IGNORED

Ori and the Blind Forest

Revival

Wow, the intro to this is one of the most beautiful, touching moments I've experienced in gaming. This is going to be a total delight.

I am glad I am not the only one, I for sure had a little something in my eye at the end of the opening.

Purchased.

Please run well at at least 720p!! Please!

Well, what can I say? This is wonderfully optimised. 1080/60 and my GPU isn't even blinking an eye-lid. My monitor is sick, but I can't wait to get it on the TV.

I hope your monitor gets better soon.

It's feeling much better now after having this phased through it for a couple of hours.

It's a bit on the easy side, and feels more like a platformer despite actually being a Castlevaniatoid. I'm afraid I'll be done with it and then left wanting more.

The use of the same resource for saving, doors, and other things, is a great touch. Do I place a save point here, or will that mean I can't get through the next door, past the next annoying monster etc. and I'll have to come back?

Just keep playing ;)

Had to play the prologue twice, it's just so beautiful.

So relieved to see that the gameplay hasn't been neglected as a result of the focus on the sublime visuals. Controls are nice and tight and the progression/learning curve seems perfectly balanced so far.

You're all women! I couldn't wait to take proper control so I could start growing super-powers in an effort to twist the head off of the one responsible for my big cuddly friend dying.

Son-of-a-bitch must pay.

Leaderboards! Who's up for a no-deaths speed-run at some point?

Just completed the Ginso tree section. Bloody hell - that was a bit hard!!!! Not sworn that frequently for a long time....

I loved that part. Didn't get mad and felt a real sense of accomplishment when I did it.

Bit good this, isn't it?

The animation and art direction is lovely. The beginning with Naru is really nicely done and then when you get going the fluidity and speed of Ori feels great. You can tell a lot of love went into getting it just right.

Does Sein remind anyone else of Midna?

Hmm. Can't say I've has any issues with seeing enemy projectiles. Their usually reddish/purple hue tends to stand out to my eyes at least and I've found there's a certain rhythm to the enemy attacks that makes them pretty easy to avoid. In fact I love the feel of the combat, it blends so well with the platforming aspects and feels great when the game demands you do both at the same time.