No beast powers
No scope/pins

No selling (except gems)

All korok seeds before next tower

And I'll do my best to:

Wear green Hylian set

Try and sleep at night time

Try to stay at inns

As its not really fast travel, I would say that in a hardcore playthrough, allowing teleports from one travel gate (the glowing blue circle on Shrines & towers) to another would be acceptable.  It just means that you wouldn't be able to instantly extract yourself from sticky situations & would have to put in just a bit more legwork in order to move quickly across the map.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what the upcoming Hard Mode DLC does.

3 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

I tackled the Camel beast this morning.  I got stuck for ages trying to get up to the second floor area after trying one technique only to think of another easier way to do the same thing about 20 minutes later.  The boss is annoying me now, I had to suicide myself in the end as I needed to get to work and we were at a stalemate:

Reveal hidden contents

I was at the second phase where he's dropping metal columns and sending lightning everywhere.  I must have run around trying to hit him with arrows for about 5 minutes.  I then tried throwing my sword at him (can you throw the master sword?) all while the stupid Gerudo woman was banging on about harnessing the lightning and if only I had something metal but as soon as I do I get shocked and drop all my shit (THE most annoying mechanic in the entire game btw).

That was the hardest beast for sure. I had no idea what to do for a good 15 minutes, and even when I had it figured out the camera went all rubbish and made killing him harder than necessary. I also went through a couple of nice blades when beating him. :(

The power you get afterwards is brilliant though. Makes you feel like the real Hero of Time, not some wimp with a tree branch.

1 minute ago, Jarik said:

As its not really fast travel, I would say that in a hardcore playthrough, allowing teleports from one travel gate (the glowing blue circle on Shrines & towers) to another would be acceptable.  It just means that you wouldn't be able to instantly extract yourself from sticky situations & would have to put in just a bit more legwork in order to move quickly across the map.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what the upcoming Hard Mode DLC does.

Or shrine to shrine would be ok as well I reckon... teleport between pads, but not from anywhere to a pad.

20 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Or shrine to shrine would be ok as well I reckon... teleport between pads, but not from anywhere to a pad.

Yes, that was what I meant.

I kind of puts me mind of Star Trek Transporters, but it only works in one way, Destination to Transporter Pad (Travel Gate).

Of course, in Star Trek you can also transport from any destination to any other destination, which even in the Star Trek universe is considered a waste of power & only for emergencies, & in Zelda would probably break the game entirely, or at least even more than being able to teleport out of fights, off of shear walls, or out of bodies of water does.

No, Pad to Pad is where its at.  Just like the Ancients (probably) intended.

1 hour ago, *chin* said:

Why do you need to disable the Goron ability? It works fine with it active. It just means if you miss, you won't have a fiery death.

I actually wish the Goron ability wasn't always present. I don't like losing it to a bokoblin just cos he nailed me from behind whilst I was smacking about his mate. 

How do you disable it?

On the subject of the Ancients in this game, it still seems strange to think that this Hyrule is riddled with these Aperture Science-esque chambers, filled with Ancient Building Material & Technology, but having fulfilled their function of 'testing' the Hero, are now supposed to either sit idle or perhaps just collapse?

Is anyone going to be allowed in to study them maybe?  Zelda sure seemed interested in doing so in one of the memories...

4 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

That fourth fairy can get to fuck the robbing bastard. Stuff like that pisses me right off, grinding just to unlock stuff is not fun. 

Aw, come on! What else are going to do with all those Star Fragments & Dragon Horns loading down your pockets eh? ;)

OK, with over 50 hours played I now

- still haven't unlocked about 33% of the map

- of the 67% I unlocked I probably explored 50% thoroughly, 25% quickly and 25% not at all

- still haven't shield parried a guardian (but it seems I now know how, so trying tonight)

- still haven't snowboarded on a shield (but it seems I now know how, so trying tonight)

- have conquered only one beast, on my way to the second (and currently stuck)

- did about 50 shrines

- got about 35 korok seeds

- only just discovered what you can do with dragons, only seen them from a distance so far

And I'm still not bored :D

I had the archetypal Zelda evening last night. Spoilers for stuff in the north-western part of the map:

Spoiler

I ascended the tower near the snowy peaks and picked a shrine to parachute off to. As was sailing over a seemingly bottomless canyon, I noticed the dragon Dinraal was doing his rounds. I need a scale from him! I'd read in the thread you get that by shooting him with an arrow, so I decided to abandon my shrine trip. Dinraal flew right beneath me so I launched a slo-mo arrow, and the scale twinkled off deep into the canyon below. As far as I knew the canyon really was bottomless, as it was shrouded in mist. But no, I reached the ground and retrieved the scale after fighting off some beasts who were hanging out nearby. With my plan for the evening well-and-truly scuppered by yawning canyon walls stretching up either side me, I looked around. What's this? A foreboding temple build into the walls! A big climb up to the entrance later and I get inside to find it full of immobilised yet active guardians, a bunch of whom target me the second I step inside. So I spend the next 20 minutes working my way around to tackle one at a time using Spainkiller's patented technique. My reward is a hidden shrine and some chests. After that, I exit the Forgotten Temple and trek the length of the canyon, jacking a bokoblin's horse en route to speed things up. Eventually I decide I need to get out so I climb an absolutely enormous windmill and clamber out near another unexplored tower.

Whew!

39 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I actually wish the Goron ability wasn't always present. I don't like losing it to a bokoblin just cos he nailed me from behind whilst I was smacking about his mate. 

How do you disable it?

It's under the inventory menu under the 'star' sub-headng to the right of the meals/food section.

I only found the stealth one annoying. And it was made extra annoying because I snuck into the shrine instead of talking to the korok at the end, which meant when I got lost in the mist on the way out I had to do it all again!

2 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

If you don't have fire arrows on you for the updraft, how do you traverse the mud? Climbing and then gliding from creepy tree to creepy tree like some sort of demented sugar glider?

Yes that;s what I did (ie traverse the treetops). After all my troubles in the Woods yesterday I finally did all 3 trials last night - must say I'm glad they are behind me, least enjoyable part of the game so far. Including the 2 labyrinths I've done.

8 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

My fucking god the Korok trials are annoying me. Screw the fucking mud. 

"If you would ever like to do The Test of Wood again, let me know!"

Ahahaha...shove it up your arse you tree-hugging beanie baby. 

That's weird. I found the Kurok trials all really straightforward. That said I've been playing the game really bows and arrowsy so spend a lot of time sniping and keeping a good stock of different arrow types. As for avoiding the mud, you can go

Spoiler

up the tees 

too you know ;)

6 minutes ago, Danster said:

The mud is water...

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

Forgot to mention I did the Lost Woods part the other day, and dreaded it because of the negative feedback it got. But actually I thought it was good fun and I cleared it pretty quickly once I realised

Hide contents

you just have to follow the direction of the particles in the wind beyond the half-way point

Spoiler

Lighting a torch and following the direction the embers flow is how I did it.

3 minutes ago, Stolly said:

That's weird. I found the Kurok trials all really straightforward. That said I've been playing the game really bows and arrowsy so spend a lot of time sniping and keeping a good stock of different arrow types. As for avoiding the mud, you can go

Hide contents

up the tees 

too you know ;)

I have loads of arrows. I'm just really tight with them :D fire arrow and updraft worked a treat though! You go so much higher than I anticipated..