IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

56 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Does Kilton ever get any more groovy swag than his starting selection? I have:

Hide contents

The four monster masks (awesome), and the dark (red-eyed) outfit (hellishly expensive, looks cool, but disappointing in use).

And I'm not that bothered with the other starting stuff. But does his selection expand over time, or once you have everything he initially offers.

Sounds like you've already unlocked all his offerings. His starting selection is actually much smaller, and gets bigger each time you defeat a divine beast. I hear you can visit him after defeating Ganon for something else though...

1 minute ago, revlob said:

Sounds like you've already unlocked all his offerings. His starting selection is actually much smaller, and gets bigger each time you defeat a divine beast. I hear you can visit him after defeating Ganon for something else though...

I thought the game ends when you defeat Ganon.

19 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Yeah, sits around, painting stuff. All artisty-like.

Stands around ostentatiously slashing at a canvas like Jackson Pollock, more like. You'd have to be blind to miss him.

Except if it's raining, which I suspect is the real reason these guys haven't spotted him yet; it seems to always be pissing down when I get to a stable and everybody's huddled inside.

Tell you what is rare:

Spoiler

Boomerangs

In >120 hours, I've found no more than four, two large and two regular. The regular ones both came from chests, the large ones were carried by enemies I think. I don't want to use them :(

Tell you what is rare:

Reveal hidden contents

Boomerangs

In >120 hours, I've found no more than four, two large and two regular. The regular ones both came from chests, the large ones were carried by enemies I think. I don't want to use them :(

I just broke my second large one on a grey Bokoblin's head. Gonna miss it.

The Lizal tri-blade boomerang is not bad - and you can use a skeletal Lizal arm as a boomerang, too!

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I have literally just started the game. I woke up, nicked a tablet, stole an old man's apple, picked up the axe, threw the axe into the lake.

Ah, well. Don't listen to the_debaser, you'll find another one.

But once you have the first few shrines done, you'll have the means to drag dropped weapons up from the depths. Metallic ones, that is. Wooden ones will float.

Holy shit, I had no idea :lol: 

Well, it's been a while since I tried it - either it worked as a boomerang, or one of his undead mates coincidentally threw another one back at me.

I was pissing myself laughing for a good few minutes after doing it, tbh. "It's a video game, it'll have respawned I'm sure back at the log!". Like buggery has it. Now I'm fighting thingies with a stick, all because I flung the damn axe into the stupid lake, but for some reason it really tickled me. "Hmm? What's this?", thought Link, turning the strange object round in his hands. "Oh well, looks dangerous. Best not leave it lying around" he said, as he flung it with all his might into the nearby lake, before wandering off whistling a jaunty tune.

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

I did that one this morning!   

Hide contents

The lazer thing protecting the chest can be moved,  put it on that moving platform and simply walk up the moving steps!

Oh wow I would never ever have thought of that. I did very nearly 'break' it though. I put one of each bomb next to the crystal and detonated each one to get a little higher up the stairs. Then I used my meteor rod to just randomly throw loads of fireballs off the stairs hoping one hit the crystal. And it did! And then I fell off the staircase because I was so close to the edge.

Spoiler

I fell back on scanning the room with magnesis & stasis abilities and saw you could freeze it.  I started moving it by smashing it while frozen and was wondering how to rotate it when I noticed you could just pick it up. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Majora said:

Oh wow I would never ever have thought of that. I did very nearly 'break' it though. I put one of each bomb next to the crystal and detonated each one to get a little higher up the stairs. Then I used my meteor rod to just randomly throw loads of fireballs off the stairs hoping one hit the crystal. And it did! And then I fell off the staircase because I was so close to the edge.

Yeah, I did similar - I was using the fact that you can line up two different bombs to trigger the crystal independently, with an arrow for an initial trigger, to get three activations.

Not quite enough.

Was wishing for a Phantom Hourglass-style 'draw your boomerang trajectory' for it...

Edit: yeah, I did exactly the same as J5; although I had dropped into the area behind the laser, with the chest.

49 minutes ago, revlob said:

Tell you what is rare:

Hide contents

Boomerangs

I currently have 6. Lizalfos carry them.I keep having to get rid.

1 hour ago, revlob said:

He's got more stuff but it's not functional like the masks and you can't wear it. It's more just achievementy stuff.

58 minutes ago, revlob said:

Tell you what is rare:

Hide contents

Boomerangs

Lizalfos carry their ones a lot. The Toon Link Amiibo also drops them including a special exclusive one.

53 minutes ago, smac said:

Ah, well. Don't listen to the_debaser, you'll find another one.

But once you have the first few shrines done, you'll have the means to drag dropped weapons up from the depths. Metallic ones, that is. Wooden ones will float.

Well, it's been a while since I tried it - either it worked as a boomerang, or one of his undead mates coincidentally threw another one back at me.

They do indeed work as boomerangs.

19 minutes ago, deKay said:

Yeah I was going say that for a while I was picking up loads of fricking boomerangs and they were the first thing I was dropping to create weapon room (or chucking away at enemies obviously). My major problem nowadays is sufficient room in my hand weapon inventory even though most of my Kurok seeds have been spent upgrading it. Despite the durability thing a fair few of my swords are long lasting. I've got two great flame swords at the minute and I've had one of those for the last 20 hours of gameplay at least. My bows on the other hand break all the time :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Majora said:

I was really stuck at that shrine - probably the longest so far... and in a bit of a harumph of frustration, I tossed a bomb in a particular direction and noticed that

the little laser block moved!

the rest was easy.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Hmm. I wonder if I can shoot down that lantern onto the bokoblins below?

Hmm. I wonder if I can climb that?

Hmm. I wonder what's over there?

This game is full of so many "I wonder..." already and I've only played half an hour :D 

The 'wonder what's over there' just DOES NOT STOP.  It's mental.

Also, it seems as though the exit to every shrine is positioned in such a way as to a) make you head off in a different direction than the way you were going and b) always pointing at some kind of interesting thing in the distanct

22 minutes ago, deKay said:

Yeah, so far I've found wooden boomerangs, Lizal Boomerangs, Lizal Tri-Boomerangs, Large Metal Boomerangs, and skeletal Lizal arms.

The large metal boomerangs are great weapons - good against Lizals who back off out of range and like to dance around when you aim arrows. Large hunk of sharp metal flying sideways at their head does the trick.

Dodge that, lizard-breath.

Which I guess is why Lizals favour boomerangs - effective against their own kind!