Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

Well I've recently bought this and intend to fully enjoy playing through the campaigns in lovely HD goodness... I expect the online multiplayer will be fully fixed at some point but there is plenty here to keep you busy especially considering you are getting 4 games here tweaked to run on XBO for the price of one single console game.

Not perfect at the moment but lets draw some positives of what is on offer here.... :)

Happy Halo Christmas everybody....

Making the playlists all ranked should stop that. Anybody unable to get a single game now the problem is likely their end - you shouldn't take more than a few minutes to see matchmaking progress.

Not likely as every other game/console works just fine. Played some Titanfall immediately after not getting a single game to work in Halo.

I would hang onto it, it'll get better. It's buggy, but it's not THAT buggy - and Halo:CE at 1080/60fps is a thing to behold. The best game ever, in the gaming equivalent of IMAX.

Are you an original graphics or Anniversary rework kinda guy?

I'm just curious as I feel the aesthetic devide between the two is much larger that Halo 2 : A

Well the presentation kinda sucks in this, playing cut scenes then jarring straight to static load screens, but by eck does Halo 4 look good, its gorgeous. 60fps is great, i was wrong to think it could be dodgy, its excellent. Very happy with my purchase.

Are you an original graphics or Anniversary rework kinda guy?

I'm just curious as I feel the aesthetic devide between the two is much larger that Halo 2 : A

I'm kind of both if I'm being honest - the fun comes from seeing the difference between the two versions, neither is particularly better. The remastered graphics tend to look better on the outside bits, while on the inside bits, the new textures can look a bit busy and elaborate. The remastered Halo 2 is much closer to Bungie's original look, but the same thing still applies - the best bits of the new graphics are the bits where they pushed the Xbox too far.

I found the scale the biggest difference with 2 - some of the sections have a lot more impact in the remastered mode compared to the original.

Well the presentation kinda sucks in this, playing cut scenes then jarring straight to static load screens, but by eck does Halo 4 look good, its gorgeous. 60fps is great, i was wrong to think it could be dodgy, its excellent. Very happy with my purchase.

I have a new found love of H4 because of this package. Phenomenal campaign.

I'm looking forward to playing Halo 4 again. I loved that campaign.

But Halo 2 on Legendary is proving to be fucking infuriating. I'm on Sacred Icon now and 1. I don't like playing as an Elite and 2. I hate the Flood, especially the Cunts who have shotguns.

I don't want to chop and change but I might have to give up on it soon. It just becomes a chore at times.

I'm looking forward to playing Halo 4 again. I loved that campaign.

But Halo 2 on Legendary is proving to be fucking infuriating. I'm on Sacred Icon now and 1. I don't like playing as an Elite and 2. I hate the Flood, especially the Cunts who have shotguns.

I don't want to chop and change but I might have to give up on it soon. It just becomes a chore at times.

A lot of the Halo 2 levels, especially the Arbiter ones can quite easily be done on Legendary by skipping large amounts of enemies. No, I'm not saying speedrun it but the more difficult sections I managed to make easier on myself with liberal use of the cloak.

On a different note, gonna try and get some MP in tonight if anyone is about and fancies a few matches...probs BTB. GT is ReynoldsM. Will probs go from 1800 GMT ish and see how I feel.

Its not perfect but its fun. Halo 2 is shit though, utter garbage, the makeover doesnt save the design.

Or if you're a sucker for punishment like me, I'm enjoying it. There's some great fun to be had amongst the bad. Those bastard one hit snipers on Legendary can suck my dick though.

I am having some fun with it I admit, a lot of it is through gritted teeth and seeing how far games have come in 10 years. Its definitely the runt of the litter.

Im totally down with halo 5 modernising now actually, I want a run button, I want the extra movement stuff, Halo 2 is so basic its almost like playing doom or something, but without the OTT violence and speed.

I am having some fun with it I admit, a lot of it is through gritted teeth and seeing how far games have come in 10 years. Its definitely the runt of the litter.

Im totally down with halo 5 modernising now actually, I want a run button, I want the extra movement stuff, Halo 2 is so basic its almost like playing doom or something, but without the OTT violence and speed.

That's true right up until the point you play CE and realise it still takes a running dump on most of the current gumpf out there. But yes, I like running too :)

Completed it today, yes!

Lots of achievements are still incorrectly locked, yay!

Thanks Varsity, there was much sneaky, cloaked progress made in the end.

Happened to me as well - check through the achievements per game in-game and pick one that should've popped and it'll ask if you want to go to the relevant mission for that achievement say yes and then shitloads will pop :)

Playing through Halo CE and it's like playing through treacle. So slow! Where's my sprint button? Guns feel so inaccurate! Where's my ADS? I'm lost! Where are my map markers and objectives? Man, I've become so spoilt and dumbed down by shooters over the last 10 years that this truly feels like something out of the dark ages to me now :lol:. It's weird, though; I can go back and play doom and it still feels as fresh, but going through halo just feels archaic. Such an odd feeling, given how much I played this back in the day, and how revolutionary it was at the time.

Matchmaking still seems broken beyond belief. So much rage yesterday at the seemingly ridiculous notion of 3 of us trying to get into a game together. Any Anniversary match I got into was laggy beyond belief as well. *sigh* What are we on now? Nearly a month and a half since release :/

Matchmaking still seems broken beyond belief. So much rage yesterday at the seemingly ridiculous notion of 3 of us trying to get into a game together. Any Anniversary match I got into was laggy beyond belief as well. *sigh* What are we on now? Nearly a month and a half since release :/

Yeah man it's fucking borked today as well - we'd get one absolutely perfect game then it'd fail to find another.

Happened to me as well - check through the achievements per game in-game and pick one that should've popped and it'll ask if you want to go to the relevant mission for that achievement say yes and then shitloads will pop :)

This worked for the Terminals achievements but the ones for completing the Halo 2 campaign on Legendary/Heroic etc. didn't. Screw playing through that again :lol:

Started Halo 4 last night. Yeah, it still looks good... http://xboxclips.com/Wallbob/b40f9348-8057-4f19-9308-fdf79c78a95f/embed