Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

Homefront: The Revolution

iB17yz68DEA5n.jpg

By Crytek Volition

Official Site

Release Date: 2015

ABOUT

Years after the Greater Korean Republic's invasion, the United States is occupied, but not defeated. Ignite the second American Revolution from the birthplace of American Liberty itself: Philadelphia. Homefront: The Revolution will be available in 2015 on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac and Linux.

• Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
  • Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
  • Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
  • Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
  • Online Co-OP – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution

IMAGES

homefront_the_revolution_4.jpg

homefront_the_revolution_3.jpg

homefront_the_revolution_2.jpg

homefront_the_revolution_7.jpg

homefront_the_revolution_6.jpg

homefront_the_revolution_5.jpg

homefront_the_revolution_1.jpg

VIDEOS

homefront_the_revolution_ps4.jpghomefront_the_revolution_ps4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS7imd2ExjU

Lots of oppressive regimes and futuristic barricades this gen it seems.

• Upvote 1

That looks so incredibly dumb.

The only thing dumber is the youtube comments below it.

Vitliy17 minutes ago
Its the future you chose by obeying your jewish overlords.
Reply · 5

Doongie4ever14 minutes ago
FIGHT THE JEWS!!!
Reply · 7

• Upvote 2

That looks so incredibly dumb.

The only thing dumber is the youtube comments below it.

Yeah how are the Jews involved again? I never played the first game.

Tremble before the power of steampunk North Korea!

Also, why are Crytek doing this? Don't they have their own mediocre FPS franchises?

• Upvote 1

I also expect Linkin Park to be wanting to jump on board as soon as possible to write the theme song.

EDIT: Oh they already have apparently. They just have to rename the title.

Also, why are Crytek doing this? Don't they have their own mediocre FPS franchises?

It's Free Radical, really. Or Crytek UK as they are now.

They own the Homefront IP now. They were making a sequel for THQ initially but then bought the IP later when THQ went bust.

I'm very interested to see what Crytek do with an open world game which isn't held back by the 360/PS3. May turn out naff but certainly interested to see how it turns out.

Well I just can't help myself. If its got decent gunplay and fun arenas (as seen in Crysis 2) to shoot baddies in then I'm in. Love me some first person shooting.

Knowing Crytek the writing will probably be piss poor though...

It's Free Radical, really. Or Crytek UK as they are now.

Interest levels rising!

Actually I rather enjoyed the first Homefront for what it was. The hype was against it, and I'd struggle to say there was anything memorable about it, but I do recall finishing it thinking I'd had a good time with it... then traded it the next day.

You probably finished it because it was about four and a half hours long. It had one good level - the last one on the bridge...and then it ended just as started to get going.

The sequel nobody asked for!

Of all of THQs defunct IPs why bother bringing this one back? Red Dawn, except with North Koreans, and then they went and made a Red Dawn with North Koreans film so it didn't even have that going for it anymore.

The first one was ok in multiplayer I recall - it had a huge playercount did it not? Like 64 player on console years ago? I'm sure it launched around the time of something else major though so got played for a week then onto the next thing. Something tells me this could end up the same.

The reports are saying that this game has basically nothing in common with the rubbish original beyond he name and the basic concept of North Koreans taking over America. So it's not really fair to judge it based on the first game.

The reports are saying that this game has basically nothing in common with the rubbish original beyond he name and the basic concept of North Koreans taking over America. So it's not really fair to judge it based on the first game.

Which begs the question, why associate this new game with it? It's not hard to come up with a new name for this sort of thing.

The sequel nobody asked for!

Of all of THQs defunct IPs why bother bringing this one back?

Crytek UK already sunk a tonne of resources into it when they were being paid to do so by THQ, they bought the rights on the cheap, finish it, profit, Simple as, people love to shoot virtual people in the face forever and ever, they haven't got bored of doing so on the PC since practically the invention of the dedicated 3D chip, why would console owners be any different?

It's like making a sequel to Red Dead Revolver, a blah, whatever forgotten original potentially leading to something good, or doing a sequel to the original Street Fighter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Which begs the question, why associate this new game with it? It's not hard to come up with a new name for this sort of thing.

Well, as Mushashi said they were already working on it for THQ before they folded, so they already have a bunch of assets for it. And Homefront is an IP that they already own all the legal rights and trademarks on (coming up with a name that hasn't got some kind of claim on it by some cunt is harder than you'd think), and even the little bit of brand penetration from the first game means they aren't starting from scratch.

As already mentioned the MP was actually quite accomplished. I think the poor single player generated a lot of hate due to the immense hype leading up to release.

Also, the first one didn't sell too shabby for a new IP. About 2 million copies sold I believe?

They shipped way over that, which is why they decided to punt for a sequel, they closed down the original internal dev responsible because they were based in NY, one of the most stupidly expensive places to base a game dev, they supposedly wanted to move them to Canada but that didn't work out.

Here was what THQ estimated they could sell and make from doing the sequel:

ToucElL.jpg

Crytek picked up the rights at auction uncontested, now Deep Silver are shouldering some of the risk, should get their money back:

Homefront

Released 2011; due for a sequel.

Winning bidder: Crytek. $544,218.

No runner-up.

Me and funtime dave spent more time trying to get into an mp game than actually playing in the last one.

It had some good ideas but ultimately fell over due to terribly poor netcode.