Battlefield Hardline

Nespresso

No, it's not that at all (I've already put 60 hours into the multiplayer and haven't played BF4 once since it came out :) ), it's primarily around the pacing, and the sense that you have to be on the move most of the time. I'd prefer the pace to be slowed slightly to allow a more strategic game to come to the fore without you constantly being flanked and blindsided from one of the multiple entrances that all the areas, both big and small, seem to have. I do prefer BF4, but I'm not dissing Hardline for that reason - I just think it could be so much better if it didn't have everyone running around like nutters (and most of them playing as Operator but without ever bothering to revive anyone!).

It still sounds to me like you want it to be something it wasn't aiming to be. It's obviously designed to be quicker, to be closer to the COD pace to attract that crowd.

The .300 sniper rifle needs a bit of a nerf. One-shotted in the arm, not really balanced.

It's very difficult to unlock though. You need to complete the Professional Syndicate assignment to get it which takes a lot of effort:

You have to first complete Professional Assignment 1 (10 sniper rifle kills and 5 laser tripmine kills) which is fairly easy.

This then opens up Professional Assignment 2 (25 sniper rifle kills and 5 camera coins). The rifle kills are easy, the camera coins are pretty difficult - you have to get 10 camera spot assists in a round. It sounds simple, but the camera is pretty underpowered and only spots one person at a time. This unlocks the Mac-10 machine pistol. The syndicate assignment is still locked however until you get a gold service star with the Professional class (275k points) and buy at least 10 weapons or gadgets for the class.

Now, with the Professional Syndicate assignment finally unlocked you have to do the following to unlock the .300 Knockout:

- 200 Sniper rifle kills (not too hard - the DMRs are classed as sniper rifles too)

- Unlock the Professional's tier 4 Reputation track in different matches - This is extremely hard to do. I've done it once (as Enforcer) by playing in an almost empty Hotwire server, putting on a boost, and driving a capture car around for 15 minutes straight. You can get them easily if you have a Hacker helping you and giving you the boosts when they can, but you still have to make sure you don't die or they reset.

- 15 Camera Coins (as above, these are not easy to get)

- 15 Marksman Coins (A headshot from 250m or greater gets you one coin)

The other classes have similarly difficult sets of objectives to unlock their syndicate weapons. The only exeption is the Hacker, where you can get some of the Melee weapons just by playing for long enough (although some are still difficult).

The only one I have so far is a gold golf-club melee weapon, which I got from the Hacker Black Hat syndicate. It's pretty bling though. ;)

It's very difficult to unlock though. You need to complete the Professional Syndicate assignment to get it which takes a lot of effort:

You have to first complete Professional Assignment 1 (10 sniper rifle kills and 5 laser tripmine kills) which is fairly easy.

This then opens up Professional Assignment 2 (25 sniper rifle kills and 5 camera coins). The rifle kills are easy, the camera coins are pretty difficult - you have to get 10 camera spot assists in a round. It sounds simple, but the camera is pretty underpowered and only spots one person at a time. This unlocks the Mac-10 machine pistol. The syndicate assignment is still locked however until you get a gold service star with the Professional class (275k points) and buy at least 10 weapons or gadgets for the class.

Now, with the Professional Syndicate assignment finally unlocked you have to do the following to unlock the .300 Knockout:

- 200 Sniper rifle kills (not too hard - the DMRs are classed as sniper rifles too)

- Unlock the Professional's tier 4 Reputation track in different matches - This is extremely hard to do. I've done it once (as Enforcer) by playing in an almost empty Hotwire server, putting on a boost, and driving a capture car around for 15 minutes straight. You can get them easily if you have a Hacker helping you and giving you the boosts when they can, but you still have to make sure you don't die or they reset.

- 15 Camera Coins (as above, these are not easy to get)

- 15 Marksman Coins (A headshot from 250m or greater gets you one coin)

1287945120_rainman.jpg

Another highlight/lowlight video from my time with the game so far. I didn't realised until I watched it afterwards that it was a grenades-blowing-up-cars montage:

Really liking the game so far after about 30 hours. Hotwire and Blood Money are absolutely superb modes that put a great twist on the Battlefield formula and alone are enough to make the game worthwhile. Heist is a great idea that only seems to produce fun games on a couple of the maps. Conquest is Conquest, I've barely touched it yet. TDM is the only place I feel let down because I enjoyed it a lot in BF3 and BC2, and in Hardline it's killed partly by the maps and partly by the spawns but mostly by the idiotic 64 player cap when the tiny maps could still be overcrowded with 32.

Definitely like the change in pace, for me it fits nicely between full Battlefield and Call of Duty. There's enough action and enough non-OP vehicle spawns that you rarely end up yomping for minutes to a contested point, but not so much that it feels like a relentless meat grinder. A side effect of this is that you find yourself relying on the minimap more than you usually would in Battlefield, my experience so far is that you can use that to your advantage by staying off it with silencers and keeping out of sight.

1287945120_rainman.jpg

:)

I had to check Battlelog for the specifics. I have the memory of a fish(yfish)...

Some patch notes for upcoming bugfixes and balance changes:

BUG FIXES:

- Fixed a server crash in Rescue

- Increased the character limit in the MapList to support up to 150 maps in a rotation

- You can now set the time limit to 0 and it disables the time limit instead of instantly ending the round in Blood Money

- Various fixes for server crashes with rental servers (multiple issues addressed)

- Fix for the timer in Conquest freezing when the user set the time limit higher than 800

- Fix for MP squad join issue where after the squad leader gets disconnected, a new leader cannot kick members or disband

- Fix for the patch awarded in released game for reaching Rank 10 in the Beta

- Fix for Derailed Levolution where players were teleported to origin of Point B and killed in some circumstances

- Fix for crash if the UI is disabled in the .cfg file

- Fix for Bloodmoney exploit in HH where players could access the money pile through the floor/roof

- Fix on XB1 for players using invite/join on friend after Quickmatching

- Fix for the Uzi's weapon license cost, setting it to the correct value of $50,000

- Fix for X360 players being unable to invite friends while playing Rescue

- Fix for a rare crash in the Customize screen

- All platforms, miscellaneous low frequency crash fixes

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:

- Conquest tickets increased (CQL 999, CQS 600)

- Greatly decreased nearby bullet impact flinch; your aimpoint will not shift from rounds striking the environment near you

- Fixed some issues with FLIR/IRNV

- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively

- TDM friendzones have been adjusted for better spawning

- Rescue / Crosshair exploit where players could skip the round start time by hitting START or ESC has been fixed

- Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended

- Player should no longer Quickmatch into servers with unsupported numbers of players

- K10: Reduce max damage to 33 and min damage to 8

- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs

- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58

- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective

- FMG-9: increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective

- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board

- AKM min damage reduced to 24

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064791152946448/1/

Sounds more like it is a matter of time rather than being difficult. Anyway I see a lot of people running around with it, and being able to one-shot bodyshot someone in Hardline makes it quite overpowered. The problem is that with a 6X scope there is no need to hold your breath to steady the scope and the absence of suppression also means that even if you fire back at them there is a big chance that they will be able to kill you before you have landed your four bullets for a kill.

I'm not a big fan of the suppressions effect in BF4, but being actually hit by someone should make it more or less impossible to fire back with a zoomed in sniper. Snipers should be snipers, not one-shot shotguns with unlimited range.

- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively

Not sure what effect the smaller explosion is going to have when you already need a direct hit to blow something up with the RPG. Only having one in the trunk is a total "No Fun Allowed" type change unfortunately.

When the hell is this patch even coming? I've been waiting for fixed BRs for ages already!

Sounds more like it is a matter of time rather than being difficult. Anyway I see a lot of people running around with it, and being able to one-shot bodyshot someone in Hardline makes it quite overpowered. The problem is that with a 6X scope there is no need to hold your breath to steady the scope and the absence of suppression also means that even if you fire back at them there is a big chance that they will be able to kill you before you have landed your four bullets for a kill.

I'm not a big fan of the suppressions effect in BF4, but being actually hit by someone should make it more or less impossible to fire back with a zoomed in sniper. Snipers should be snipers, not one-shot shotguns with unlimited range.

Fair comment, and I suspect it will suffer a nerf at some point, even if just to reduce the damage slightly on anything other that an upper body or headshot. Having said that, the Scout Elite is pretty powerful for a starting weapon given that it's a max of a 2-shot kill and it fires at a rate of around 2 shots per second with the straight-pull fitted.

I've only been killed by the .300 a couple of times though. For me the all powerful assault rifles are a much greater bugbear, with the vast majority of my deaths being down to M16A3 or M416 users (with a good side helping of carbine users).

Well, I'm really enjoying this :) I've not played a Battlefield game for about ten years (WW2 set PC game IIRC), and over that time I've slowly lost interest in FPS games altogether. It was only because I got this with my PS4 that I even own it, and I wasn't expecting to play it much, or possibly not at all. The first mission of the campaign was cool but stupid and then it stopped me playing any more until it had installed, with multiplayer being locked out until it had installed.

After two weeks of Bloodborne I was getting a bit worn out with being constantly and brutally punished for failure and fancied a bit of a change of pace. My friend suggested trying a few rounds of Hardline, so in I went. It seems excellent to me, not as frantic and incomprehensible as COD, not as sparse as I remember battlefield being. Im just playing Blood Money at the moment, which is creating constant exciting situations and fantastic moment to moment action. I'm trying out all the classes though I'm struggling with sniper because I'm not a TOTAL BASTARD.

Nerfing the RPG already, I have never understood why they deal the need to nerf something that is meant to go "BOOM!!!"

ITs a shooty shooty bang game, leave the explosives alone Dice. (I haven't fired one in this game byraway, so I haven't exploited it, was checking out the patch notes).

For me the all powerful assualt rifles are a much greater bugbear, with the vast majority of my deaths being down to M16A3 or M416 users (with a good side helping of carbine users).

Agree, but I run the CAR-556. Don't know why people use the M16 or M416 over this.

More ammo in each magazine, way less recoil and accuracy and range like a sniper rifle. Insanely good, which is a problem as it makes any other weapon / class redundant.

Isn't the CAR one of the fancy ones locked behind crazy requirements?

Nope, but I think it was unlocked due to me buying some sort of "special" edition, didn't pre-order or pay anything other than standard price though, it just included this code on the front cover which I redeemed. It might be included in all copies for all I know ^_^

Yeah, the CAR-556 is one of the pre-order / deluxe edition exclusive guns. The other two are the ACW-R and the L85A2. They're all Operator class weapons.

At present there's no other way to get them other than having received the code with your copy of the game.

Agree, but I run the CAR-556. Don't know why people use the M16 or M416 over this.

More ammo in each magazine, way less recoil and accuracy and range like a sniper rifle. Insanely good, which is a problem as it makes any other weapon / class redundant.

Becuase the CAR-556 does less damage at all ranges, has a lower rate of fire to get those less damaging bullets onto your target, and that damage drops off into pea shooting territory far quicker than the M16 and M416. It's not like the gun is complete shit or anything, but it's distinctly sub-optimal unless you're getting a lot of value out of the large mag and you like the recoil behaviour.

Oh shit, negged Broker by mistake. Sorry!

With one of the Dragon Ages EA actually locked off party members unless you had preordered. Apparently paying full price for a game isn't enough, no you have to give them money in advance for a product with no scarcity.

2 minutes. 9 kills.

I do really like this game, I just need to take myself out of the BF4 mindset and stay the hell away from deathmatch.