Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sprite said:

I never played Halo, except a brief stint on ODST.

Ive just started playing Halo 1 and it is fantastic.  :)  Fire being on LT is confusing.

Err, that's also not normal. There should be a bunch of control options you can choose between, and fire is normally on the right trigger.

I seem to recall my controls being messed up on the MCC to start with too, but after setting them back to default everything was fine.

Halo 1 down :D 

Why are warthogs so bloody hard to control?

Great game though, really holds up well today, ridiculous to think it first came out 17 years ago.  The music was a particular (surprising) highlight.  A little repetitive in places on the map design, but to be expected I suppose.  Great story and great gameplay (once I got my controls right).

Onto 2!

Played this for ah hour with my son last night on co-op. First time he has played Halo. He commented how good the music was. Great game on co-op. Even better that we both shared some time together doing something we both love moreso as he's not over here because of COVID this year.

7 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

It's pretty standard for modern FPS games these days (blame CoD4 for that perhaps).

:) Indeed don't play many FPS games to be fair even I was initially wondering why my grenades kept auto-firing. It's was worse for him because it was muscle memory....

Awesome game though. Riding the Warthog together was amazing fun....

20 hours ago, sprite said:

Halo 1 down :D 

Why are warthogs so bloody hard to control?

Great game though, really holds up well today, ridiculous to think it first came out 17 years ago.  The music was a particular (surprising) highlight.  A little repetitive in places on the map design, but to be expected I suppose.  Great story and great gameplay (once I got my controls right).

Onto 2!

Wonderful game. 

Warthog trick is stop thinking you're 'driving' them and just point the crosshair/cursor where you want it to go and it follows. All of a sudden a world of fun appears. Super slide skid jumps and swinging the back end round all over the shot. 

I got this in secret santa so can't wait to start once again. :)

My Halo campaigns run-through continues. Just finished Halo 2 and the drop from CE to 2 is so jarring: CE is so tight and balanced throughout, whereas 2 is this bloated and incoherent mess. I swear I had no idea what I was doing or why most of the time, and I actually didn't realise I'd completed the game as the climax was so underwhelming.

My recollection was very much that 2 was the poorest in the series, so hopefully it's all better from here on.