IGNORED

Metro Redux Ps4 Xbone

Hoodedclaw

I'm hoping a few more games will be announced at E3 for release this year.

In the latest Bombcast they mentioned all the embargoed stuff that was shown ahead of time to journalists and without breaking NDA they were heavily hinting that "2015 sure is going to be a GREAT year for the new consoles". I wouldn't expect much.

It does look like we're going to have to wait until 2015 for proper current-gen (PS4 and XB1) console games. Apart from Batman it's all upscaled remakes and upscaled cross-gen games for this year.

Oh wait there's also that current-gen AC game, that one is also 2014 right?

List of known current gen games being released this year:

Evolve

EA Sports UFC

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

I'd call CoD a proper current gen game, the last gen ports are downscaled from the base current gen game and are not being handled inhouse by Sledgehammer. Be interesting to see what lengths the poor sods making the X360/PS3 versions will have to go to to make them fit, Titanfall required some very clever ideas to make it work, and they only had to port from an engine designed to run on a toaster.

It does look like we're going to have to wait until 2015 for proper current-gen (PS4 and XB1) console games. Apart from Batman it's all upscaled remakes and upscaled cross-gen games for this year.

Oh wait there's also that current-gen AC game, that one is also 2014 right?

Destiny.

LL does continue on from 2033 so you maybe won't get unimportant links in the story if you played LL first but it's no big deal. However i recommend 2033 over LL as although LL has the better combat mechanics 2033 trumps it in terms of story, atmosphere and gameplay.

A remake of 2033 with the slight shonky stealth mechanics resolved would be most welcome.

Whilst 2033 was indeed excellent it did feel a bit restrictive and "on rails" for most of the game. I constantly had the feeling I was being herded to the next set piece somewhat. Did Last Light address this in any way?

Whilst 2033 was indeed excellent it did feel a bit restrictive and "on rails" for most of the game. I constantly had the feeling I was being herded to the next set piece somewhat. Did Last Light address this in any way?

I didn't play the first one, but in LL there are many scenarios where how you get through an area is pretty much up to your imagination. Also plenty of tight corridors, but these juxtapose nicely with the wide-open outdoorsy bits.

I got lost plenty of times.

It's coming out on PS3 and 360?? Fuck it then, Nintendo have the monopoly on AAA next-gen titles so far this year.

Lords of the Fallen! That one is coming only to PC, PS4 and XB1. I think it's out this year and it looks kinda Dark Souls-like, like.

I've got both 2033 and LL on PC. Do I need to play 2033 first, or can I jump straight in to LL?

If you want to play these on a PC with good performance without needing a super powerful machine, might be worth getting the redux versions, the games have both been technologically overhauled, but 2033 has also been rejigged to play better. I've got a copy of 2033 in the digital equivalent of shrinkwrap, looks like it might aswell stay there until I see if the redux makes it redundant.

Huge improvements have been made, especially on Metro 2033. The game is essentially completely redone. Really hope you enjoy it!

It’s important to point out that it not only LOOKS better, but since we revamped the gunplay and gameplay features it also PLAYS significantly better. Hope you enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Have preordered this on the PS4, never played them last gen due to no multiplayer I didn't think they were worth the price tags. Preordered for £25 i'd say it's definitely going to be worth that price. Looking forward to it with all the positivity regarding the story and gameplay.

The whole package looks extremely classy, at a fantastic price considering the amount of content and work that's gone into it too. It's good to have another two meaty SP campaigns on the horizon after Wolfenstein.

Totally agree. Looks like I'll never finish my current Last Light playthrough and jump into this instead.

I've never seen that company before, does anyone have any experience of them?

I believe it's the same company that used to be dvd.co.uk from back in the day if you remember them.

I preordered Sniper Elite for the PS4 from base and got it a day early with no problems.

I'm looking forward to playing this but with Destiny just around the corner and then a whole glut of titles coming out in the next few months I will probably hold off until the next quiet period (probably never on that basis).