The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

Just now, Simmy said:

When I lock on to enemies I was sure in previous games you could roll or dodge attacks, but I can't seem to work out how to do it in this game. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

You can do the same (it's the jump button + a direction) - if you time it right, you get to do a damaging flurry counter attack as well. One of the early shrines teaches you.....

2 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

If you have not got far, then you're unlikely to have been given the small tutorial for how to do it :)

He said he's gotten to the second village; isn't the whole combat tutorial at the Kakariko shrine?

Also I'd definitely recommend upgrading your clothing if you can, the starter clothing is bobbins. Only 1 defence for each piece, you're going to be getting one shotted constantly in that.

1 minute ago, Simmy said:

Thanks guys. Also, should I make it a priority to upgrade my clothes for better defence quite early on?

Everyone will play this differently, but I'd say "if you want to, yeah" - to begin with, just do some exploring - don't try to drive the main quest too far. Do some shrines, get some orbs, get a few upgrades etc

Thanks for all the responses about The Talus Principle! Unfortunately due to the massive amounts of positive feedback we may not be able to respond to individual messages, but please, if you have any complaints or issues with the service, go fuck yourself with them!

Thanks, and tell your friends and family about The Talus Principle!

11 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I've got Broker on ignore currently. Not because I don't like him (I do), but because we are polar opposites in our views regarding Spoilers.

Do I take it he's just spunked a load of non tagged stuff all over the thread?

Attempting to cash in on Spainkiller's jive from his popular Guardian strats, Broker has dumped a giant post on how to exploit Talus rock monsters and farm them for gems and other material drops. Includes map screenshots with locations of all of them. 

Also yes, he's going straight into the Ignore bin for me. 

40 minutes ago, Majora said:

I had a very confusing encounter with Dinrael last night. Can someone tell me whether this was a bug or if I'm missing something?

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I don't think you're missing anything, he just flies too high to be able to hit him from the bottom of the canyon. I actually first encountered him elsewhere, he can be found flying very low in the Deplian Badlands north-west of Death Mountain. I think he emerges from the Eldin Great Skeleton and then flies along for a bit before heading into the sky and disappearing into a portal in the sky. That's how I got his scale.

It was night at the time, don't know how frequently he shows up.

8 minutes ago, revlob said:

Hide contents

I don't think you're missing anything, he just flies too high to be able to hit him from the bottom of the canyon. I actually first encountered him elsewhere, he can be found flying very low in the Deplian Badlands north-west of Death Mountain. I think he emerges from the Eldin Great Skeleton and then flies along for a bit before heading into the sky and disappearing into a portal in the sky. That's how I got his scale.

It was night at the time, don't know how frequently he shows up.

Hmmm, yeah but 

I was stood on the bridge and he was flying literally directly under me. I should definitely have been able to hit him with arrows. And with all the attention to detail and 'do anything' level of detail in the game, surely they didn't make it so you'd clip through him if you tried to glide onto his back?

Just now, Majora said:

Hmmm, yeah but 

Hide contents

And I was stood on the bridge and he was flying literally directly under me. I should definitely have been able to hit him with arrows. And with all the attention to detail and 'do anything' level of detail in the game, surely they didn't make it so you'd clip through him if you tried to glide onto this back?

Spoiler

Yeah that does sound odd. I know not all the dragons are intangible, I definitely crashed into Naydra during the airborne fight you have with it. Maybe they never intended for Dinraal to be reachable, although I'd probably try jumping onto him if I saw him below me.

On 13/03/2017 at 15:50, Treble said:

I did a shrine a day or two days ago - it's all blurred into one Zelda-shaped day by now - where it told me to adjust some fans to (presumably) blow one of those orange ball-y things into an orange ball-y pit.  It was one of those, "You can't drop the ball-y thing in by hand cos you need to be standing on a platform that the ball-y thing activates".

I was like, sod that: drop metal box in pit, block hole. Drop ball-y thing in, rolls to bottom of pit.  Stand on platform, move box, ball-y thing plonks into hole. Job done, great game.

I did that one yesterday. Couldn't work out how to change the fans, so I just carefully dropped the ball on the edge of the hole, then left a bomb nearby. Stood on the platform, detonated the bomb and the ball went in.

41 minutes ago, Broker said:

Thanks for all the responses about The Talus Method! Unfortunately due to the massive amounts of positive feedback we may not be able to respond to individual messages, but please, if you have any complaints or issues with the service, go fuck yourself with them!

Thanks, and tell your friends and family about The Talus Method!

Damnit Broker! Should've called it The Talus Principle. :(

42 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Attempting to cash in on Spainkiller's jive from his popular Guardian strats, Broker has dumped a giant post on how to exploit Talus rock monsters and farm them for gems and other material drops. Includes map screenshots with locations of all of them. 

Also yes, he's going straight into the Ignore bin for me. 

Just for clarity, the map marks less than a quarter of the ones in the game, and shows an enemy which you can fight within thirty seconds of starting the game and a mild variant on it. I did see that spainkiller had written a fun guide and decided to spice up my farming guide a little, but I'm pretty sure that he didn't invent the video game guide or humorous tones himself. Glad to hear I'm on ignore though, I'll make sure to mention what a miserable cunt you are more often.

1 minute ago, Melon_Bread said:

Not bad but you missed a Talus.

I missed 

Spoiler

of them

Edit: 

GOD DAMN GUYS I KNOW I MISSED THE NAME PUN AND I'M ALREADY ASHAMED OF MYSELF :( 

3 minutes ago, Broker said:

Just for clarity, the map marks less than a quarter of the ones in the game, and shows an enemy which you can fight within thirty seconds of starting the game and a mild variant on it. I did see that spainkiller had written a fun guide and decided to spice up my farming guide a little, but I'm pretty sure that he didn't invent the video game guide or humorous tones himself. Glad to hear I'm on ignore though, I'll make sure to mention what a miserable cunt you are more often.

I missed 

Reveal hidden contents

of them

Edit: 

GOD DAMN GUYS I KNOW I MISSED THE NAME PUN AND I'M ALREADY ASHAMED OF MYSELF :( 

No a type.