Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

Still, I've been working my way through all the campaigns on Legendary again, doing it in my order of worst to best. I started with 2, then moved onto 4 and now I'm up to Tsavo Highway on 3. Saving the best for last.

4 is actually a lot better than i remember it as well. I really enjoyed my playthrough. Although the introduction of the Prometheans wasn't the best move. They're just not as fun to fight as the Covenant, but I suppose 343 wanted to put their stamp on things.

Sniper alley on Halo 2 was still as shit as ever I presume?

I was doing them in order and naturally Halo on Legendary is giving me a massive kicking. It'll get easier after this right?

*thinks about Cairo Station, sniper alley and that bit of Delta Halo with the Buggers*

:facepalm:

Back to Titanfall in the meantime.

Yeah, sniper alley's a bitch. But, I'd also forgotten there are a load of one-hit snipers on the jungle level of Halo 3 as well, but they don't seem as deadly accurate and they've got a light on their head to make spotting them easier too.

Cairo Station is amazing though. I won't have a bad word said about it.

This was the update 5 hours ago. They're being so vague it's crazy.

Over the past few weeks, weve been completing work on the upcoming content update, which will improve stability, matchmaking, the party and invite system, and more. As we announced previously, this content update includes fundamental changes to the aforementioned systems, and making and validating these changes requires substantial time beyond what was required for prior updates.

Wonder what happened to the beta update then? I just wish they kept us idiots in the loop a bit more.

It still did happen, just not with the public. It was NDA'd to fuck with VMC under a private test. I'm not breaking nay rules because I didn't take part. I was being told about it by someone who I know. He got himself a free copy of the game so he could take part in the test!

This was the update 5 hours ago. They're being so vague it's crazy.

I'm sure they just copy and paste that shit every time there's a new 'update'.

It seems pretty obvious by now that the whole thing was a total shambles and that they haven't got a clue how to fix it.

Who gave these clowns the go ahead to kill the Chief?

It still did happen, just not with the public. It was NDA'd to fuck with VMC under a private test. I'm not breaking nay rules because I didn't take part. I was being told about it by someone who I know. He got himself a free copy of the game so he could take part in the test!

Why did they initially announce it to the public, then once they decided to make it private not bother letting us know?

All I can assume is that it didn't help anyway, as there's been no further mention of it and the game still isn't fixed.

The fault is not entirely with 343 here - that MP party system appears to have been forced on them. It's utter garbage though how they're handling it. I can still play myself all day but playing with pals is a big chunk of this game for me and that is still ruinous. Sticking with titanfall till its fixed

I have no idea. From what he said it was all very last minute, they were only told about the test 24 hours before it took part. They then spent 4 hours not playing the game, but matchmaking, find a game, load in, quit, matchmaking, find a game, load in, quit (Repeat those exact steps for 4 hours).

The fault is not entirely with 343 here - that MP party system appears to have been forced on them. It's utter garbage though how they're handling it. I can still play myself all day but playing with pals is a big chunk of this game for me and that is still ruinous. Sticking with titanfall till its fixed

You're right. If someone gives you a party system to implement, the best thing to do is not test it thoroughly and just release it

Ultimately the blame rests with MS; they're the publisher, not 343 and it seems extremely unlikely given 343's first-party status that MS didn't know the whole thing was a house of cards - unless this is another Driveclub "synthetic testing was fine" situation.

This new party system being forced on 343 at the 11th hour stuff sounds like the product of the internet reading a leaked SDK doc and guessing that the broken MC Collection is down to that.

I have no idea. From what he said it was all very last minute, they were only told about the test 24 hours before it took part. They then spent 4 hours not playing the game, but matchmaking, find a game, load in, quit, matchmaking, find a game, load in, quit (Repeat those exact steps for 4 hours).

I wonder how many games they managed to find in that 4 hours?

This new party system being forced on 343 at the 11th hour stuff sounds like the product of the internet reading a leaked SDK doc and guessing that the broken MC Collection is down to that.

Partially but if you look at that last update they call the changes "fundamental" which would imply a ground-up reworking for those elements.

And that's Halo 3 done. Just the beautiful dessert that is CE to blast through on Legendary now.

It's such a good series. Easily my all time favourite.

Frank has come out of hiding

People have every right to be annoyed. Part of the problem with the underlying issue is its inconsistency. You're having a good experience. We have players who don't encounter any issues at all (outside of long matchmaking times) but plenty of players encounter real issues. That underlying weirdness is what we're fixing and what's at the root of the vast majority of the problems. Untangling it and re-engineering it was vastly more complicated than we expected.

Again one day I hope we can do a tech post-mortem - but the big fix is making rapid progress. In the meantime, people who're having engative experiences have every right to bitch. I support them in this.

Not death threats though.

Managed a few games of BTB in a party of 3 yesterday and it worked ! Still no date for this patch though.

I got through The Silent Cartographer yesterday and it's still as glorious as the first time I played it. I'm still seeing behavior that surprises me after all these years and it's still the best, most replayable FPS to this day.

Assault on The Control Room now, and I've just reached the valley floor and grabbed a Warthog. Brilliant stuff.

Destiny pales so much in comparison with this it's not even funny.

I know, but it was Bungie's 'next game' and I was looking forward to it more than anything. They've taken the FPS in a direction I've got no interest in though, making it more about leveling/the grind than about pitting your wits against intelligent AI. I can see that a lot of people will enjoy that, but it isn't for me and it's a huge disappointment that the best FPS developer there is has moved into a genre I'm not keen on.

I was expecting the next Halo, whatever that could be, but instead they gave us something else entirely.

I know, but it was Bungie's 'next game' and I was looking forward to it more than anything. They've taken the FPS in a direction I've got no interest in though, making it more about leveling/the grind than about pitting your wits against intelligent AI. I can see that a lot of people will enjoy that, but it isn't for me and it's a huge disappointment that the best FPS developer there is has moved into a genre I'm not keen on.

I was expecting the next Halo, whatever that could be, but instead they gave us something else entirely.

The single player shooter possibly peaked with Halo. I'm guessing Bungie know that and perhaps Valve are the only ones out there that can move the genre forward. You can't blame either of them for pursuing different paths.