IGNORED

FIFA 15

smithstock

Are they still going to continue shitting on Clubs from a great height and always reward the griefers?

<_<

Probably. They have admitted that Clubs take a back seat because it is one of their least popular modes. Instead of improving Clubs, they just take features out which they think helps everyone but it really doesn't.

Probably. They have admitted that Clubs take a back seat because it is one of their least popular modes. Instead of improving Clubs, they just take features out which they think helps everyone but it really doesn't.

All they have to do is get rid of the boosts, and it'll already make it a whole lot better. No more pros with stupid amounts of pace and strength, and the ability to ping it in almost at will from 40 yards out.

So they'll no doubt hide all the best perks behind the EAFC wall at 90+ <_<

Is Clubs really one of the least popular modes, i play every Friday night through late into Saturday morning, and it pretty much always finds a game very quickly. I agree about the boosting, it would be nice to have everyone on a level playing field. After about 200 club games we have got as high as the fourth division, then yoyo'd between it and the 8th.

Its the only mode that i play on the game, not really interested in the single player. At least this year you can combat the speed merchants a bit by playing your defence deep and offside trap. I suspect this tactic may not work as well in the higher leagues? We all play our own pros, only 4 of us, it would be nice if they could improve the AI a bit more. Still really like it tho.

Aye I would've thought that Clubs is the most used mode after UT.

Us rllmuk folks in the Football League folder play Clubs (at rllmuk FC, no less :hat:) an awful lot and whilst it is really fun it definitely needs improvement it's still pretty fun in it's own right. The over-reliance on lobbed through balls and the fact your AI defenders so so stupidly slow and my main too gripes.

One idea I had for Clubs that I'd love them to implement, is that when you start up the Club, you're automatically given a squad of 15-20 AI randomers, and as club manager it's your job to manage them and you can level up their abilities using coins that you get by winning games, etc. So then when you're playing with 4 humans, you select the 7 other randomers from your squad - and this way your whole team knows, and each have different traits, etc.

More than anything though us Football League folk are hoping for a return of the 10v10 online team play option that was criminally removed in FIFA 14.

Is Clubs really one of the least popular modes, i play every Friday night through late into Saturday morning, and it pretty much always finds a game very quickly. I agree about the boosting, it would be nice to have everyone on a level playing field. After about 200 club games we have got as high as the fourth division, then yoyo'd between it and the 8th.

Its the only mode that i play on the game, not really interested in the single player. At least this year you can combat the speed merchants a bit by playing your defence deep and offside trap. I suspect this tactic may not work as well in the higher leagues? We all play our own pros, only 4 of us, it would be nice if they could improve the AI a bit more. Still really like it tho.

I don't know about your Club, but our Club is constantly shafted. Set it to defensive, "nah, we're going to chill by the halfway line", set it to ultra defensive, "nah, we're good, we're happy standing around by the halfway line holding our dicks." Set it to attacking and the midfield is all like, "hey, the defence are having a party at the halfway line, let's go and join in. Running forwards is too tiring."

Our Pros are constantly muscled off the ball by the other times AI pros, our AI pros are constantly pushed aside by speedy midgets. It's so goddamn frustrating.

But we just can't stop playing.

What they need to do is just take it back to how it was a few years back. Every player is rated in the mid 80s. No boosts, no unrealistic stats, no upgrades. The only way your Pro's attributes will change were if you changed what position they played, and their height/weight. Make it about your Club and your Club's ability to play sexy football. But they won't do that, because then the griefers will piss and moan, and EA only listen to the griefers.

I don't know about your Club, but our Club is constantly shafted. Set it to defensive, "nah, we're going to chill by the halfway line", set it to ultra defensive, "nah, we're good, we're happy standing around by the halfway line holding our dicks." Set it to attacking and the midfield is all like, "hey, the defence are having a party at the halfway line, let's go and join in. Running forwards is too tiring."

Our Pros are constantly muscled off the ball by the other times AI pros, our AI pros are constantly pushed aside by speedy midgets. It's so goddamn frustrating.

But we just can't stop playing.

What they need to do is just take it back to how it was a few years back. Every player is rated in the mid 80s. No boosts, no unrealistic stats, no upgrades. The only way your Pro's attributes will change were if you changed what position they played, and their height/weight. Make it about your Club and your Club's ability to play sexy football. But they won't do that, because then the griefers will piss and moan, and EA only listen to the griefers.

Have you tried playing a 5-4-1 formation? we play that with 1 up top and 3 in the midfield to help the AI defenders, at the first sniff of over the top through ball, i stick the defence back 1 notch and push up on the dpad for offside. It certainly is not foolproof, also you need to be on your toes bringing the keeper out, that often discourages them. This is my 5th year (version) and my pro has naturally upgraded to level 80 something, never done any boosting. The game has its faults, no doubt, many of which have been highlighted but it also plays a cracking game much of the time.

The FIFA threads have been insane for a while. People getting furious with the smallest of things.

yeah, this thread will be pretty much useless for finding out any useful info about the new FIFA, it will just descend inevitably into a PES05 v FIFA09 debate and lament tiny features that got removed very few care about - and then you can add some moaning about FUT and EA money grabbing, it should just be a dlc update to the last version, sensible soccer is the only true passing game etc etc etc

we should have 2 threads like Game of Thrones, one for people who hate FIFA , and one for people who actually quite enjoy the game, get a year out of it, and always buy it on release every year

we should have 2 threads like Game of Thrones, one for people who hate FIFA , and one for people who actually quite enjoy the game, get a year out of it, and always buy it on release every year

We already have one (for those that enjoy the game), it's called the Football League sub-forum.

The FIFA threads have been insane for a while. People getting furious with the smallest of things.

All these small things add up, especially when they take almost a year to fix them - if at all. And there method of fixing clubs seems to be taking stuff out, rather than building on them.

I play a lot of Clubs mode with the odd Seasons and Career games but the games are far from perfect.

I think it was Garreth Reeder who works on FIFA said on Twitter that there was less focus on Clubs because it isn't as popular as other modes. This was a few years ago when there was nothing new added/improved in Clubs when moving onto the next FIFA (FIFA 11 to 12 I think) so whether that has changed I'm not so sure.

• 2 months later...

I've not played FIFA in around 3/4 years, but as a mainly offline player is the title still a complete waste of time or have they fixed single player aspect of the game.

The last version I played (FIFA 12 I think) it was almost impossible for AI to score, even if they had a one on one with the keeper.