IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

1 hour ago, Fatsam said:

Cheers man. That's definitely better than what I had assumed was happening. Not sure why they make you ask them again though. Maybe to confuse feeble minded people such as myself.

I think you might be able to do it without re-asking; it's just they move the upgraded item to the next page of your inventory so you can't see it (once you have more than 1 page worth) - I have no idea why they re-sort the items when upgrading; maybe it defaults to sorting by item level.

Ah, man, I just found a shrine by

busting open a pair of doors with a tiny snowball. I had to take it up to the top of the hill, but gravity and snowball physics did the rest, so it was a big snowball by the end. And it had some amber in it, too, so I may have found a way to make snowballs...

So I went to the island

Eventide that is. Man, what an adventure! I was sure I would be too crap to do it but I managed, initially involving a lot of running away like a wuss but gradually getting more bold, especially when a bokoblin tried to kill me by lobbing an explosive barrel my way. He missed and hit his buddies, killing everyone except himself. Finished him off with a tree branch and collected the spoils which then made the rest easier!

I also managed a Major Test of Strength having never tried before. Definitely worth having the upgraded Stasis though, does make certain things a fair bit easier!

I'll eventually carry on with the main story... uh... sometime.

I'm ten hearts in, one stamina upgrade, 50-something koroks, and one divine beast. Onward!

On the topic of elixirs it seems like it's easier to get longer status benefits with them? Not totally sure, but for instance I combined one butterfly with four monster parts and ended up with a 9 minute elixir.

21 hours ago, deKay said:

One memory left!

The ending hints at a different ending if you get them all. Is it different?

What's the hint? I had all the memories before I finished.

20 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Moving Guardians - different parry timing?

The same, just harder because you have to judge distance.

18 hours ago, Dinobot said:

How do i share pictures I've taken...Say for example here? :)

Which format?

1 hour ago, abc said:

Yes, some interesting uses could be put to it, although Nintendo don't tend to re-use engines much, do they? The only ones that spring to mind are Ocarina being built on the Mario 64 engine (but it was much expanded), and Majora's Mask, which was a game done quickly, so re-used Ocarina assets. Presumably they do re-use old code, and don't re-do everything from the ground up each game, but they always seem to substantially change everything.

Hide contents

Level 4 always makes jump (it's the sudden rumble, coupled with the animation). I wonder what she does to Link in the bit we don't see?

I'm relatively sure that Twilight Princess (and maybe even Skyward Sword) uses the same engine as Wind Waker.

42 minutes ago, sprite said:

So I went to the island

Eventide that is. Man, what an adventure! I was sure I would be too crap to do it but I managed, initially involving a lot of running away like a wuss but gradually getting more bold, especially when a bokoblin tried to kill me by lobbing an explosive barrel my way. He missed and hit his buddies, killing everyone except himself. Finished him off with a tree branch and collected the spoils which then made the rest easier!

I also managed a Major Test of Strength having never tried before. Definitely worth having the upgraded Stasis though, does make certain things a fair bit easier!

I'll eventually carry on with the main story... uh... sometime.

I'm ten hearts in, one stamina upgrade, 50-something koroks, and one divine beast. Onward!

On the topic of elixirs it seems like it's easier to get longer status benefits with them? Not totally sure, but for instance I combined one butterfly with four monster parts and ended up with a 9 minute elixir.

Everything I've read about elixirs so far points to increasing/mixing up the critters and combining with just one monster part for increased duration or better resistance. I really wanna confirm this. 

Has anyone experienced really bad freezes/slowdown later in the game. It doesn't happen all the time but the game just slows down and then gets back up to speed again. Seen this docked and in portable mode.

10 minutes ago, Broker said:

What's the hint? I had all the memories before I finished.

Zelda says something like "Maybe if you'd fully remembered me you'd understand better".

Got all the memories now though.

49 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Has anyone experienced really bad freezes/slowdown later in the game. It doesn't happen all the time but the game just slows down and then gets back up to speed again. Seen this docked and in portable mode.

Some people are speculating that a lot of it is caused by how the wifi scans for networks in the background.  Is your wifi disabled on the system?

I'd like a little help with one of my favourite parts of the game please. The photo memories:

Spoiler

I've done all but two so far. The one on the far right of the middle row and the one at the bottom right.

The first I think is in Hyrule Castle, where I haven't been yet. If I'm way out I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know and I'll rethink it.

The second I don't have a clue. There's no large scale distinguishing features. Just a forest scene with a small stone statue. Is this something really obvious that I've missed? Does the game offer any clues as to where it might be? So far the old painter guy hasn't given me any clues as to this one.

Vague clues or words of encouragement only, please. I'm trying to work these ones out by myself.

17 minutes ago, BruceBruce said:

Some people are speculating that a lot of it is caused by how the wifi scans for networks in the background.  Is your wifi disabled on the system?

Its on flight mode. 

Has anyone else managed to tame

Spoiler

The Lord of the Mountain? :huh:

It took some stamina potions but I managed it, only for him to immediately disappear when you dismount. I take it there's a sidequest linked to him that I haven't found yet.

Pretty weird!

14 minutes ago, nakamura said:

It has happened to me on Wii U too, it just freezes for a second and then resumes. Only happened as I got further into the game. 

Yeah its not a deal breaker, I knew the game had frame rate issues but I was surprised no one mentioned the game just freezing on occasions much later on in the game.Plus the moments it did there was only like 1 or 2 bad guys I was fighting.

Also of note the Guardian bosses are far too easy I find, only 2 guardians mind you.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I've noticed slowdown when fighting Moblins, occasionally. It seems to be when they ragdoll after suffering a knockdown, like the physics engine is trying to do something super complicated all of a sudden. The game will basically lock up for a second or two, until the ragdoll ends and they get up.

9 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Has anyone else managed to tame

Hide contents

The Lord of the Mountain? :huh:

It took some stamina potions but I managed it, only for him to immediately disappear when you dismount. I take it there's a sidequest linked to him that I haven't found yet.

Pretty weird!

If you try to board him:

Spoiler

The guy at the stable freaks out and refuses, says he doesn't want to get cursed. :(

2 hours ago, smac said:

I think you might be able to do it without re-asking; it's just they move the upgraded item to the next page of your inventory so you can't see it (once you have more than 1 page worth) - I have no idea why they re-sort the items when upgrading; maybe it defaults to sorting by item level.

Oh man thanks, but I'm now confused why you are telling me this stuff. I'm aware of that 2 page sorting thing by the way.

My initial post was purely about the times I wasn't given the option to see the armour upgrade screen and was simply told that I had nothing to upgrade. I thought you had explained how everything works rather well.

Best just leave it there.

Cheers.

No worries.

So, what's the sneakiest Korok seed location we've found so far?

I thought the one I found

at the back of the lost temple, just behind the goddess statue's head

was pretty cheeky, as most people wouldn't bother checking, and few people would ever go back in and through the whole place again. So if you miss it, you aren't likely to go near it any more, unlike most of them.

32 minutes ago, smac said:

No worries.

So, what's the sneakiest Korok seed location we've found so far?

I thought the one I found

Reveal hidden contents

at the back of the lost temple, just behind the goddess statue's head

was pretty cheeky, as most people wouldn't bother checking, and few people would ever go back in and through the whole place again. So if you miss it, you aren't likely to go near it any more, unlike most of them.

Cheekiest one i found was in the Shrine of Resurrection.

All i could think was 'Seriously? Are you trying to tell me that i was sharing this thing with this guy for 100 years, or did he sneak in after the door was open?

Just scanned my last tower. Been doing them as I worked through and it was a real big moment. But such a shame to be nearing endgame. 

What did did everyone else use as their time to face Ganon? I've done the beasts now but think I'll go 120 shrines / that special shield I'm missing before I end it. 

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

This is totally a thing that happens when specifically the Moblins enter rag doll. The character spine must have to many points for the physics engine to calculate quickly.