IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

With minerals? Yeah but you need them for crafting and upgrades later on so I'm scared to sell too many of them. I have sold some though, especially Amber.

It's not an impossible amount but I think in the early game at least, there are things which represent much better value for the money.

I've kept 2-3 of everything so far and am closing in on the 3k rupees now, mostly through cooking enough food that I want and then making recipes purely to sell. Simmered fruit I'm looking at you!

31 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

Played all night again, this might indeed be the best game ever.

It really is an instant classic.. every moment spent in the gameworld is an absolute joy! 

A staggering achievement on every level! 

12 minutes ago, Mars said:

Same :wub: 

And still in stock at nintendo.co.uk so no silly prices

I'd have got that one but you have to play Twilight Princess HD up to a certain point to unlock Wolf Link. I don't even own TPHD and now is not the time to be playing other Zelda games.

7 minutes ago, U-1 said:

Inventory dilemma, is it okay to sell some of the rare gems or do they come in handy later? 

Need to to get my hands on 3k's worth of Rupee's sharpish ;)

I think it's safe to sell the Opals and Flint as they are in plentiful supply throughout the world. Try to keep the rarer ones though.

3 minutes ago, U-1 said:

It really is an instant classic.. every moment spent in the gameworld is an absolute joy! 

A staggering achievement on every level! 

spot on. Another evening of 3 steps forward, 2 to the side and 1 back but this is on purpose. I just love exploring the world then i'll do a tiny part of the story then embark on stupid side quests and another 5 hours have gone by.

36 minutes ago, Pungee said:

I'm scared of reading too much of this thread in case of spoilers so apologies if this was already asked, but I've got a horse emergency. 

I fast-travelled back from a dead end in the middle of nowhere to finish a quest, but then realised that my trusty horse Fernando is still stood there. Is there a way I can have him automatically return back to me or to the stable at least? I'll walk all the way back to him if not because I feel awful for leaving him there, but I'm hoping there will be an easier way. 

Catch another horse and register that at the stables, it will auto store your lost nag in the stable.

Another 1/3rd of retracing my steps west done - much less there (as far as I can see) - so less loot but still fub  exploring

Anyone solved Thundra Plateu hidden shrine.

Also...just got a very important sword ;)

I am going to need a memory card soon as i'm splitting my time between adventuring and taking pictures, some jaw dropping scenery at times with just amazing wind and lighting effects :wub:

I played it tonight on the handheld with joy cons attached, the Nintendo app tells me it was 2:55 and I had 8% left - genuine 3 hours s obv pretty easy on battery so I'm rather impressed given the damn game I'm playing on handheld!

As much as I'm loving the adventuring, and I'm really trying my best not to advance the main story, where are people picking up any good side quests? I've only got a few and they're pretty tedious things like 'collect 10 of these for me', 'return my 10 chickens', etc. Stuff that's easily completed in the immediate vicinity you pick them up from.

I'd really like some purpose to head out into the wilds a bit more, rather than just to see what's over the next hill, but the side quests seem very thin on the ground.

30 minutes ago, DC07 said:

I'd have got that one but you have to play Twilight Princess HD up to a certain point to unlock Wolf Link. I don't even own TPHD and now is not the time to be playing other Zelda games.

That is dissappointing.  I was looking forward to a wolfy friend.

Has anyone done the shrine quest called The Crowned Beast yet? What a wonderful little puzzle. No spoilers for others reading, of course. But yeah, the simplicity and brilliance of these overworld riddles are making me grin and grin.

12 minutes ago, JPL said:

As much as I'm loving the adventuring, and I'm really trying my best not to advance the main story, where are people picking up any good side quests? I've only got a few and they're pretty tedious things like 'collect 10 of these for me', 'return my 10 chickens', etc. Stuff that's easily completed in the immediate vicinity you pick them up from.

I'd really like some purpose to head out into the wilds a bit more, rather than just to see what's over the next hill, but the side quests seem very thin on the ground.

The 3000 rupee thing is a good to get you exploring, branches much further into the wilds eventually

4 minutes ago, JPL said:

Where would I pick that up? Sounds perfect.

Spoiler

Look in Hateno Village you'll notice some modern-looking houses, cross the bridge and speak to the builders knocking down the old house.

Just now, Gorf said:

Hide contents

Look in Hateno Village you'll notice some modern-looking houses, cross the bridge and speak to the builders knocking down the old house.

Ah right. I'd actually already spoke to him.

I told him I'd be interested in the house, so he said I should go and talk to the boss, by which I thought he meant the boss of the town, but he didn't bring it up.

I'll go back and have another poke around.

I'm scared of reading too much of this thread in case of spoilers so apologies if this was already asked, but I've got a horse emergency. 

I fast-travelled back from a dead end in the middle of nowhere to finish a quest, but then realised that my trusty horse Fernando is still stood there. Is there a way I can have him automatically return back to me or to the stable at least? I'll walk all the way back to him if not because I feel awful for leaving him there, but I'm hoping there will be an easier way. 

If you registered him at the stables then you can just go there and ask at the desk to take him out again :-)

Somehow they magically find their way home...

That is dissappointing.  I was looking forward to a wolfy friend.

I don't think this is true. I've not tried mine yet due to working late, I believe playing TP to a certain point upgrades the companion (i.e. Twenty hearts instead of three).

9 minutes ago, sprite said:

I don't think this is true. I've not tried mine yet due to working late, I believe playing TP to a certain point upgrades the companion (i.e. Twenty hearts instead of three).

It's not, you get him with 3 hearts on the unused wolf. If he dies you can't bring him back until the next day in real world time.

Just spent AGES doing a task with a bow and arrow that involved lighting a chain of lamps.

The problem was that arrows don't stay lit for very long, so it was a case of lighting one then running within range of the next lamp and aiming a shot using my sharp shooting skills. 

It started raining so the arrows wouldn't stay lit and baddies would pop out of the bushes and cause trouble (game over). 

It was tough slog. Until I realised there's a proper tool for lighting lamps sitting in the house. Doh!

At least I'm fast at aiming and know the exact range of an arrow now. 

Learning things by doing it wrong. Happy Days!

:-D

On 6 March 2017 at 23:15, revlob said:

Another engrossing evening spent playing this.

Hide contents

I did the Shrine quest you pick up in Hetano Village, which takes you up to the top of the nearby mountain. I was hoping for hot springs, what I got was a duel in the sky with a corrupted dragon. Sailing the air currents and lining up shots in slow motion was just beautiful, and this was just to unlock a shrine?! I was convinced I'd stumbled upon some significant part of the plot, but this basically a distraction.

Hide contents

Who do you get that quest from?

Tonight I met a member of the Yiga tribe/clan, that was unexpected.

Alright guys the hype has taken over and I've hatched some form of plan to get this by week's end. A mate has two copies of the Wii U version (delivery mix up) so he's lending me one, I can get a decent Wii U preowned for £150 and a pro controller for £40, and someone else I know wants a Wii U for his kid so he's agreed to buy it for £150 + pro controller when I'm done with it. So I'll somehow finally get to play this thing for the price of the game :D

The hype is unreal, and its primarily down to you lot and another forum I go on going absolute ballistic for it. 

Inside I'm basically :omg::omg::omg:

12 minutes ago, The Bag said:

Who do you get that quest from?

Tonight I met a member of the Yiga tribe/clan, that was unexpected.

From a farmer attending a small field/paddy in between two houses not far from the entrance to the village, if I remember right.

6 hours ago, Yiggy said:

For the love of god will one of you miserable cunts say something bad about it please?

This is not doing the forum reputation any good. 

The English voice acting is mostly terrible. I thought it sounded passably mediocre from the trailer, but no. It's shit. The old man was the best of a bad bunch so far. 

I can't tell if they've hired bad actors or they've been given poor voice direction. Or a bit of both. But it definitely mars my enjoyment of the voiced cutscenes. Mercifully they're pretty rare. 

Still better than Mario Sunshine's VA though. 

I have found some very good shrines! But does anyone know why you can't climb surfaces in the shrines like you can everywhere else in the overworld? That's the only inconsistency I've noticed... Seems odd to come across a perfectly cilmable metal surface with plenty of nooks to get Link's hands and and feet into but not be able to scale it when you can scale even the smoothest walls everywhere else - and it seems to go a little against the total 'interconnectedness' of the design philosophy. 

Ok, there's my only negative!