Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

I wouldn't say it's a buggy piece of shit, that implies it's unplayable to me. Most issues seem to be around matchmaking times although some of the other issues remain.

I would assume the whole 'I'm still having fun with it' is relevant in that the bugs aren't game breaking and it still plays well. If it was totally fucked, they wouldn't be playing?

Agree. Not had any problems when I've been playing it. Not played a huge amount of the package as a whole but been having fun with it.

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything in the end... just hang fire and don't buy things at launch. If day one sales start dropping significantly on big release titles this will hit them where it hurts and will improve the quality on future releases. Maybe. So long as people keep buying they'll keep selling. :D

Not worth getting wound up about really... just go play something else. If you bought it at launch well sure its a bit unfortunate.

Anyhow...

Let me remind you how this started.

This is unacceptable. The industry needs to get its shit together and stop releasing broken stuff that isn't ready.

How long since release now? How many patches?

How long you had the game?

Try, if you can, to work out the fucking thinking behind that response.

I've had the game for two whole weeks now. I really like it, but I have only played the single player stuff so far. But boy is it fun to go back. Also introducing Lucas to the franchise and watching him discover it is just as good to see. He loves switching between original and remastered graphics.

We plan on making our way through 1-4 just in time for the arrival of 5 so we can jump out of 4 straight to 5 on release day.

I didn't realise there was a mode to build your own levels, so after we finish 2, he will be let loose with that for a bit before jumping online proper.

We've been alright so far, just had a few BTB matches back to back fine.

yeah it has worked previously for us too, but today was terrible, not a single game in over an hour or messing round in lobbies and failing to find games :( that was broken up by a stint on halo 5 which did work after initial problems so at least we got a few games in on that.

Does it still boot everyone back to the menu after each game instead of keeping everyone who played in that round together?

I'd like to say no but sometimes it screws up - if you're all communicating it can be ok more often than not one person will be stuck at the uploading stats bit for longer than the others

Halo4 and Team Hardcore playlists have been added - they've said Team Doubles and an objective gametype only playlist will be added soon too. They're all still unranked though - there's now too many to fit on the screen :lol:

Patch is due tomorrow I think.

There's rumblings on Twitter that this patch is addressing a lot of the big ticket items - not going to hold my breath but it'd be nice if this got us working BTB.

That Halo4 playlist works really well - quick searching and very solid games so there's that.

Off sick from work today, noticed that I had 2 entries for the master chief collection in the games section. Deleted one in order to save space and lo and behold/who'd have thought it the whole thing deleted. Nothing like a sicky spent waiting for Halo to download on the day it's apparently started working.

Our next content update is now targeting a late weekend release in order to conduct additional testing. This content update will include improvements to UI, Matchmaking, game-specific multiplayer items, controls, and more. We’ll continue to post updates via this thread, and provide full patch notes once the update has cleared the certification process.