rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hoodedclaw

Metro Redux Ps4 Xbone

has this been reported on here ....?

Metro Redux: Two Games, 1080p on PS4

I could say how excited we are to be showing you this trailer, but I have an idea of what you really want to know… so let’s just cut to the chase. Metro Redux runs at 1080p, 60FPS onPlayStation 4. We had to sneak the PS4 development kits into Kiev to make it happen, but we wholeheartedly think it was worth it… Metro Redux includes Metro 2033 (for the first time ever on a PlayStation platfrom) and Metro: Last Light, remastered for PlayStation 4, with all the gameplay, AI, gunplay, and graphical improvements we added in Last Light now applied to both games.

You’ll be able to download each game – Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux – from PSN for just $24.99 each – or if you prefer, pick up the boxed Metro Redux double pack for only $50. Expect to hear a lot more news from us between now and release later this summer! In the meantime, please enjoy our trailer for the game!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/22/metro-redux-two-games-1080p-on-ps4/#sf3033726

Return to Post-Apocalytic Moscow With Metro Redux

4A Games and Deep Silver are bringing the iconic Metro series to the next generation. Metro Redux features fully re-mastered and improved versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, creating the most compelling Metro experience ever.

With re-worked next-gen visuals, smooth 60FPS gameplay on console, as well as new and improved content and features, Metro Redux is much more than a simple HD upgrade.

For the Redux edition, Metro 2033 has been completely overhauled:

• The original game has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine, bringing all the graphical and gameplay improvements from Last Light to Metro 2033 Redux

• Enjoy completely re-mastered visuals: advanced lighting, dynamic weather, more detailed characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects

• Experience radically improved gameplay: advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customisation, and silent kills and take-downs

Metro: Last Light has also received a graphical face-lift and gameplay improvements that carry across both titles, including new melee animations, and the fan requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. It also includes all previously released Season Pass add-on content – a further 10 hours of single-player gameplay.

With Metro Redux, players now have the choice to experience both Metro games the way they want with the introduction of two unique ‘Play Styles.’

Those who favoured the more survival horror oriented gameplay of Metro 2033 can play both campaigns in the ‘Survival’ Play Style, a fraught slow-burn fight for survival with limited resources, deadlier enemy AI, and slower reload speeds. Those who enjoyed the more action oriented gameplay of Metro: Last Light can try the ‘Spartan’ Play Style, providing Artyom with a powerful set of combat skills and more plentiful resources.

In addition, the legendary Ranger Mode returns to both games, providing the most immersive and challenging experience as the HUD is stripped away and hardcore rules apply.

Upon release, Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will each be available separately as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and PC a suggested $24.99 / €19.99 / £15.99.

Alongside the digital release, a boxed compilation containing both games, titled Metro Redux will be available at retail for a suggested $49.99 / €39.99 / £34.99.

Metro 2033 Redux, Metro: Last Light Redux and the compilation Metro Redux are scheduled for release this Summer for Xbox One, PlayStation, and Windows PC.

Dedicated Linux and SteamOS versions will also release later this year.

Metro Redux is based on the internationally best-selling novel METRO 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKrf97qljs4#t=67

Edited by Hoodedclaw
  • Upvote 3

This is also for Xbox One and PC, please make subject adjustment thanks.

Metro Redux runs at 900p, 40-45FPS

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This sounds really interesting actually, you can seemingly play each of the games in the style of the other. I never played Last Light but did gather the impression that a lot of people preffered 2033's survival based gameplay over the more straight-forward action approach of the sequel.

4A's vision hasn't been consistent between Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light, the latter of which benefited from more robust shooting, more viable options for stealth and a greater level of polish overall. Those mechanical improvements - even the ability to wipe your visor clean – are now present in the "Redux" version of Metro 2033. The game's lighting has been overhauled and its cutscenes have been remade in the first-person perspective to match Last Light's unwavering style.

Fans that prefer Metro 2033 to be preserved with a few warts will be interested in how the first and second games cross over in their Redux forms. Each game can be played in the style of the other, with the "Survival" mode bringing a slower pace and more challenging resource management to Last Light, whereas the "Spartan" mode brings Metro 2033's shooting and scavenging up to speed with Last Light. The hardcore "Ranger" mode is available right from the start in either game, as is all add-on content released to date.

Ho ho ho, yawn.

He might actually be right, the news/blog post clearly specifically states it's 1080p/60FPS on Playstation 4.

Metro Redux runs at 1080p, 60FPS on PlayStation 4

If it was the same on Xbone they'd just leave out the on PlayStation bit, surely?

You mean the Playstation blog on the Playstation website that doesn't even mention that it's coming out on any other platforms?

Anyway, from Jotstiq:

Finally, Metro Redux presents both games at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second. Redux versions of Metro 2033 will be available for download separately for $24.99 each, or as a combined retail package on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $49.99.

Well, Polygon says something else entirely to that. (Includes a trailer too)

Beynon said the console versions are expected to run at 60 frames per second. The PS4 version will run at 1080p resolution, with the Xbox One running at 900p.

Well that's what I get for only reading the first google link. :doh:

Nice trailer though, as a fan of slightly-janky-but-atmosphere-heavy eastern European games I'm up for this. Seems to have had a lot more love poured into it than your average remaster.

5 posts before framerate and resolution starts to stink up another thread :(

I miss the golden years, before the PS4 and Bone, when resolution and framerate did not matter as nobody could tell the difference. :(

So it costs more to buy both together than individually? I know it's only 1c, but still...

2c! And that's for a boxed version. I presume you can only get them individually digitally.

Truly this is the age of the Console Master Race. I'm glad I have a PC and don't have to worry about the amount of pixels or refresh rates that are being offered, I simply download the game and play. All this tech-talk makes my head hurt.

I don't worry and I'm not a PC gamer. I just buy anything multi-platform for my PS4.

I miss the golden years, before the PS4 and Bone, when resolution and framerate did not matter as nobody could tell the difference. :(

Except for you though, or was I hallucinating about the Beige Box superiority complex that's been around for several years?

• Upvote 1

The last third of Last Light is one of the most technically impressive things I've seen on PC. Once I got through the first few hours which basically felt like a remake of 2033, I totally fell for that game.

Don't make me Wolfcastle you.

Understood, you're acting was too sincere for me to cotton on initially.

Considering how demanding these games are at full whack in their current versions on PC, be interesting to see what they've done to get them to reach this performance level on console. I read some comment from the CTO where he didn't seem too bothered about the technical nature of the new consoles. His engine is fairly well parallelised.

Are we going to get some new games on next gen too, or is it only reruns?

Seems that way doesn't it. I'm sure a new one is in development though.

Never played Last Light and its been a long time since I played the original so im in.

It does look like we're going to have to wait until 2015 for proper current-gen (PS4 and XB1) console games. Apart from Batman it's all upscaled remakes and upscaled cross-gen games for this year.

Oh wait there's also that current-gen AC game, that one is also 2014 right?