IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

I think we need a line in the OP that says something like:

"Whenever you get stuck or even remotely frustrated when out in the wilds, just whip out your Sheikah Slate and have a think about how bombs, magnesis, stasis or turning mud/water into blocks of elevating ice might possibly help you."

13 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I went over to that place which looks like it's been hit with meteors yesterday and beat up a large stone guy. I was expecting a load of riches but only got one diamond a few sapphires and some rubies. Are there many others of his ilk out there? 

but they're great fun to fight and you get rich by doing so...

14 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

I still haven't even seen one of them.  I've not gone looking granted but I'd thought I would have bumped into one by now.

You've probably just not got close enough for them to get up - tend to need to almost walk on top of them. I must have at least half a dozen marked on my map and I've only uncovered three map areas so far.

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

but they're great fun to fight and you get rich by doing so...

Last few I've just had to stand there swinging a hammer round and they're dead in seconds, I think only the first one I encountered and one other have been any harder than that.

Haha I love how some have got stuck of the trial of wood when, by the sound of it, the mud isn't deep anyway, you can climb the trees and glide over, use flame arrows fired at you for updraft and gliding or use ice towers. I wonder how many other solutions there are

I've found a few Talus' - but had no joy defeating them even with bombs and a sledgehammer. Recently went back to the great plateau to have another look around now I'm a bit stronger and managed to defeat that one with bombs and a sledgehammer, but every other encounter has been a bit tough.

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

I still haven't even seen one of them.  I've not gone looking granted but I'd thought I would have bumped into one by now.

I have about 8 marked on my map that I clean out after every blood moon. Good for around 10-15k a run. 

The Goron champions weapon absolutely wrecks them. 

The hardest stone talus are the fire and Ice ones when you don't have a suitable weapon. Or the ones that have the weak spot on their lower backs, rather than high on their backs. That's when a good spear comes in handy.

7 minutes ago, Danster said:

The hardest stone talus are the fire and Ice ones when you don't have a suitable weapon. Or the ones that have the weak spot on their lower backs, rather than high on their backs. That's when a good spear comes in handy.

the Ice/Fire ones get 'downed' by an arrow of the opposite type, then you can clamber up and whack away.  Twink No Collossus

39 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

95 hours into this my favourite thing is still to pick an area which doesn't have much marked on the map and just have an explore. There's always something.

I was at a bit of a loose end last night after my daughter finally surrendered the controller, so I picked a tower towards the north-west that didn't have many markers on. Within a couple of minutes of getting there I'd spotted three shrines and two stables, and discovered a new minigame. I think we're still under 70 shrines completed, so I know they're out there. I just can't prove it.

I had to switch my shrine locator back on at about 95, and resorted to a guide for the last 10. For the most part they are fairly evenly spaced, but there are some which are possible to stroll right by if you've got your locator switched off. Hidden shrines won't ping either way.

2 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Eh? Don't you just...

Reveal hidden contents

Use Ice Pillars?

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

I think we need a line in the OP that says something like:

"Whenever you get stuck or even remotely frustrated when out in the wilds, just whip out your Sheikah Slate and have a think about how bombs, magnesis, stasis or turning mud/water into blocks of elevating ice might possibly help you."

Well I think the reason I assumed you couldn't ice pillar on it was because a tower I found was surrounded by it, and there were loads of metal blocks littered about and under the mud, so it suggested that was how to traverse it and ice pillars went out of my mind.