Battlefield Hardline

Nespresso

This game is not for me unfortunately. Prefer the pace of Battlefield proper, so have (finally) bought Battlefield 4 and the season pass and I'm addicted!

If anyone is still looking to pick up Hardline, I am selling my PS4 copy for £32 delivered in the Trading folder here.

I think that this may be the first BF game I have played where I do not buy the season pass. The game is good and all, but feels a bit too restricted compared with the more sandbox nature of other games in the series. I can see what Dice have done with the game. And it is certainly a welcomed alternative to the military-themed Battlefield games, but it is unlikely to have the sustainability of BF4.

It's taken me a while but I'm enjoying Hardline now. Like others have said I'm not enjoying the fast paced nature of things, but on some of the more open maps it is a fun game.

I must say though I think Hotwire & Heist are not for me, the former is a sub standard attempt to rejink Conquest (CQ is still the most fun you can have in a decent squad on BF for me) and worse is pretty dammed boring when you're driving around in a marked car. Heist always seems to inevitably turn into a "massive shootout in a small house".

I keep meaning to try Blood Money with a squad but haven't yet.

It does get some things right though, eg the sniper rifles are genuinely useful now thanks to more user friendly reduction to bullet drop, and I actually like the way you can't unlock any sights for guns until you've persevered by getting a number of kills with that weapon (BF4 didn't do this right? Or at least if it did it wasn't as high a number).

I think if I still owned BF4 I'd probably be playing that instead but there you go. I'll keep playing this until it starts getting old.

Are there any estimates for BF5 release? I'm guessing it'll be 2+ years away...

It's taken me a while but I'm enjoying Hardline now. Like others have said I'm not enjoying the fast paced nature of things, but on some of the more open maps it is a fun game.

I must say though I think Hotwire & Heist are not for me, the former is a sub standard attempt to rejink Conquest (CQ is still the most fun you can have in a decent squad on BF for me) and worse is pretty dammed boring when you're driving around in a marked car. Heist always seems to inevitably turn into a "massive shootout in a small house".

I keep meaning to try Blood Money with a squad but haven't yet.

It does get some things right though, eg the sniper rifles are genuinely useful now thanks to more user friendly reduction to bullet drop, and I actually like the way you can't unlock any sights for guns until you've persevered by getting a number of kills with that weapon (BF4 didn't do this right? Or at least if it did it wasn't as high a number).

I think if I still owned BF4 I'd probably be playing that instead but there you go. I'll keep playing this until it starts getting old.

Conquest is by far and away the worst gametype in BF. It pains me that people like it so much. It's so repetitive and unfocussed

I'm going with the EA FPS release schedule being this: Star Wars Battlefront released this Christmas, Titanfall 2 this time next year, then BF5 around the normal pre-Christmas release time.

What I'm finding a bit sad is all these people saying they prefer BF4, yet I've only ever see Kerraig or Fishy playing it online these past few months (Oh, and Dave White sometimes).

Who still plays Battlefield 4 then?

I've only put in around 10 hours so far since I got it last week, but can see myself putting in a hell of a lot more time over the year.

Would be good to play in a squad where everyone is communicating.

Edit: just noticed this is the Hardline thread, so don't want to take it off topic - if you do play Battlefield 4 still on PS4 add me: jimmmUK

I've only put in around 10 hours so far since I got it last week, but can see myself putting in a hell of a lot more time over the year.

Edit: just noticed this is the Hardline thread, so don't want to take it off topic - if you do play Battlefield 4 still on PS4 add me: jimmmUK

Add me: kerrraig

I'll play whenever I see you on, as long as you're up for rush. It's the pinnacle of online shooty

I'm up for some BF4. After a week of Hardline I think I have had my fill of it, going to offload it whilst the trade-in values are still high. There is plenty of fun to start with, and there are some decent game modes. But the maps feel too restrictive and there seems to be less reward for trying to take objectives in original ways. The lack of demolition, for example. When you know that a building can be brought down it forces you to be mobile and flexble when defending. In Hardline's Heist mode there is rarely any penalty for staying in the objective's building which is only accessible via a small door. BF:BC2 was getting the demolition right years ago; this game feels a bit of a step back from that. And the more confined maps can turn into massive clusterfucks; too often you end up with a choice of spawning at your base and having to trek back to the objectives, or spawning on a team member and dying instantly.

On the plus side it is always excellent to play "Terminator" in Hotwire mode (throwing breaching charges from your vehicle and detonating it as the pursuing car goes over it), and the single player is enjoyable if you play it as a Hitman game for arrests over kills. But neither of these makes me feel like holding on to the game any longer. I reckon I have seen everything the game has to offer after a week; with BF4 I was still learning new things a year after release. Although admittedly that may be because it took that long for the servers to actually work properly.

I've not been on BF4 since Hardline came out, but I will be. I love the game and there's still new content to come too.

I think you're in my friends list already.

Pfffff, conquest is battlefield - rush is a nice distraction ;)

TDM is the worst game type

Has anyone placed TDM in Hardline? The spawn system is mental - it seemingly drops players in at random, irrespective of whether there are enemies around. In BF4 it spawns you where the bulk of your team are, meaning there's a rough front line between opposing forces.

In Hardline it will happily spawn you amongst enemies, or sometimes, once you've moved forward 30 feet, spawn an enemy player behind you so they get a free kill. It can work to your advantage, but basically it's fucked. 64 players is way too many for some of the maps too.

Has anyone placed TDM in Hardline? The spawn system is mental - it seemingly drops players in at random, irrespective of whether there are enemies around. In BF4 it spawns you where the bulk of your team are, meaning there's a rough front line between opposing forces.

In Hardline it will happily spawn you amongst enemies, or sometimes, once you've moved forward 30 feet, spawn an enemy player behind you so they get a free kill. It can work to your advantage, but basically it's fucked. 64 players is way too many for some of the maps too.

I only play TDM, and yes the spawn system is seriously broken. And yes, half the amount of players would make the gameplay much much better.

On some maps you can get some really good matches going, if you are a bit lucky with your spawns. But some, like Everglads is just one big clusterfuck,

I think I'm getting old. I quite like parts of the Hardline multiplayer but I am terrible at it and finding some of the game types very confusing. Heist has the potential to be good fun but of my there are so many icons everywhere that I've no idea what I should be doing.

Also the loadouts options are another degree of bewildering with items either currently unavailable or available for cash I don't have. I'm not quite sure of the merits of a system which gives the players with the most experience the best equipment and new players limited equipment and perks.

Bear in mind, the last online multiplayer I really played was probably COD 4 so I am sure things have moved on in this time!

I think I'm getting old. I quite like parts of the Hardline multiplayer but I am terrible at it and finding some of the game types very confusing. Heist has the potential to be good fun but of my there are so many icons everywhere that I've no idea what I should be doing.

Also the loadouts options are another degree of bewildering with items either currently unavailable or available for cash I don't have. I'm not quite sure of the merits of a system which gives the players with the most experience the best equipment and new players limited equipment and perks.

Bear in mind, the last online multiplayer I really played was probably COD 4 so I am sure things have moved on in this time!

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare perhaps?

I've got it as part of EA Access but not given it a try yet, is it a bit more straightforward?

It is excellent and really accessible for new players. There is a horde mode for co-operative play against AI opponents, and there are "Welcome Mat" modes of the two main multiplayer modes (which are PvZ-themed versions of Team Deathmatch and Rush) in players can only use the basic abilities, levelling the playing field a lot and preventing experienced players from dominating.

I bought it as a curiosity in a sale last year, and have put a lot more time into it than I expected to, it was certainly my unexpected surprise of 2014. It is essentially a team-based shooter with loads of content and nicely designed maps. It is much better than it has any right to be. It also has quite a large player base on the PS4, no doubt thanks to it being given away as a freebie towards the end of last year.

I'm still loving Hardline, but I think I preferred 4.

However, I don't struggle with strategy, and my mid range game is shit hot.

I'm going to look at Hardline as a much needed close quarters combat lesson, and go into 5 much stronger.

I'm finding it's starting to broaden out and become more tactical. The defence net in heist is spreading wider, instead of everyone sat in one room, and vehicles often now have weapons in the boot, making them more strategically useful. BF4 destroys it of course, but it's a fine game