IGNORED

Let It Die - Deathverse

Keyboard Koala

2 hours ago, Sun Tze said:

Phew. Just did the complete 'Okusa bypass' to floor 39. Eight straight floors of nerve wrecking, butt clenched action. Those last floors were so amazingly intense :wub: 

Used a daily express pass and loaded up a striker with 2x my best armor, 3x Meat Cleaver+2, 2x Cleaver Saber+3, 2x Deathburner, 4x Guardshrooms, 3x Transshrooms, 3x slowshrooms and 2x revive with 50%hp shrooms. Went through all of those items and used a DM on that cheeky ambush on a narrow walkway on 39. That was just mean. 

Actually too exhausted to be cheering about unlocking tier 5. Need to have a drink right now, look at the sky or something. Get my heartbeat back under control.  

Good man! About 80% of a successful run is preparing appropriately.

The other 20% is being totally fucking rad when nightmarish enemies come screaming down the corridors at you.

^^Thanks.

Really appreciate that the game is more about preparation/ manipulating it's systems then just sheer reflexes. And no time to get rad yet, i'm now rushed by level 126 Haters who are dead set to get rad on my barely prepared crew. @Kayin Amoh do you roll job specific builds? I've only rolled Striker (bosses), Allrounder (recon/back up) and Collectors (materials farming) so far but really want to start experimenting with the other classes. Could probably do with a few tips before i shell out 200k, 20 gold snails and start 'experimenting' :lol:

Had my own nerve-racking climb today, working my way up to floor 30. I started on floor 25, and took the route via Coen, as I had done Jin-Die previously. I only wanted to get back to floor 27, but I got in a muddle and somehow ended up climbing all the way to floor 30 via Oe and Aotobashi, where, thank heavens, I was able to unlock one of the side lifts taking me back down to floor 21.

I must have been in the tower for two hours, and it was one of those runs where just about everything went wrong, though I somehow came out in one piece.

I was totally unprepared for Coen, and didn't realise just how much HP he would have. Ended up drop-kicking him to death after all of my weapons broke. His moves are easy to avoid, but I still got hit by his charge attack. Had I not eaten a life shroom beforehand that would have been the end of the run.

Had some tricky encounters with haters afterwards, but thankfully had a good supply of brainshrooms. I did manage to eat one of them on floor 30, right next to the lift I was hoping to unlock, while fighting a hater. This was at the end of the run, by which point I was practically palpitating. Probably taking pity on me, the hater didn't do a gore kill but instead just circled me screaming the usual, "you're mine, asshole!", while I awaited the inevitable. Instead I had time to recover and do him in.

And then there were the jackals. I had two transparangus with me for the run and both were required. It's been ages since I've had any jackals show up in my game, but on this run they appeared twice, in both cases very shortly after I had cleared the floor. The sound of that alarm coming towards the end of a long run is just about the most tense and unnerving thing I've ever experienced in a video game.

In other news, I've got more golden snails than I know what to do with. I was sending my fighters to Okusa yesterday, and didn't expect them to come back with so many!

2 hours ago, Sun Tze said:

^^Thanks.

Really appreciate that the game is more about preparation/ manipulating it's systems then just sheer reflexes. And no time to get rad yet, i'm now rushed by level 126 Haters who are dead set to get rad on my barely prepared crew. @Kayin Amoh do you roll job specific builds? I've only rolled Striker (bosses), Allrounder (recon/back up) and Collectors (materials farming) so far but really want to start experimenting with the other classes. Could probably do with a few tips before i shell out 200k, 20 gold snails and start 'experimenting' :lol:

Those are all you need, really. For the Katana - which you'll be able to get soon - an Attacker's not a bad character to have hanging in your freezer. That said, a shooter winds up with more dex and health, so my katana user's actually a shooter. I have a few collectors, Strikers for the heavy lifting, a Katana user and one lucky star with a golden / lucky cat decal on her so that she sucks up about three times as much kill coins during a tower run.

That said, unless things have changed, I was always able to keep finances topped up nicely going off on dev raids.

Can't wait to get back into this, but staying firm on my 'no play' policy until the new floors arrive. I'll hopefully have finished Yakuza 0, Nioh and Tales of Berseria before then. Not exactly small games.

12 hours ago, JohnnyRyall said:

Had some tricky encounters with haters afterwards, but thankfully had a good supply of brainshrooms.

These are quickly becoming more important to me for survival in the tower then the transparangus and slowmungus (bosses excepted). With haters becoming more vicious and deadly these easy win shrooms are essential to survive those late game, multi floor expeditions. Either that or be prepared to make it a five minute duel and use 15k KC worth of weaponry trying to dispose of just one of them.

Great story btw. 

12 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Those are all you need, really. For the Katana - which you'll be able to get soon - an Attacker's not a bad character to have hanging in your freezer. That said, a shooter winds up with more dex and health, so my katana user's actually a shooter. I have a few collectors, Strikers for the heavy lifting, a Katana user and one lucky star with a golden / lucky cat decal on her so that she sucks up about three times as much kill coins during a tower run.

That said, unless things have changed, I was always able to keep finances topped up nicely going off on dev raids.

Can't wait to get back into this, but staying firm on my 'no play' policy until the new floors arrive. I'll hopefully have finished Yakuza 0, Nioh and Tales of Berseria before then. 

Cheers. Was also wondering if choosing a certain class would prevent me from using certain end game weaponry because of stat restrictions? E.g. my tier 4 strikers were not able to use the katana without using a support skill decal (dex up). Will my tier 5 strikers need a support skill decal for the highest tier katana? 

Think my freezer going to look something like:

-Allrounder: Blonde dude, Texas farmer body, DIY jeans, no hat. Holding a Pork Chopper, hoping to find a chainsaw. Backstory: Leader of the group of ten murderous maniacs he and his best friend assembled to climb the legendary tower. Supposedly a high ranking rebel intelligence officer in the second great war after the earth tectonic rage incident. Feared by by both domestic and foreign factions for his intellect and organisational skills. Maintains a low key profile and leaves the handling of day to day sorties into the tower to his best friend.

-Allrounder: Wild brown haired freak with lower jaw beard; Hard hitter cap, Hell puncher body, Motorcycle jeans holding whatever murderous machine he can find. Backstory: a rude and violent madman who seemingly wants to destroy the world. War veteran but allegiance unknown. He is often wild and uncontrollable but his fearlessness and determination are an inspiration for the rest of the group. Has a strange relationship with the groups leader who seems to able the only one able to manage his wild behaviour. Together they form a deadly combination. 

-Shooter: Revy from Black Lagoon, wearing Barrett Punisher Body, Agamemnon leggings and Cleaver saber (for now, i'm behind on developing War ensemble weapons and equipment). Should end up with a huge sniper rifle looking all edgy and black-ops. Backstory: Orphan found on the battlefield during the second great war by the groups leader. Trained and groomed to function as his personal bodyguard. 

-Attacker: w.i.p.

-Striker: w.i.p.

-Striker

-Defender

-Lucky star

-Collector

-Collector

Going to have to come up with a new 'story-arc' when i get access to jackal gear ;)

20 hours ago, Jerec said:

Damn, I've only just got to level 6 and I felt like I'd taken on the world!

I need to climb more and go back to the Waiting room less! :P

I understand the feeling. I must spend as much time in the waiting room grilling mushrooms, sending fighters on expeditions, and sorting out my item boxes, as I do in the tower.

@Sun Tze, I think you're getting rather too attached to your fighters - they're disposable, remember! :P

In all seriousness, though, has anyone actually lost a fighter permanently? I've hardly had to deal with raiders (being a member of the peaceful Ireland faction who seemingly no one wants to invade), and I never leave my fighters out on defence anyway. Is it possible to lose a fighter permanently in the tower? I've always wondered what happens if you go to kill one of your fighters turned hater but end up dying on the same floor. Presumably you can't have two dead fighters on the same floor, both appearing as haters. Do you lose the first?

8 minutes ago, JohnnyRyall said:

I understand the feeling. I must spend as much time in the waiting room grilling mushrooms, sending fighters on expeditions, and sorting out my item boxes, as I do in the tower.

@Sun Tze, I think you're getting rather too attached to your fighters - they're disposable, remember! :P

In all seriousness, though, has anyone actually lost a fighter permanently? I've hardly had to deal with raiders (being a member of the peaceful Ireland faction who seemingly no one wants to invade), and I never leave my fighters out on defence anyway. Is it possible to lose a fighter permanently in the tower? I've always wondered what happens if you go to kill one of your fighters turned hater but end up dying on the same floor. Presumably you can't have two dead fighters on the same floor, both appearing as haters. Do you lose the first?

Fighters that turn into Haters roam around. I'd assume if you died on the same floor, they'd simply move up or down a floor.

1 hour ago, JohnnyRyall said:

I know, i know :lol: But it's really only on these last stretch of floors that i felt the need to 'Let it Die'. On all floors prior to 30+ the salvage costs were largely covered by doing just one set of expeditions. Now it's so much more though and my nr1 bro already got deleted twice as salvage costs were just too high. Thankfully the supply of gold snails is steady. 

Speaking of Gold beasts, i didn't know until yesterday you don't have to eat them to get the EXP. Apparantly you can just kill them for their special shrooms and still get the EXP. Mind blown etc.  

Haven't made much progress lately as the latest event has all these rare materials showing up for sale at the traveling shop. Coen 34th floor has probably died from boredom already as i spend all my time buying lots of green/black and red metals to upgrade most of these awesome costumes and weapons. The fashion in this is just too good, interested to see what the cosplay community will come up with eventually.  

Are there many blueprints that require silk?

I'm up to floor 34 and I haven't found a single one. I've got a mass of the stuff, and I'm tempted to sell some of it, but I know as soon as I do I'll find a blue print that requires it.

Similarly, hovering metal. I've got so much of this stuff, but have seen very few weapons that upgrade with it. Unlike scratch metal, which I'm constantly short of.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRyall said:

Are there many blueprints that require silk?

I'm up to floor 34 and I haven't found a single one. I've got a mass of the stuff, and I'm tempted to sell some of it, but I know as soon as I do I'll find a blue print that requires it.

Similarly, hovering metal. I've got so much of this stuff, but have seen very few weapons that upgrade with it. Unlike scratch metal, which I'm constantly short of.

The Sengoku armour requires it. Can't even remember if that's the name or not, but it's the one that looks like traditional samurai style and is a very good upgrade option from floor 21+.

I ended up climbing through most of the fourth section of the tower yesterday, without even intending to. I started on floor 31 and was hoping to get to the next elevator, but somehow ended up taking a winding path around, unlocking a side elevator, and getting all the way up to floor 39. The whole time I was trying to get back onto the main route so I could unlock an elevator and return to the waiting room, but I kept taking the wrong paths - usually due to just going up the first escalator I could find while running from haters/screamers, without stopping to look where it was taking me. Before I knew it I was near the top.

Bloody terrifying run. My rank 4 collector wasn't cut out for this section, and after running out of brainshrooms, transparangus and weapons, it was taking me several minutes to take out ordinary screamers with fists. Towards the end I was just running from most encounters. If I hadn't had the treasure hunter decal to show me where the escalators where, I'd have been hopelessly stuck.

The whole time I was terrified that if and when I did eventually find a route back to the main floors, it'd be locked and I'd have to return the way I'd come.

Do bosses respawn while you're in the tower, if you return to their floors? Or is it only if you return to the waiting room?

During that long run, there were several points where I thought I should head back, but I wasn't sure if that would mean fighting the flying dude again. I'd already used all my transparangus and most of my weapons against him the first time around, so there was no chance of me surviving a second fight.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyRyall said:

Do bosses respawn while you're in the tower, if you return to their floors? Or is it only if you return to the waiting room?

During that long run, there were several points where I thought I should head back, but I wasn't sure if that would mean fighting the flying dude again. I'd already used all my transparangus and most of my weapons against him the first time around, so there was no chance of me surviving a second fight.

You're safe, they only respawn after a trip back to the waiting room. Check the map if you're ever unsure - if there's a skull icon on a floor, it means that there's a boss lurking there somewhere. It'll disappear after you murderize it until you return home.

Amusing tale of climbing the tower, by the way. Good thing it was a sideroute, presumably bypassing Coen, Jin Die and Goto along the way - the bosses have absurd levels of HP on those floors, so grace was certainly smiling upon you to avoid the buggers.

1 hour ago, JohnnyRyall said:

I ended up climbing through most of the fourth section of the tower yesterday, without even intending to. I started on floor 31 and was hoping to get to the next elevator, but somehow ended up taking a winding path around, unlocking a side elevator, and getting all the way up to floor 39........ If I hadn't had the treasure hunter decal to show me where the escalators where, I'd have been hopelessly stuck.

Treasure hunter decal? Pfft, that's cheating :P 

Congrats man, i started at floor 33 so you did a couple of extra floors. And they are indeed horrible floors for a tier 4 character. Can easily imagine you Benny Hilling those last stretches :lol:  

Be sure to check out the new challenges. There's one or two really easy ones for Red metal to get your tier 5 characters started with the right equipment. Speaking of tier 5, watch those haters, you'll meet some maxed out folk from now on and the difference in gear between you and them is much bigger then at previous points in the game. 

I've got a rank 5 Striker ready to go. I levelled them up last night with all the golden snails and pillbugs I'd been hoarding, and also created the death burner iron. I'm ready for anything (I hope...)

I'm stuck working today, but if I get a chance to play this evening I'm going to see if I can make my way back down from floor 39 - assuming the pathway isn't locked - and see what I missed by taking the side route.

This game is so absorbing. I tried to distract myself from it with Watch Dogs 2, but that's gathering dust, and I haven't even got around to opening Nioh or the Last Guardian. I'll have to take a break when I clear floor 40.

5 hours ago, JohnnyRyall said:

I've got a rank 5 Striker ready to go. I levelled them up last night with all the golden snails and pillbugs I'd been hoarding, and also created the death burner iron. I'm ready for anything (I hope...)

I'm stuck working today, but if I get a chance to play this evening I'm going to see if I can make my way back down from floor 39 - assuming the pathway isn't locked - and see what I missed by taking the side route.

This game is so absorbing. I tried to distract myself from it with Watch Dogs 2, but that's gathering dust, and I haven't even got around to opening Nioh or the Last Guardian. I'll have to take a break when I clear floor 40.

Deathburner is a lifesaver. Only way (that i know of) to quickly degrade those end game armour sets and silence OP haters. 

Good luck trying to go down from 39. Think that part of the map is riddled with bosses and funky 'shortcuts' (read detours). Should make for an entertaining story though :D 

The game plays jedi tricks on the mind. Every time i play something else, sooner or later my mind wanders back into the tower. First i told myself i was only going to pursue an upgraded MILK baseball outfit before taking on the final boss and wait for the dlc. Finally scratched that off my list but now i've met someone in a complete Iron Eagle flight suit. Sub zero cool. Here we go again. 

Update news! Unfortunately no new floors but they fixed most common quest bugs (reports are they eased the requirements for some of those travel from x to y type quests). Also, item sorting is finally fixed. Various other tiny improvements, another TDM overhaul and an event that gives players a chance to collect some new weapons and gear. Event info from reddit: 

Transcription:

Event Period: Event begins immediately following the 2/23 maintenance. Areas affected: 12F – 20F

Hey, senpai!
How far up the tower have you been able to climb? 

Have you heard? Some mysterious Haters carrying some crazy new gear called the “Yotsuyama CHARGERS” are rumored to have invaded the tower! I’ve got some intel on what they’ll be using against you and what you may be able to get from them!

There’s a wicked weapon so sharp, your enemies won’t know what hit’em. That is, until they try to run away and realize their top and bottom halves aren’t connected anymore! They call it the Chainsaw Viper!

And if you really want to fit in with this wacky, post-apocalyptic world, why not try on the ultimate uniform:
Apocalyptic Hockey Mask, Apocalyptic Hockey Body, and Apocalyptic Hockey Pants! Sporty and TOUGH.

Snag all 4 if you can!

The only way to get these goodies is to defeat the Haters named “YTYM@CHARGERS” that show up wearing that gear. They’ve been known to hang out in the Arcade area (12F – 20F), and may drop a blueprint if you’re lucky. The only way to get all 4 is to hunt them down and beat’em up til they drop what you want! Hopefully you get them all before they decide to leave!

Good luck, senpai. You’re gonna need it!

Sincerely, (@益@)ゞ

Note:
*Only the Haters named “YTYM@CHARGERS” using the gear described above have a chance to drop the new blueprints.
*The CHARGERS will only appear in floors 12 – 20 and are not guaranteed to drop the items. *Please note that event duration and content may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.

On 4-12-2016 at 13:13, FargalEX said:

It's like a 6/10 game that you don't want to stop playing. The combat is very Dark Souls-lite and the interface/controls are really counter-intuitive but I love the characters and ideas. Personal highlight so far was when I died for the first time!

On the head. But make that 6 a 7 or even an 8 ;)

Proper addictive.

• 3 weeks later...

Senpai's! Are you almost done playing Zelda and Horizon ? They are pretty good games hey ? Maybe not the best games in the world but what do i know right ? 

Anyway, for those of you that are starting to get bored with taking pictures of your favourite mountaintop, Uncle Death is organising the amazing decal-a-palooza introducing new premium and non premium decals available at Momoko's. There's more, if you buy over 20 premiums during the event you will get a free premium Tank decal.

Edit: event period: 16/03-30/03