Jump to content

Let It Die - Deathverse


Keyboard Koala
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, JohnnyRyall said:

IBTW, and others are probably already aware, but I just last night realised that there's a starter pack of items and 5 death metals available free for PS+ users in the store. Came in handy for me as I needed to upgrade my chest (currently 180 capacity and still constantly full along with my rewards box due to my tendency to hoard shrooms and resources).

 

This was useful for me, thanks!

 

I've only just got arounf to trying this in the last couple of days having downloaded it at launch and I'm greatly enjoying it. A lot of stuff is a little baffling at the moment but I suppose I can't be doing too badly as I've been playing for a fair few hours and haven't permanently lost anyone yet. It miight be that the tendency to be overcautious, drilled into me by the Souls games, is serving me well?

 

I've killed a few haters from Scissorkicks but I don't think I've seen anyone else from on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rsdio said:

 

This was useful for me, thanks!

 

I've only just got arounf to trying this in the last couple of days having downloaded it at launch and I'm greatly enjoying it. A lot of stuff is a little baffling at the moment but I suppose I can't be doing too badly as I've been playing for a fair few hours and haven't permanently lost anyone yet. It miight be that the tendency to be overcautious, drilled into me by the Souls games, is serving me well?

 

I've killed a few haters from Scissorkicks but I don't think I've seen anyone else from on here.

 

You might start seeing some of us as you go - it won't put you against higher tiered haters unless someone specifically puts them into your game during an expedition in a 'clan fight' cycle.

 

And yeah. Overcautious is definitely the best approach. Taking on five guys at once, less so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been thinking of the financial outlook for the game and I suspect it's probably doing okay. There always seems to me that there are more people out there than I expect willing to spend a little to gain a bit more enjoyment.

 

Also Im not sure this game would work with any of model. It was imperative that lots of people gave it a try, and given the sales numbers of Grasshopper titles, releasing at £20 would have never seen the player numbers needed.

 

Releasing during PSX was also a great choice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2017 at 18:22, JohnnyRyall said:

I'd be interested to hear what they come back with on twitter, but I think I've missed it.

 

Got the reply about 30 mins ago:

 

'Some bundles were limited, and we plan to have rotating content available. These may return since they arrived late - stay tuned!'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just about to post that I'd logged on this evening and the 30 death metals for £5 offer was there. Perhaps they added it again, or, probably more likely, I missed it last time, though I was looking for it specifically so I don't know how I managed to.

 

Thanks for checking with them on twitter.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Recent tips here on using Expeditions, Lifeschrooms and Transparungus have transformed my runs. My current thinking is to really pack out a collector with them, and see how many new floors he will clear.

 

Likewise. Biggest revelation for me was learning that you could roast stuff at the mushroom lady's place. Alongside the usual pre-run chores (sending fighters on expeditions, clearing my rewards box, upgrading equipment), I now spend a couple of minutes cooking a load of mushrooms and critters. I used to do this during runs, but I found cooking the creatures especially to be a constant nightmare - much time was wasted chasing after frogs and crabs that I'd tried to chuck in a fire and somehow missed.

 

Also discovered this evening that the pickaxe is a great way to kill the pilbugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The climb from floor 21 to 25 ranks pretty high on my all-time list of most intense gaming moments. My trusty machete(s) breaking after 4/5 screamers who have massively increased HP and defense. The haunting music, new, larger, more labyrinthian lay outs and having to scout for (new) enemy weapons combined for some incredibly tense and  rewarding moments.  

 

Grade 4 guys and gals unlocked, feeling pretty OP right now. Okusa is in the rotation at just the right time. Probably going to take another week trying to get to all the floors i skipped on route but i don't mind, still loving the grind. Hopefully they'll add more content later this year (soon).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sun Tze said:

The climb from floor 21 to 25 ranks pretty high on my all-time list of most intense gaming moments. My trusty machete(s) breaking after 4/5 screamers who have massively increased HP and defense. The haunting music, new, larger, more labyrinthian lay outs and having to scout for (new) enemy weapons combined for some incredibly tense and  rewarding moments.  

 

Grade 4 guys and gals unlocked, feeling pretty OP right now. Okusa is in the rotation at just the right time. Probably going to take another week trying to get to all the floors i skipped on route but i don't mind, still loving the grind. Hopefully they'll add more content later this year (soon).  

 

There's a gold chest in a trap room on 22 Kawabe you might need for upgrades. Black Candle wolf can be farmed by heading left from the elevator on 23, and is a good choice for upgrading 'fantasy' items like the swords, katanas etc. (Coen and Jin Die also do black DOD and War Ensemble respectively, floors 26 - but be prepared, they no longer screw around and can do serious, serious damage and take a ton from weapons that aren't up to snuff)

 

If you need temporary boss killers because your own gear's too weak, get spear mastery up to the point where you can R1 jumping stab, pop a sting and tranpar-shroom and go to town with a stockpile of spears.

 

Also, you're getting some sweet new weapons on those floors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Also, you're getting some sweet new weapons on those floors. 

You mean the near mint Pork Chopper one of my girls brought back from an expedition? Or the Masamune i just nabbed from a Hater who initially seemed unwilling to part with it..  :D Need the blueprints though as everything is extremely brittle. 

 

Cheers for the materials info, saving me a lot of time (again)! Also, is it me or is M.I.L.K. stuff the hardest to upgrade in the beginning? Even the low tier sets need M.I.L.K. green and i haven't seen it drop anywhere yet. Need to get in on the MLB cosplay party. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sun Tze said:

You mean the near mint Pork Chopper one of my girls brought back from an expedition? Or the Masamune i just nabbed from a Hater who initially seemed unwilling to part with it..  :D Need the blueprints though as everything is extremely brittle. 

 

Cheers for the materials info, saving me a lot of time (again)! Also, is it me or is M.I.L.K. stuff the hardest to upgrade in the beginning? Even the low tier sets need M.I.L.K. green and i haven't seen it drop anywhere yet. Need to get in on the MLB cosplay party. 

 

Lucky on the pork chopper retrieval, that became my go-to weapon in the latter stages of the game. Poison hater (not screamers) > hater spews when not close to you > defenceless target. Only exception is if a sent hater's wearing the poison eater decal.

 

And yeah. Milk is insanely tough to obtain, especially the black ones which only really come from that chest I mentioned above. Conversely, Red Milk are relatively easy to obtain on the final tier of floors since the first boss you run into drops them off. It's why Pork Chopper and Masamunes are so good, Black DOD and Candle Wolf are pretty easy to find and keep hold of, at least by comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since my expeditions keep bringing in bronze skill shrooms all my tier 4's (3) are now equipped with the poison eater decal. Already saved my life a few times as i'm now running into a lot more poison weapon wielding screamers and haters. 

 

Quite surprising how kind the enemy A.I. acts when a hater is wielding a katana. Encountered a few but so far they seem hesitant to make the best use of it. Love the intensity that comes with it though as i know a clean hit will kill me on the spot.  

 

My 150 unit storage limit is now pretty much stocked to the brim with gold snails, slowmungus, transparangus and upgrade mats. Need to get my hands on some DM soon.

Spoiler

Vent/rant: I know there are good deals out there but the willingness to spend decreases considerably each time Sony (Europe) treats you as a second class citizen in their psn community. Dutch players a) had to wait weeks before the game was finally made available, b) Dutch psn store Let it Die page and product descriptions are all written completely in Turkish (no joke) and c) PS+ subscribers get treated to a 'this product is unavailable in your region' when trying to purchase a subscriber pack that all their psn friends were able to get no problem. smh. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weird... after the 'this product is unavailabe in your region' message i got when trying to dl the free ps+ subscriber deal i got an e-mail from Sony thanking me for the purchase...? Upon logging into the game there are several items in the reward box saying 'purchased'? I thought the deal was just 5 DM's but instead i got 2x solo shelters, 2x barb meat, 10k credits and splithium, 2 x DM and 2 Taster passes? Don't understand what happened (how did it download the deal after telling me i was unable to get it for my region? I just logged out of the psn store after that!) but the receipt says 0,00 so i'll take it i guess.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool. Still baffled by the whole experience though. This was definately not how i usually get stuff from the psn store. 

 

Anyway, has anybody ever used the triptamines or solo shelters? Haven't felt the need to use them so far and wondering if i should sell them off to create some inventory space or hang on to them for later?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great.

 

Beat the Lvl 20 boss after a couple of tries and activated the lift on floor 21 - error code.

 

Now my game doesn't think I've activated the lift, and my best character is stuck on floor 21 with my options of 1) level at new 3 star character and beat the boss again. 2) Pay the ridiculous amount of money to get my character back. *sigh*.

 

At 85 hours now. Still enjoying it really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sucks, i get a lot of errors but they've all been upon closing the game. Rebuilding or salvaging a character becomes much less troublesome if you find/unlock Okusa. It's around floor 17, you have to unlock it by going down from 20, Kaga i believe. There's 3 golden snails there that can get a new character to around lv60 by eating them. Selling them yields around 22k credits (7k+ each), maybe not enough but if you also send some fighters there on expeditions you might get enough credits for salvage.  

 

Trying to take advantage of the 'Increased chance for awesome premium decal event' has yielded me 2x stamina +50% decals and 2x bull decal. Thanks rng, bye bye 200k lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it will take long to get the funds. I took the opportunity to level another from scratch and found I could be quite adventurous now with nearly maxed out weapon stats and decent armour.

 

Just annoying because the character on floor 21 is the one with Lucky Cat decal - 20% extra coins per kill/chest!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sun Tze said:

That sucks, i get a lot of errors but they've all been upon closing the game. Rebuilding or salvaging a character becomes much less troublesome if you find/unlock Okusa. It's around floor 17, you have to unlock it by going down from 20, Kaga i believe. There's 3 golden snails there that can get a new character to around lv60 by eating them. Selling them yields around 22k credits (7k+ each), maybe not enough but if you also send some fighters there on expeditions you might get enough credits for salvage.  

 

Trying to take advantage of the 'Increased chance for awesome premium decal event' has yielded me 2x stamina +50% decals and 2x bull decal. Thanks rng, bye bye 200k lol. 

 

I spent a million and got sod all. This event is teh failz.

 

And okusa's on floor 13. If it's active, send expeditions to anyone currently on that floor* and they'll come back with more snails than you can shake a stick at.

 

Edit: Has to be Okusa itself, not just the floor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Floor 13? Man, i'm way off the mark (and another strong hint i probably need specs). 

 

You spent a million on soup? Nvm snails, that's lizard tier. 

 

Not much progress apart from some cool wardrobe upgrades. Can reliably find my way to the gold chest on floor 22 now but... haven't opened it yet. Each time i get there i'm out of good mushrooms and gear is falling apart. Keep running into these fully kitted level 125 dual wielding haters along the way. Just not enough support items/ confidence left to take on the gank. Lesson learned though and taking some extra slowmungus or transparangus with me next time. Really need the materials for at least one decent tier 3 weapon before i comfortably set out for the higher floors. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Floor 13? Man, i'm way off the mark (and another strong hint i probably need specs). 

 

You spent a million on soup? Nvm snails, that's lizard tier. 

 

Not much progress apart from some cool wardrobe upgrades. Can reliably find my way to the gold chest on floor 22 now but... haven't opened it yet. Each time i get there i'm out of good mushrooms and gear is falling apart. Keep running into these fully kitted level 125 dual wielding haters along the way. Just not enough support items/ confidence left to take on the gank. Lesson learned though and taking some extra slowmungus or transparangus with me next time. Really need the materials for at least one decent tier 3 weapon before i comfortably set out for the higher floors. 

 

 

 

Goreshrooms are very handy for random haters wobbling around each floor, but the chest in question also has two bone tubers there - the dudes with the claws. Block and attack after they do for easy kills, but there's also an enemy with an axe. Can't remember if he can be a hater or not.

 

And yeah - soon you'll be seeing enemies that take a ridiculous amount of damage from tier 2 weapons - I went to floor 25 with a level 2 machete, not something I recommend. After four of them snapped I wound up doing a Benny Hill around the stage, and floor 26 requires two bosses on 25 to be killed before a gate opens.

 

I played it much safer from that point on, I'll tell you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't think i found goreshrooms yet but i know i could/should start using some of my stingshrooms on tough haters. Like the challenge and fear a hater encounter brings though and fear that letting myself grow dependant on mushrooms will trivialise that aspect to much. That said, i gladly cheese the bosses in the game. 

 

Dude, i've been exploring floor 21-25 with nothing but tier 2 weapons last week. It's awful (awesome) lol. My best (favourite) weapon is still +4 tier 2 Machete and i use so many of them that exploring floors 21 and up right now isn't very cost effective (or confidence inspiring). Got the Welding gun developed but takes a while to charge and i'm not comfortable with it yet. Got the blueprints to the cleaver Sabre last night though and think i just need to either farm Goto floor 23 (i think) or the gold chest for the missing materials.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cleaver Saber's a good weapon, but it takes a ton of Black Milk to upgrade in tier 3 onwards. The flaming sword's a good one too, since it uses Candle Wolf mats which are relatively easy to get from floor 11 and floor 23 for each tier respectively. 

 

I honestly can't remember what wound up being my main weapons on 21-30. I think I just scavenged stuff and abused spears on the bosses, but that's a really, really flaky tactic as things will, 100%, break on you. I think I just got lucky on what was dropping was enough to force through the trap rooms. 

 

31+ though, that was the Pork Chopper, first blueprint I found and pops up often. So good. 

 

You'll have to say goodbye to your machete a while unfortunately - it doesn't level up again until you start getting red metals on floor 31+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm only up to floor 20 but so far I'm still scavenging everything - armour and weapons - except for on boss runs. It's served me fine up to this point, but I think I need to start getting a bit more serious about kitting my characters with decent armour before runs, as going in naked and then encountering a hater at level 75 with a sniper rifle can mean a quick death.

 

I'm really lazy about pre-run preparations - I tend to just dump everything in storage then go out with an empty inventory, or maybe a few of the shrooms my fighters bring back from expeditions. But there's no point skimping on armour if it costs you 25,000 to get your dead fighter back.

 

Quick question: How do you get the lifeshrooms that revive you at 100% damage? Is it from killing golden pilbugs? I have a few of these in storage but not sure whether to use them for levelling or for the shrooms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'd have to be golden pillbugs, as the usual ones restore you to 50% after being roasted. Raw, 25%. I don't recall ever finding a golden one myself, though. Since you have a few, I'd use them for leveling. 50% regen's plenty (you want to stay topped up out of combat, it's about having a second chance if something unexpected smacks you hard), and standard pillbugs are plentiful.

 

And yeah. I wouldn't skimp on having some half decent protection - though you're almost at 21, so you can start finding the Agamemnon set in cases soon, which is a pretty decent option until you get to 31+. I always made sure I had body armour at least (the rest's too expensive to take out every time, I'd save a full set for bosses or longer expeditions) and a couple of weapon backups for when one or two started snapping.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rolling like a Kardashian. Buying brand new once gear is below 25% (provided i have the funds). 

I like to think that some haters i run into pay homage to Dark Souls by only wearing the clay figurine body armor, almost all of them with Masamune blade. Very reminiscent of souls' hollow warrior waist cloth + Havel/Smough body pvp set up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My poor fighters are sent on expeditions without clothes or provisions.

 

It's an act of kindness to the poor souls whose games they invade. That, or I just can't be arsed to get them out of the locker and equip them with armour. On the rare occasion they manage to kill whoever they're invading I never notice an increase in the number of items or splithium I get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maintenance finished and a nice 19GB (!) update patch is ready for download apparently. 

 

@ Johnny, i also don't think you get anything extra if you win. I just have a bit of guilty pleasure when i see my expedition was successful. Especially if i see my tier 3 striker had 1-2% HP left but still managed to kill the tier 4 fighter with 2500HP. Silly giggles and 'GG', 'that's my girl' encouragements and all that. 

 

Acquiring the Cleaver Saber has shortened my expedition time considerably but hasn't translated in any real progress yet as i'm (still/again/forever) grinding upgrade materials. Opposing haters with this weapon are terrifying btw, got killed by that three hit combo more often then i'd like to admit.  

 

Anyone developed the Bloody Pitching machine? Only have so much M.I.L.K. black metal and unsure if diversifying at this point (cleaver also requires MILK black) is a smart choice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.