IGNORED

Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

New achievements are up bringing the total to a whopping 5000 gamerscore. They are frankly, ridiculous though. LASO Spartan Ops? Spartan Ops Solo Legendary? The MP achievements are no better.

Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge but they do seem to have just been thrown in "for the sake of it" at this point. All the MP ones are essentially get x number of medals. As for SOps solo all chapters on legendary? I could bear doing it for the campaigns but for essentially 10 chapters of horde mode doing it solo would be mind numbingly boring as well as horrendously difficult.

Not that I was kidding myself in thinking I could get all 5000 anyway, the speed run and LASO achievements saw to that but still...

Still not been able to play this for weeks due to Christmas and leaving my Xbox pad at my Mums 50 miles away. Is there any ranked MP modes other than Anniversary yet?

Nope not unless they added them in the latest update last night.

This is an exceptionally bad response to any criticism of anything. I hate, hate, hate it.

It's the tactic of a child, frankly.

Come on Smitty, it's all about context of the post. It is not like it was a cheap one liner to a well written post expressing his feelings. In that case then yes I would agree with you but if all the effort he could muster was

"Well the beta sucks. Its boring"

Well then I feel justified with my equally shit retort.

Poor Smitty.

So much cock talk smitty. You said the same to me a few weeks ago.

Not getting enough?

What puzzles me is that neither of you are embarrassed by your obvious obsequiousness to Microsoft and similarly that so few people have called you out on it. The post you made a few pages back was so bad I would describe it as an embarrassment for the forum to be hosting it, but it's only received two negs.

But that's other people. For me watching you criticise me for criticising the terrible state of MCC and some other comments has been remarkable.

I could understand if you were 11 and felt you had to defend the fair lady Microsoft's honour, but otherwise that console warz bullshit belongs in the 90s.

Come on then Smitty, seeing as you seemingly want to take this further, show me some examples of my obsequiousness towards MS.

I can completely admit that I think the console is fucking fantastic, without any kind of embarrassment, and that it continues to get better. And that 2015 looks to be shaping up to be another great year for us owners.

At no point though have I sucked Microsoft's dick, as you so eloquently and maturely stated, and in no way am I under any kind of servitude to them. I'm just a gamer enjoying an amazing system.

What a strange and troubled mind you have if you look upon people who enjoy something with such disdain.

What puzzles me is that neither of you are embarrassed by your obsequiousness to Microsoft and similarly that so few people have called you out on it. The post you made a few pages back was so bad I would describe it as an embarrassment for the forum to be hosting it, but it's only received two negs.

But that's other people. For me watching you criticise me for criticising the terrible state of MCC and some other comments has been jaw dropping.

I could understand if you were 11 and felt you had to defend the fair lady Microsoft's honour, but otherwise that console warz bullshit belongs in the 90s.

For the last time Smitty — I'm not in bed with microsoft, at all.

Stop mixing up 'me defending things' with you 'putting things down'.

Fair lady Microsoft's honour?.

post-12930-0-23062900-1420830323_thumb.p

post-12930-0-14958800-1420830319_thumb.p

post-12930-0-19763700-1420830330_thumb.p

Smitty pls.

The post you are referencing was based around you slagging things off (as usual) about games you have yet to play (as usual).

Stop telling people to grow up, and grow up.

Go play some games Smitty.

If you weren't insulted being told you're sucking MS's cock I take it back, apologies.

Mr Do, that 'Xbox wins' is worse that all of NEG.

Oh, don't worry about me. I'm never insulted by slanderous comments of my alleged homosexual activity with multi-national corporations.

Can anyone explain that post that Yoshi put up from Reddit?

This is my take on it, with a helping of assumption too

There are 3 components to the party system

multiplayer session directory (MPSD)

The Xbox One OS

The Game

The Game:

The in game party or (Roster in Halo's case) can read what is happening in the OS level party and will update it's menu's and status accordingly. The game can also send information about whether there is space in the game and whether a player should be able to join it or not.

Xbox One OS Party System :

This local process can read and write to the MPSD, updating your in game availability, whether you are in the same game as the other players etc.

multiplayer session directory (MPSD):

I presume this is a directory of all of the current multiplayer games and parties that are currently happening on xbox live at any given point, I presume that apps like the friend's lists can see this and know whether a player or game is it's joinable or not.

Using the 2014 party system the game has to be able to update the information given by the Xbox One OS and send changes in the a game multiplayer session to the Xbox One OS. The Game and the Party system work together to generate a single set of information to write to the MPSD.

One of the current problems that games have is that it's tricky for the game and the OS to stay constantly in sync. Changes in network connectivity or a single user crashing may mean that a command is not sent to the Party system and then the status of a party can be incorrect right back to the level of the directory level, which games themselves may be using for matchmaking purposes.

Using the 2015 party system the game can communicate directly with the MPSD bypassing the middle man of the current OS level chat/party system which appears to be an abandoned remnant of the "NEW and IMPROVED" Xbox One party smart match based system that was left to fester back in March. Hopefully this should cut back on the issues we all will have experienced in MCC.