Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

This has been such a mess. I know of a least one sale lost due to all of this, my mate refused to buy it.

jjw1y1.jpg
Erm, ok. It's a relevant anecdote.

My friend is a big Xbox fan, likes Halo and has been put off this by all the problems it has had. Frankly I wouldn't buy it either - and I LOVE Halo.

It's a shambles.

Maybe online this is a shambles at the moment.... however I'm having too much fun with playing through the campaigns... Sure it'll get sorted out....

Its really good value for money TBH ~£45 for all 4 Halo games with a HD makeover for Halo 2....

Besides cant you play these on split screen co-op? Grab some beers and a mate and enjoy some old skool social gaming....

It's not a shambles - I'd say it's pretty much where it should be now with just a few more kinks to iron out and hopefully the re-instatement of ranking across all playlists to subdue the quitting.

If you're a self-professed Halo fan then not buying it now or in the future is cutting off your nose to spite your face and nothing more. I've had more fun replaying the campaigns (only half of H4 left to do) in this than any other SP FPS I've played this year and I've played hours of MP without issue (more recently obviously)

They've openly and publicly acknowledged they fucked it up, maintained comms with the playerbase and put out weekly updates to fix it and I think the raft of compensatory stuff they're offering up now is way beyond what anyone was expecting.

And yes you can split-screen :D

http://xboxclips.com/YoshiMax/4c154b63-775e-40b7-ae58-d0edf61f6151

Matches still don't seem fixed properly to be fair. Despite having a good 3-4 days of decent matchmaking, me and my brother couldn't find a game at all yesterday afternoon. Eventually got into BTB after a good 20 minutes of queuing, Le sigh.

On a different note, finally nailed par score on Halo CE this morning. Heroic + 7 skulls (including Iron) and I just barely scraped 26k. Fun times ahead.

Have they actually addressed, or announced plans to fix, the single player checkpoint issue? Lost my save on Truth & Reconciliation on Heroic after fending off what seemed like a dozen invisible sword-wielding elites. Fuck doing that again until I know it's fixed

I know for a fact Halo 4 is still broken. If you save and quit then go back to resume OR finish a mission and immediately start the next one without returning to the menu and picking the missions individually it will count as you doing co-op. Probably not a problem unless you're an achievement person but worth noting if your going for the Lone Wolf Legend achievement.

Had to replay a couple of levels that way, super annoying as I like Halo 4 the least.

Im not sure which one, either this or another one, obviously they arent touching the design, and weapons in halo 4 disappearing counted as design. But its definitely not been changed.

Imagine not being able to pick up guns in a Halo game. What a load of shit.

It wasnt this, they just had a finite amount of objects in the world as the 360 was being pushed so hard, so they had to aggressively remove decals, weapon drops and so on.

I don't think it's distance based, I assume there's a finite number of objects allowed and as more weapons are dropped the oldest ones disappear. I only ever noticed it once or twice, it's mostly mitigated by all the weapon crates dotted around Halo 4, which never disappear.

It’s nice that they’re adding Spartan Ops; I can’t see it getting much attention from people though, given that it inhabits the same niche as Destiny but in a much more primitive way. Spartan Ops badly needed a Destiny-like respawn system, where you have to be revived by your teammates after you die, and if you all die then you all have to restart at the last checkpoint.

As it is, you just respawn immediately with no penalty, so that co-op games are just a war of attrition where one side has unlimited stockpiles of troops. It’s like the gaming equivalent of entering a martial arts tournament for under-fives – being unbeatable is fun for a while, but you feel a bit empty afterwards. Which is a bit of a shame when you look at how much effort must have gone into making all ten or so chapters, all of those massive, unique environments, and all of those beautifully animated cutscenes.

It's particularly retarded when the Halo campaigns have exactly that feature, both of you dying sending you back to the last checkpoint (iron skull, I think, the one which in single player means a death sends you back to the start of the level)