Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

I think most of my friends list has already moved on from this including those who bought consoles just for this. Sad, but a sign of getting old and the amount of games out. Take me back to being 15 again sitting in a dark room during summer playing Halo 2 constantly.

I think most of my friends list has already moved on from this including those who bought consoles just for this. Sad, but a sign of getting old and the amount of games out. Take me back to being 15 again sitting in a dark room during summer playing Halo 2 constantly.

7 of us on now come play :)

7 of us on now come play :)

I wish I could but I'm at work. I do night shifts 10-6 so social gaming time is a real issue for me now bar Sat night and Sun night (and usually Sat I'm doing something). I keep missing you guys on a Sunday, once the New Year starts I'll hopefully commit some more time. Between working and bringing up a puppy, I get bugger all gaming time!

Oh and I left my Xbox pad at my Mums 50 miles away, so I currently can't play anything!

Are rankings still just for Halo 2 Anniversary?

Quality games last night fellas. Apologies for ducking out so suddenly my little boy was crying. Anyone around for a couple of hours this afternoon?

Not jumped into the MP stuff yet, as we have been going through the single player. But it is fascinating watching Lucas try and work his way through the original Halo when he has really only been exposed to games that do a lot of handholding.

Even Halo forces him to make decisions on his own, without pointing out exactly where to go at all times.

For me it has been great to return to a classic game and look forward to playing through everything. Allowing me to finally finish Halo 3 and experience Halo 4 for the very first time.

Work nights myself as well and as such time is limited.

Will be about Friday - Monday, if anyone jumps on just throw me a party invite, normally on Xbox anyway achievement whoring but will normally jump straight across at the chance of actually playing with others.

I never had any except for Halo2.

New patch next week and new MP and SO achievements being added today. There's a theory that the problem with this is they used this game to test the 2015 MP model MS are going to adopt since the November SDK and it's basically screwed on the MS side and therefore 343 are between a rock and a hard place but are waiting for MS to resolve the problems at which point it should work properly - I don't think I buy it.

Since my earlier problems single player saves have been fine. In fact I finally managed to finish Halo 2 on Legendary last week. That side of it seems to be sorted now at least.

I don't buy it personally (Halo5 would surely be suffering exactly the same) but here's the "theory".

Link to reddit post this is based on: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2rl1qa/sdk_leak_and_thoughts_around_mcc_issues/

Based on the November SDK leak, MS is re-doing the entire multiplayer system, specifically the party structure. They are calling the new system 2015 Multiplayer.
Per MS, the new system would work as follows:"Summary of the 2014 Multiplayer Design The 2014 Multiplayer design is based on the concept of the game party, exposed to titles using the Microsoft.Xbox.Services.Multiplayer Namespace in the XDK. The game party is an Xbox One system-level construct that titles use to manage a group of people who are playing together within a title. All joins and invitations are currently to the game party, and matchmaking is driven by game party membership.In 2014 Multiplayer, the title places game party members into multiplayer session directory (MPSD) sessions to manage connectivity and report multiplayer interactions. The interaction with MPSD sessions by the title uses the Xbox Services API (XSAPI) and/or the Xbox Live Services RESTful API.2015 Multiplayer Design The most obvious change implemented in the 2015 Multiplayer is that titles no longer need to access multiplayer functionality through game parties. Instead, they can now perform all multiplayer-related operations directly, using MPSD sessions. The following diagrams illustrate this change.
The XSAPI has been updated to enable titles to: Advertise a user’s current activity and availability for joins. Send invites to sessions, along with user-visible (title-specified) context strings. Discover and join sessions. Maintain web socket connections to the MPSD so that they can receive shoulder taps on session changes, and so that the MPSD can rapidly detect and act upon client disconnection. Use Smart Match matchmaking. Use service-to-service calls to access new MPSD functionality."The 2015 Multiplayer system has been in preview form for a period of time and I believe Halo: MCC was the very first game to try it out and it failed miserably. The issue is on the MS backend. They thought it was working fine but all the handshakes don't work. This is why 343 has been unable to fix the problem. They didn't really create the issue, they used the system they were given and they don't want to go back now because in the end it will be better.
I also believe this is why 343 included a p2p backup plan, if the new matchmaking failed to connect to dedicated then you would revert to p2p.

So this still takes a fair old while to get into games for me but it just absolutely shines when you get there. I've been playing Team Slayer with my housemates and just loving every second. Being able to jump from game to game actually gives a fair bit of variety in your tactics rather than confusing things.

It's brilliant, basically. If it could be a bit quicker loading up it'd be everything I'd been hoping for since it's announcement.