IGNORED

Let It Die - Deathverse

Keyboard Koala

Spotify update and maintenance coming! (from reddit)

https://www.letitdiethegame.com/news#/955/scheduled-maintenance:-3/29/2017-08:00-–-13:00-(pdt)

Shotgun and Welding Gun no longer fire random duds. Learned that shotgun blast actually knocks down hunters reliably and that a welding gun is capable of 1-shotting downed enemies. This makes both weapons very interesting and viable for doing raids against well equipped defenders. Good stuff even though i'm sure most of us are just waiting for new floors by now. 

At least you can listen to your own tunes while grinding now. Must admit that some of those haunting ambient noises started wrecking my nerves a bit after.... ehm... a lot of hours :D 

I've read some great suggestions for the new floors like a Hospital themed area and a Zoo themed area. The thought of running around in a silly nurses outfit while being chased by screamers and a wild Giraffe is tantalising. 

Finished the game about a month ago but still have about 14 floors blacked out between 30-40th floor. Have found the batting practice cages but still hoping one of these floors actually has a small baseball stadium or something. Prefer grinding on these floors over 20-30 though, a lot more lay out variety. 

Was expecting a fully decked out Hunter taunting: 'Fuck You" while waving his dual sabers to the audience at the end but this was pretty funny too.

Latest update is live and while i can't find any official patch notes it's clear that UI has had another tweak and they managed to significantly reduce the loading times with this patch. UI is a lot smoother; scrolling the map etc, everything smooth and fast. Train rides for raids are a lot shorter too and there are various sorting options in the raid menu as well. Lots of other small improvements but i gather these will be most important to most. Oh, and there is now a japanese language option. Dunno if this is available for everyone or just those who finished the game though. Mushroom lady sounds really intense and creepy in japanese. 

To celebrate Easter there's two Charger events (new gear and weapons) and lots of special EXP boosting easter eggs to be found in the tower. The waiting room has also been stylishly redecorated for the event (worth checking in just for that imo). 

Was going to take some pvp builds through ringed city dlc in DS3 with my brother today but i really want to play this now. 

Hmm.

Lily Bergamo Collaborates with LET IT DIE!!!

March 30, 2017

Event Period:
4/1/2017 0:00 (PDT) – 4/7/2017 23:59 (PDT)
1/4/2017 7:00 (UTC) – 8/4/2017 06:59 (UTC)
4/1/2017 16:00 (JST) – 4/8/2017 15:59 (JST)

SENPAI!!!
You know about Lily Bergamo, right?!
Wait, you’re a gamer! Of course know about it!
First announced in 2013, Lily Bergamo was the game that became LET IT DIE.

I had to pull a LOT of strings with the Yotsuyama Group, but I managed to get a collaboration going with Lily Bergamo!!! It’s pretty simple. Everyone gets a Lily Bergamo Premium Skill Decal.

Just remember: It’s a limited event, so you’d better not miss it. You don’t wanna be the only loser without one!!!

Details: Log in between 4/1/2017 – 4/7/2017 (PDT) to claim your Lily Bergamo decal in your Reward Box!

*Lily Bergamo: Will become LET IT DIE.

*Note: Actual in-game effect subject to change.
*Please note that event duration and content may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.

That new Rocket Launcher is too powerfull for the 'lightweight' Chargers that carry them. Ran into a couple but they mostly shoot themselves with it :lol:

Damage output vs. price vs. amount of ammo, it's a prototypical Let it Die weapon. Definitely going to try and blow up 4/5 defenders in a single huge explosive blast as soon as i find and upgrade one. Or i'll pop a dragonshroom and keep that trigger squeezed hehe. 

Floor 23 boss is doing my tree in. Last time I tried I literally used every item I had and couldn't get his health down fast enough. I think I used a Shooter character and lots of guns from distance, followed by invis-shrooms and close quarter punching. Any advice for a smarter way to try?

For Goto-9 i try to keep to his sides as much as possible and stay alert for the jump attack. You can use shrooms to distract him during the fight as he will try to eat them after taking a certain amount of damage. Throwing healing shrooms will heal him so don't mix 'm up. An upgraded iron is your best bet vs all (?) bosses, no different here. 

You can practice/farm Goto on floor 11. Afaik same moveset just lower dmg. Sothefox has some excellent youtube vids showing how to beat all bosses without the use of shrooms (he shows Goto on floor 36 though so be warned for a small boss location spoiler if you want to check those out).  

Also, you're going to need to get your armour up to snuff soon. You can coast up until this point, but you'll want to start getting at least some torso armour that can take a hit and doesn't explode after a few whacks.

This Goto's a gear check - time to focus on upgrading some gear you like. The Iron's a good option to start leveling, as Sun says. Sengoku armour's also pretty decent, though you'll need to stockpile some silk to get it looking good and sturdy. So long as your stuff is three star when taking on 21-30, you should be able to scrape by. Lower than that and you'll take a while to kill enemies and die way faster than is healthy.

Also, the Uncle Prime edition seems like pretty good value. I've never even used 100 Death Metals even after completing the game, playing on for a hell of a long time and upgrading my storage immensely. 100DM and two express packs is pretty nice value for £50.

3 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Also, you're going to need to get your armour up to snuff soon. You can coast up until this point, but you'll want to start getting at least some torso armour that can take a hit and doesn't explode after a few whacks.

This Goto's a gear check - time to focus on upgrading some gear you like. The Iron's a good option to start leveling, as Sun says. Sengoku armour's also pretty decent, though you'll need to stockpile some silk to get it looking good and sturdy. So long as your stuff is three star when taking on 21-30, you should be able to scrape by. Lower than that and you'll take a while to kill enemies and die way faster than is healthy.

Seen you say this a while ago, so I've been concentrating on levelling up amours instead of making further progress higher into the tower, but, having real trouble getting all of the black metal (I think?) that I need, so most gear has stalled at 2 stars.

Iron is well levelled though, as are most weapons.

Black metals will be a bit tough. Gyaku sells them if he's available on floor 24 now (he never used to) but you still need to get past Goto. The only real way to get black metals is to farm the chest on 22, which isn't a great time given how random it can be when you're still reasonably squishy.

Don't ever punch bosses and quaff shrooms to stay alive, by the way.  When you first come across them you'll be doing about a pixel of damage - just take the loss.

You are using roast stingshrooms to double your damage output, mitigating the drop in defence with a tranparungus, right? 

What you can do - I'm pretty sure enemies use spears in 21-23 - is grab some spears, up your mastery on the lower levels until you get the lunging jumping R1 attack, and then do as above with the shrooms on any bosses you come across. That spear attack hurts bosses nicely if your usual gear's pretty weak, and I took out the boss on 30 pretty easily like that.

13 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Black metals will be a bit tough. Gyaku sells them if he's available on floor 24 now (he never used to) but you still need to get past Goto. The only real way to get black metals is to farm the chest on 22, which isn't a great time given how random it can be when you're still reasonably squishy.

Wish they would bring back the event that lets you buy black metal from most (all?) shops. Finding the shop in 39th or 33rd floor cost me < 15 mins but finding the shop on the 20-30 floors can take up way too much time. 

13 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Also, the Uncle Prime edition seems like pretty good value. I've never even used 100 Death Metals even after completing the game, playing on for a hell of a long time and upgrading my storage immensely. 100DM and two express packs is pretty nice value for £50.

Uncle Prime edition is interesting but a bit 'light', could've included some artwork or something. Maybe a set of 100 Milk Blacks lol. Never used a monthly express pass, does it give you a free quest support decal every day ? Might consider getting one if i can reliably get a couple of Golden Lucky Cat/ Super Long Tail decals out of it. 

Want to restock on Transparungus, anybody get them reliably from expeditions or know which floors are most effective to grind ? 

7 hours ago, Sun Tze said:

Uncle Prime edition is interesting but a bit 'light', could've included some artwork or something. Maybe a set of 100 Milk Blacks lol. Never used a monthly express pass, does it give you a free quest support decal every day ? Might consider getting one if i can reliably get a couple of Golden Lucky Cat/ Super Long Tail decals out of it. 

Want to restock on Transparungus, anybody get them reliably from expeditions or know which floors are most effective to grind ? 

They're not exactly reliable, but you can get transpar from expeditions to 11/12 every run or two. At least in the past you could. I'm swimming in them right now.

And yeah, you get a non-premium 4* decal every day with the express pass. Golden Cat and Super Long Tail are the mutts nuts. The only thing about Uncle Prime is that there's nothing permanent except the +10% stats decal. As far as value goes, two express passes (£15 each) and 100 DM (£14 for 30) isn't too bad at all. All those lovely extra carrying slots for a month at a time, and no elevator charges. Man!

Don't the haters on Akami 21 always spawn at the entrance ? Send a few guys there but they always brought back very little so never bothered anymore. A week has past since the Charger introduction so it should be socially acceptable to send expeditions to the twenties again. Don't really need the transparungus for going through the levels anymore but they offer a nice escape if you find yourself raiding a surprisingly well defended base and start getting overwhelmed. 

Swimming in Transparungus ? Rubb it in will ya ? :P

End of the month they are going to tell us when the new floors are coming!  

25 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Don't the haters on Akami 21 always spawn at the entrance ? Send a few guys there but they always brought back very little so never bothered anymore. A week has past since the Charger introduction so it should be socially acceptable to send expeditions to the twenties again. Don't really need the transparungus for going through the levels anymore but they offer a nice escape if you find yourself raiding a surprisingly well defended base and start getting overwhelmed. 

Swimming in Transparungus ? Rubb it in will ya ? :P

End of the month they are going to tell us when the new floors are coming!  

Edited - 11 and 12, not 21 and 22. Ack!

Beat the boss on Level 23. Couldn't get to the next elevator point but the boss dropped Black Metal. To be honest it was really straightforward, to the point where I did it again a second time just as easily.

Progress!

Sen Pai ! Well done mate, well done. I nearly spilt my Sassori Vodka! Nice surprise. Great episode :D

Latest dev blog episode with the shoot out around the 9 min mark:

Did you record/upload the mentioned raid ? Really curious to learn how you pulled that off. 

Edited by Sun Tze

4 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Is there a summary to read? New floors announced?

Next event: https://www.letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/1009/precious-metal-madness:-4/12-&#8211;-4%2F26

I think they said new limited time decals this weekend in the stream, doesn't mention it here though. 

Bad memory warning:

Later this month introduction of the 4 Horsemen. Badass. 

New levels (no elevators !?) between April and.. August. 

Complete TDM overhaul (as i understood it) later this year. 

1 hour ago, Sun Tze said:

Sen Pai ! Well done mate, well done. I nearly spilt my Sassori Vodka! Nice surprise. Great episode :D

Latest dev blog episode with the shoot out around the 9 min mark:

Did you record/upload the mentioned raid ? Really curious to learn how you pulled that off. 

Heh heh heh. I follow them on twitter and noticed them announcing a contest where you'd draw something with the playback line after a raid. Thing is I'm terrible at drawing with a pencil, so attempting a mushroom or something would be damn near impossible for me - so I went with Uncle Death's favourite saying instead. Worked out okay!

No real trick to the drawing though - invaded an enemy base, killed his two default defenders, checked the map to make sure I was orientated the right way and started running back and forth over the floor to pencil in lines so that they'd be thick enough to stand out. Just one part at a time - upper part of the S, then the left bit, etc. With 30 seconds to go, I downed tools and smashed up the bank so it wouldn't time out - got a decent one after something like three or four attempts. The others were screwed when I bumped into a wall or accidentally got the lines merging together.

Fun times! Alas, no upload - and I'm slightly kicking myself for not turning up in full Jackal Z gear. Didn't really expect to get shown off though!

I'd forgotten how harsh the game can be - I went up to floor 33 whne I was half asleep with what I thought were some mouldering torso armour and some +4 tankathon armour. Unfortunately, turns out I'd forgotten to take the good stuff along with me and the wrecked one gave up the ghost at the furthest part of my run. Lost three death metals getting back as I'd also decided only to take enough shrooms for the bosses, and nobody and nothing were dropping armour pieces or guardshrooms that run.

Ouch.

Gotta stay sharp! Stood in front of the tengokuji pit entrance, checked my armour's durability, popped my guardshrooms and stingshroom and kicked the chest. By the time the final wave hit my pork chopper broke and i suddenly noticed the only other weapon i had equipped was the sniper rifle. Ouch indeed. 

Took a another attempt at unlocking 36 floor Yatsuo but this time the pink coloured line (down from 38 Himokawa) was also shut without a lock, same as the red lines. Better be some good loot on that floor because of the effort it takes to unlock it is reaching legendary status. I assume Yatsuo is only accessible on one particular rotation ? 

Going to take a little break now. Went full whale/ baller mode this weekend, playing until my eyes fell out of their sockets, accumulating and spending millions of KC on decal soup but not a single 4* decal. Played like an 'addict' but no decal for the effort. Pretty gutted and demoralised right now. RNG is way too stingy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Anyone still playing this? Has it changed much since launch?

I've been away for the better part of a year, meaning I've now got most of 2017's big releases to catch up on, including BotW and Mario Odyssey. Yet oddly I've got to urge to jump back into Let it Die. I stopped playing this time last year after clearing what was then the last floor (floor 50 I think?), but I don't know how the game has changed since then or if they've added worthwhile new content.

19 hours ago, JohnnyRyall said:

Anyone still playing this? Has it changed much since launch?

I've been away for the better part of a year, meaning I've now got most of 2017's big releases to catch up on, including BotW and Mario Odyssey. Yet oddly I've got to urge to jump back into Let it Die. I stopped playing this time last year after clearing what was then the last floor (floor 50 I think?), but I don't know how the game has changed since then or if they've added worthwhile new content.

Decided to let my old account die... and started a new adventure around Christmas. I really should be honing my driving skills in Gran Turismo but this is just so much fun and easy to pick up and play for a few hours. 

There have been plenty QoL improvements, most noticeable are the lack of game crashing bugs and easier ways to accumulate coins and upgrade materials. Personally i greatly appreciate the apparent increase in good decals dropping from the stew and being able to win some via TDM rewards.

They've added floors 42-50 which are entirely occupied by haters and hunters but the levels themselves are just recycled floors. You are restricted in the amount of items you can carry with you to these floors but you can keep all the items you find on those floors so the restriction is only upon access. All four Forcemen have now been unleashed so every faction (D.O.D., War Ensemble, Candle Wolf and M.I.L.K.) has their own optional Boss fight. By now there are also plenty of viable strategies for different weapons/armor to tackle them with so your not screwed anymore if you don't happen to have a maxed out Flaming Buster straight sword S or whatever. Cost of fighting them still steep but you accumulate coins so much faster now it's not really an issue anymore. Other then that they've added various new Chargers and overhauled TDM completely (much better now imo). They've also added weekly and monthly challenges (coins/ Red metals) that reduce the grind to much more acceptable levels. Oh yeah, there's a new vending machine that takes duplicate skill decals and lets you  buy really nice things from time to time. (No matter what you do try to get that Dragon Buster RE sword asap, it's magic) 

Unfortunately you probably just missed out on the 1 year anniversary, the World of Tanks Collaboration or the 4 million downloads! events from last few months. They have been unusually generous and really boosted new and returning players progress by handing out all sorts of nice items and equipment. Fortunately there's another collaboration event around the corner.