IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

I've seen ever memory and defeated all four divine beasts, every main quest done except the final one.

IMG_0519.JPG.c743a1ab38dfdc6bdd95cb7ce1c1b4ce.JPG

Still no luck with the ball.

I also found something inevitable but slightly disappointing:

IMG_0515.JPG.1aed48a78194ed7a75ef7d06b4178705.JPG

Nearly by done with my armour quest, got Kilton's best gear:

Spoiler

IMG_0520.JPG.bb07c829b074d28a29f83dc184435153.JPG

Such an amazing game. The camel was great (not as good as the bird). New power seems sweet.

IMG_0517.JPG.e59ae3b27887f1d770fc49781741156e.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG.d2e3f6ac283f61aca863a1125f9a7cfa.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG.38b2939df195c4831feca75228e2e05c.JPG

4 hours ago, Spainkiller said:

Trying to farm star fragments for my gear is, so far, the only thing I don't like about this game, LOL.

Waaaaaaiting.

Anywhere specific?

It'd be cool if you could use your axe to cut down the thin wooden stilts that hold up some of the enemy's camps so that the whole structure came crashing down. Tried it tonight to no avail.... (Love cutting down trees for some reason.)

I'm probably just not doing it right - but I'm struggling to see how I can 'use the environment' to kill these things other than blow up the explosives sitting there and the rare occasion a rock can be rolled down towards a base. Can someone share the more unusual methods they've tried? I'm not THAT far in but after a while of playing it seems the most worthwhile tactic is to fire some arrows, throw bombs and charge in there after to finish off the job. Sometimes when I run away Bokoblins try to chase me but simply get stuck in scenery running stationary at the foot of a steep hill. Maybe I was expecting MGSV degrees of foe A.I and combat options....

Also, does anyone else find this game makes them want to do some real exercise? Watching Link climbing all over the shop with his stamina bar and all, I'm momentarily tricked into thinking I've done a lot of physically beneficial stuff for a few hours. The way he controls is just perfect and there is a real tactile feeling of connedtion to the environment. But no, I've sat like a lump for an hour like I was at work all day. No game hero has given such a good impression of working hard since the main character in Harvest Moon GBC.

54 minutes ago, Broker said:

I've seen ever memory and defeated all four divine beasts, every main quest done except the final one.

IMG_0519.JPG.c743a1ab38dfdc6bdd95cb7ce1c1b4ce.JPG

Still no luck with the ball.

How is that still there? I've done none of the beasts, nor memories and have just completed that Shrine Quest. 

I love it when you get pools of light and colour flooding the valleys beneath whatever mountain you've just climbed in time for the virtual magic hour kicking in. You feel blessed to be in that specific spot at that specific time.

I love the gradients that run through the entire spectrum during those moments. Purpley blues across the mountain tops, melting through greens and yellows as you peer into the valleys below. The fact you have to pan the camera vertically to capture the whole effect. Screengrabs can't do it justice.

Genuine question after spending more time tearing into camps: why on Earth can't the Bokoblins climb up ladders after you? I must admit I'm finding the enemy A.I fiercely dumb in many ways (but surprising and enjoyable in others). I know these creatures are meant to to be a bit brutish and dumb, but considering I *found* some of them up the ladder in the first place it's ridiculous once I take one out or knock them off they can't come back up after me when I've taken their position over. Instead hordes of them crowd around the elevated platform throwing stones, most of which can't get to me because of my position. But still they keep throwing. Not so thrilling - and only extremely challenging because of the amount of hearts they knock off with one hit should I ventutute down. I swear even in the Wind Waker enemies could climb up and down ladders after you, unless I'm misremembering that. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet...

I actually do want to understand how others see this so I can see it more positively.

On one of the big creatures on the map

The giant skeleton dude that emerges from the ground, i've found another one but he never rises. Thought it was a past midnight thing but nope. Any ideas? I found him along the coast south of hatano village

Another shout out to @Spainkillerfor the perfect, in more ways than one, guardian faq. I've gone from hiding and running away to waltzing up to them and eyeballing them to dare. Amazing scenes. :D

In the meantime have done my first beast, a few more shrines then went off towards death mountain but changed my mind and went and did Akkala tower first and now have been distracted by a host of other options. Also have a list of other bits to do as well. Just wonderful.

6 hours ago, hub2 said:

I'm in the same boat... how spoilerific are these? On my way to do the first Divine Beat and leaving Zora's Domain.

OK, took one for the team. Great videos, not spoilers at all if you are a few (20) hours into the game. Only disappointment is something they chose NOT to put into the game which appears at the end of the characters video.

Spoiler

Minish cap influence!

6 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

I actually look forward to the Blood Moon now, as it means I can go and fuck up all the Stone Talus mini bosses for mad loot.

Fancy marking a couple on a map and taking a screenshot. 

Spoiler tagged of course. 

;-P

39 minutes ago, Barnard said:

;-P

As you emerge from the Ressurection Shrine (y'know right at the beginning). Go out the door and down the cliff towards some woods. In the woods there is a channel with some rocks in it, walk towards the rocks...

1 minute ago, Danster said:

As you emerge from the Ressurection Shrine (y'know right at the beginning). Go out the door and down the cliff towards some woods. In the woods there is a channel with some rocks in it, walk towards the rocks...

I've stripped mined him a few times. But I need a regular little mining trip to rake in the money. 

As much as I wish this game looked as great in screenshots as it does when it's running, it just doesn't. I love the freeze and pan around mode of Halo and more recently in the excellent No Man's Sky, but I fear it would be too damaging to the illusion that you are in a real living breathing world. Maybe if there was a spirit guide type character that let you go on a trip that could just about work? But there is also the problem of its potential to be exploited - why climb up that hill when you can pan the camera up there for a look-see.

10 days in and 50 hours reached. It's nothing next to some of you, but it's bloody groundbreaking for me!

Only done 1 boss, 2 beasts, and about 35 shrines. Still have 2 towers to unlock too. Just hit the Korok forest area and found Hestu again and used all my remaining seeds. Love how he hums his own theme tune, and of course his exploding maracas.

3 hours ago, Barnard said:

;-P

I'll grab one in a bit, but if I grab the map it will also have all the shrines I've done on it.

Snuck into the castle. Snuck out again. Get your own damned cookbook.

I also experimented with Magnesis - on the U at least, you can't release grabbed items with the left trigger. But you CAN release it with the right trigger, which activates your weapon throw. So it's possible to throw metal objects that way, without having to wrestle with the B button - but for some reason you can't do this if you're moving something forward with the d-pad, and if you do it while moving something back with the d-pad, you whistle your horse every time. So it's not ideal, but the slow speed means it's not something you're likely to want to do very often anyway. Dropping stuff on heads is more effective, and easily done.

Another tower down, too, so I think we're down to three left, possibly four. It'll be a bittersweet day when they're all taken care of, but there's a way to go yet.

10 hours ago, Paulando said:

And rather than collecting hundreds of useless weapons because you've already found your favourite sword and you'll never bother using anything else, every new weapon you find is interesting because you know you'll be using it at some point. And you just need to find that right moment for it. The durability isn't necessarily about the weapons, it's about the loot.

Plus, unlike other Zeldas, the weapons force you to modify your fighting style - I keep a single-handed sword plus a spear in my inventory for use with specific creature classes; the 2H swords rob you of your shield, and the spears allow you to keep enemies at a distance.

If you just go off damage, you can end up with a lot of the same weapon class...