Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Yeah I am thinking that Titanfall will die first so should really play more of that. I might hold off getting stuck into Halo though even though I pre loaded it.

Is it still Tites Tuesday tomorrow?

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare had better NEVER die.

The pre release hype, sequences that looked to have been cut and an ending that made people wonder where the rest of the game was?

Even without the cut levels it was a longer game than the original Halo, I never understood why so many people felt short-changed by what was quite clearly a cliffhanger ending for the 'final' chapter. It still has a massive finale, with a (shit) boss battle and everything, and the only Halo game that came close to giving it a run for its money in terms of length was Reach.

lol what!?

Talk about taking my comment completely out of context! When did I ever say anything equivalent to suing them because they didn't deliver early?

The fact is shopto use to deliver there games early like simply games are now doing... I think I have every right to be a bit miffed if people on my friends list are playing the game when I've paid the exact same price as them yet the only difference is they've purchased from an alternate source.

At least Yoshi seems to understand.

You should order from Asda then, not SG. Mine turned up Saturday morning.

It wasnt a cliffhanger, they admitted as much. They cut the chief arriving on earth, where it was meant to end.

Yeah but he was hardly going to win the whole war in that final sequence, they were always going to have a third game, so in terms of narrative it didn't really make any difference. The alternative would probably still have been the Chief saying he's going to 'finish the fight', except with New Mombasa in the background. In terms of gameplay the actual 'ending' was flying and fighting alongside a Scarab, followed by beating the big bad brute, which was pretty grandiose.

Yeah but he was hardly going to win the whole war in that final sequence, they were always going to have a third game, so in terms of narrative it didn't really make any difference. The alternative would probably still have been the Chief saying he's going to 'finish the fight', except with New Mombasa in the background. In terms of gameplay the actual 'ending' was flying and fighting alongside a Scarab, followed by beating the big bad brute, which was pretty grandiose.

I hated it, i still do, its the worst anticlimax ending in gaming for me. Tartarus is a relative nobody, the brutes a a crap bunch of characters and race, the end bit was stupid, the pain at the time was tangible. Halo endings are never great but my god, halo 2's ending is a total disgrace. Time hasnt lessened it for me, its fucking rubbish.

I'm incredibly excited about starting Halo 2 tonight (provided my copy from Amazon has turned up), I remember enjoying it immensely at the time and it sounds like they've done a great job with the remaster. Funny how it's reputation has gone from 'slightly disappointing' at the time to 'pile of shite' these days.

I'm incredibly excited about starting Halo 2 tonight (provided my copy from Amazon has turned up), I remember enjoying it immensely at the time and it sounds like they've done a great job with the remaster. Funny how it's reputation has gone from 'slightly disappointing' at the time to 'pile of shite' these days.

I was livid at the time, i dont remember anyone being remotely impressed at all. I had my mouth agape the first time I saw it. Is that fucking IT??

I worked at gamestation at the time, avoided the french pirate copy, wasnt even allowed to buy it early due to company policy forbidding it, ended up sat facing the credits on a sunday night just like...what the fuck was all that. For the record I like gravemind and love the arbiter.

Even without the cut levels it was a longer game than the original Halo.

Really? I remember it being much shorter than the original Halo. Couldn't believe how quickly it was over.

Having said that, all I really remember about Halo 2 is the multiplayer which I played almost exclusively for an entire year (although I was never any good at it). Great, great times, and made many friends in the process.

Is there an original Halo 2 thread on here? I'm sure I remember talk of people getting the French rip early, etc.

It'd be good to read through it all again. If only to see what I thought of it at the time. I can't remember hating it anywhere near as much as what people are saying, but maybe I've got my rose tinted's on.