, too. How many copies does Battlefield sell on pc Vs console? I imagine the bulk of sales are console. 

Maybe they just don't think Halo would sell enough to justify the cost of the port and marketing it? Maybe it's that old games appearing on pc is probably not be quite the megaton a new title would be? They'd presumably want a big splash and would want to market it appropriately. It could be a pr disaster "Halo finally appears on pc, sells 5000 copies."

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

What makes it significantly worse than any of the others?

First time through I wasn’t a huge fan of it but basically played it like one of the other Halo games. This time I’m charging and ground pounding left and right and it’s a lot more fun. Even the Prometheans are more fun to fight and the first time around I absolutely hated them. 

Theres still that awful Warden Eternal who I can’t imagine liking any more than the first time through. 

Dunno if I’d say it’s a better game than any of the previous ones but I struggle to go back to them. Will be interesting to see what I think once I’ve played a bit more. 

5 is much maligned but it's a great game. I too think the speed of movement and combat are really fluid and tactile. It allows for aggressive play not far off from Doom. 

Could they have announced a PC port before the Xbox version was fixed without causing a fan backlash? 

" Why are you working on a port when you haven't even fixed the Xbox version? #343sux #bungieforever" 

Bringing MCC and Halo 5 to PC before the release of Halo Infinite makes sense to me. The Halo 5 engine runs on PC already through forge doesn't it? 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

5 is much maligned but it's a great game. I too think the speed of movement and combat are really fluid and tactile. It allows for aggressive play not far off from Doom. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like the movement. Sprint and dash are cool, ground pound and clamber I can live without.

The problem is the enemies you fight against. The Prometheans are a terrible, boring slog that are visually messy and don’t give satisfactory feedback. Their robotic nature adds another level of detachment, compared to the more organic feeling Covenant. I can see what they were trying to do, but for whatever reasons they just haven’t pulled it off.

Don’t even get me started on that fucking Warden Eternal. He’s the worst enemy to ever appear in a Halo game for me.

With combat being Halo’s defining feature, to have such weak opponents just isn’t right, and I hope it’s the first thing they address for Infinite.

@HarryBizzle, this answers your post too!

Anyway Stanley, you’re on the list with Harry now. Does anyone else want to embarrass theirself?!

I’ve been dabbling with all the games but Halo 2A is the one I’m playing the most. I didn’t like the campaign all those years ago but the anniversary version has some small changes that make a big difference. The weapons sound and feel fantastic, the updated graphics and HDR make it much brighter and closer to the style of the original, and the new cinematics are really well done. 

I started up Halo CE on heroic yesterday and stopped after the Halo level to catch a break when I noticed that all of the games have playlists for each playthrough as well. But the Halo CE heroic playlist hadnt registered my progress so I was wondering what the difference is between this and the normal progression?

Pretty much nothing. I mean, I've completed all campaigns several times, but I'm going through from start to finish again, but using the "saga" playlist, to get the special related achievement. (Cross game playlists were broken until recently). Never really saw the point of the playlists, to be honest.

On 02/09/2018 at 16:49, linkster said:

I beat it but I resented it an awful lot 

H2 Legendary has always been completely broken, and Bungie have admitted so. They barely had enough time to finish the game let alone actually tune the Legendary experience. To stand any chance of finishing, you're best to do as many level skips as possible. 

I've finished every Halo on Legendary, with the exception of 2 and 5. To have fun with 2, I'd just stick to Heroic. 

On 03/09/2018 at 19:57, peeveen said:

Pretty much nothing. I mean, I've completed all campaigns several times, but I'm going through from start to finish again, but using the "saga" playlist, to get the special related achievement. (Cross game playlists were broken until recently). Never really saw the point of the playlists, to be honest.

Ok, I thought maybe there was a chance that you could open your game to public matchmaking or something.

The saga playlist sounds like a good idea, I will have a look out for that.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Jackal snipers. D:

They are truly awful but there are other absolute bastards like Flood Wraiths that fire about triple speed of normal and it just feels like there's collision issues everywhere, one bit late in the game is tight corridor section with brutes and you can shoot them perfectly point blank with shotgun and not have the slightest chance of survival

It's like a PC game tuned for quick save, but without the quick save

the crowning turd of course was beating every level and not getting the achievement on MCC cos of a known progression bug.

This has to be the best value game I’ve ever purchased considering it was less than a tenner  when I picked it up from CDKeys. Finished H2A yesterday and I’m about half way through Halo 1 and halo 3. I finished Halo 5 again just before the MCC got the new update so i should have managed a replay of the full series before long. Amazing games.