IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

Just now, NexivRed said:

Well I think the reason I assumed you couldn't ice pillar on it was because a tower I found was surrounded by it, and there were loads of metal blocks littered about and undercthe mud, so it suggested that was how to traverse it and ice pillars went out of my mind. 

D'oh! Yes, I spent ages pissing about with the ol' magneto hands, piling up metal boxes, and didn't think of just icing a path over for that tower.

Maybe you needed to use the blocks to get a decent height to avoid some evil goo.

Would have been one that the Ruto special power helped with a lot, for sure. Don't think I had it when I got there.

There's one by the training camp that has its base in mud, but the one with all the metal boxes is up near a quarry, I think.

Omg I'm having great fun with these bokoblins :D

IMG_7865.thumb.JPG.92469d12ef380ec24e1c2ceff637f1c4.JPG

First I knocked down a hive nearby and watched them vs bees. Then I used magnesis on a cube and tried to squash them with it, and they just stared at it with ? over their heads whilst I swayed it back and forth in front of their eyes. But it wouldn't go quite far enough to squish them so I ended up smashing open a large wooden crate with it, to which one responded by running over, grabbing a newly exposed apple and scoffing it :lol:

What shall I do next? I wish I could chuck chu chu jelly far enough. All three types would be fun!

Edit: Ooohhh...their weapons are against that log. I wonder if I can set fire to them...

Edit 2: They didn't give a shit. But night has fallen so I'm gonna wait till they fall asleep, stealth up, then go place some electric and ice chu chu jelly amongst them, and then let loose the Korok bow upon their wretched souls!

THEY WOKE UP!!

The jelly hit one on the foot and they all bounced awake. I legged it round to the back of this tree however, and they lost track of me. 

IMG_7871.thumb.JPG.9485c4b009055c2bf5a826b018f797e8.JPG

Zapped em. Put out their fire. Froze one of them whilst the other two continued to dance like loons. Finally just let em have it. Good times though. 

Well that's embarrassing. Been playing this for a week or so, come down to Cornwall to visit my kids for the week. Within a couple of hours my son is lock-jumping/headshotting enemies with a level of skill I can't even begin to emulate. I hate getting old.

Aside: as a riposte to all the "urgh the kds just don't get it", both my 11 and 13 year old kids think this game is amazing. Samuel, the aforementioned hotshot, is happily exploring cooking combinations, generally farting about exploring and having a whale of a time. So it's not all doom and gloom. Apart from the fact he's better at it than me.

31 minutes ago, RaoulSilva said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of I had problems finding that one, you need to go further inland than you think.  Ignore the beeping.

I was think it might be that...stupid beeping 

Me and the wife have been bumming Spielberg this week. Raiders, Temple, ET, with Last Crusade tonight. It's been a while since I've watched these films but they are truly magnificent, even Temple of Doom for its few flaws (that score).

This game is a masterpiece on those levels. Not even Spielberg himself can make a film like those anymore; but here Nintendo are, still producing the goods.

9 hours ago, Jarik said:

As its not really fast travel, I would say that in a hardcore playthrough, allowing teleports from one travel gate (the glowing blue circle on Shrines & towers) to another would be acceptable.  It just means that you wouldn't be able to instantly extract yourself from sticky situations & would have to put in just a bit more legwork in order to move quickly across the map.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what the upcoming Hard Mode DLC does.

I don't see the point of disabling it. If you die, you'll be greeted with a loading screen and you'll be back where you started. If you teleport, you'll be greeted with a loading screen and be possibly further back than if you'd just died. You will still have to get through the individual encounters to progress, mostly.

Plus in universe you have a magic teleporter. You'd totally warp out of trouble if you hit it.

23 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Remember in the trailer where link was running up a really narrow bridge? Well I eventually found it. I'm probably the last person playing Zelda to do that but it made me smile. 

Which trailer? Which bridge?

I spent the best part of a very enjoyable afternoon climbing cliffs collecting mushrooms. That's all, really.

8 hours ago, the_debaser said:

That fourth fairy can get to fuck the robbing bastard. Stuff like that pisses me right off, grinding just to unlock stuff is not fun. 

Grinding what? She only wants 10k rupees. Or do you mean for a specific set up upgrades?

I'm sat on 25k rupees and I wish I had more things to spend it all on.

The best way for easy rupees I find is to sell stacks of ten ores to the Gerudo lady at the Goron place, she marks up the price nicely.

6 hours ago, luth714 said:

I've found a few Talus' - but had no joy defeating them even with bombs and a sledgehammer. Recently went back to the great plateau to have another look around now I'm a bit stronger and managed to defeat that one with bombs and a sledgehammer, but every other encounter has been a bit tough.

Try a drill shaft. Takes them out in seconds.

I was on one side of a river with a bunch of idiot Bokoblins on the other side so I whistled at them and they went ballistic; lobbing stones, jumping up and down, running in circles until one of the idiots decided to run at me and promptly drowned and then his two stupid friends followed suit and died :lol: they can't swim.

Has anyone found a giant skeleton yet that comes alive at night? Looking at my photos/compendium, it's a Stalnox. I can't beat them - they seem to be undead Hinox. Just as their HP bar is almost empty, daylight arrives and they burrow into the ground and disappear - I've found two so far. 

There are a few shrines around Faron Tower that I can't find - it's doing my nut in.

45 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Remember in the trailer where link was running up a really narrow bridge? Well I eventually found it. I'm probably the last person playing Zelda to do that but it made me smile. 

I spotted that today as well, haven't been and investigated it yet though. 

10 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I was on one side of a river with a bunch of idiot Bokoblins on the other side so I whistled at them and they went ballistic; lobbing stones, jumping up and down, running in circles until one of the idiots decided to run at me and promptly drowned and then his two stupid friends followed suit and died :lol: they can't swim.

Has anyone found a giant skeleton yet that comes alive at night? Looking at my photos/compendium, it's a Stalnox. I can't beat them - they seem to be undead Hinox. Just as their HP bar is almost empty, daylight arrives and they burrow into the ground and disappear - I've found two so far. 

There are a few shrines around Faron Tower that I can't find - it's doing my nut in.

Ooohhhh....I found what I presumed was a Hinox skeleton down near the coast. Huge area around it and at a dead end, so I was confused there was nowt to do. 

59 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

You're not. 100 hours in here and I've still not been there.

14 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Same thing happened twice to me. There's one that appears near the Little Steps bridge.