IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

I did a red one first. Broke pretty much all of my weapons against him, even spamming the heck out of attack flurry.

But yeah, all those charge attacks can be paused later, and then you knock him on his arse and leather him some more. Pretty easy then.

22 minutes ago, smac said:

What's the easiest one to take down?

Think there's a red one in the

Reveal hidden contents

ruined Colosseum, near one of the stables, so that's easy to find.

I need to do some farming for parts...

Some enemies level up as you do. I just did the Colosseum area a minute ago and I fought a Silver Lynel, for example, and going back over old ground now, with 28 hearts, there are silver Bobokin and Lizalflos all over the place.

Red<Blue<Black<Silver

Incidentally, do you get anything for clearing out the Colosseum? I killed all the enemies in each storey but nothing happened. I can't find any of the eyeballs, either, to get rid of the infection that's everywhere (the purple goop stuff, I mean).

13 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Some enemies level up as you do. I just did the Colosseum area a minute ago and I fought a Silver Lynel, for example, and going back over old ground now, with 28 hearts, there are silver Bobokin and Lizalflos all over the place.

Red<Blue<Black<Silver

Incidentally, do you get anything for clearing out the Colosseum? I killed all the enemies in each storey but nothing happened. I can't find any of the eyeballs, either, to get rid of the infection that's everywhere (the purple goop stuff, I mean).

It's to do with the Blood moon. Every time you kill an enemy they are replaced with stronger ones.

I didn't spot anything special - and really didn't expect it to be so sparse; I basically stealthed my way down the levels, sneak-striking each bad guy to one-shot kill 'em.

Until I reached the bottom, of course.

But I only got the loot from each bad guy. Didn't see any eyeballs to clear out any of the evil infestation.

Funnily enough 'brap' would've worked nicely in that paragraph 

"I didn't spot anything special - and really didn't expect it to be so sparse; I basically stole my way down the levels, sneak-striking each bad guy to one-shot kill 'em, brap brap brap."

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

It's to do with the Blood moon. Every time you kill an enemy they are replaced with stronger ones.

O rly? I thought the blood moon just replaced the enemies you had killed. Potentially, then, could you play through the game without getting any extra hearts or good weapons, see two dozen blood moons in that time, and still be fighting silver enemies by the time you got to the end of the game?

(Incidentally, 'Blood moon' has replaced 'Crimson tide' as the preferred euphemism for menstruation in my household.)

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

Pro mode for me then later.

Yes. Why do people still require button prompts for stuff like climb and drop 50 hours into the game? Everyone should turn that last little bit of hand holding shite off immediately, exploration is much better off without it.

23 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

O rly? I thought the blood moon just replaced the enemies you had killed. Potentially, then, could you play through the game without getting any extra hearts or good weapons, see two dozen blood moons in that time, and still be fighting silver enemies by the time you got to the end of the game?

(Incidentally, 'Blood moon' has replaced 'Crimson tide' as the preferred euphemism for menstruation in my household.)

Thats what he said.

57 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Not entirely true. It is only related to the blood moon in the fact that it spawns new enemies. Their level is not a direct "killed one, replace it with higher". First time I went up the Hebra mountains I came across a silver bokoblin. Never been there before so never killed it before. Similarly, I have been to areas I have cleared out previously that still have red bokoblins floating about.

The more enemies of a certain type you kill, the more CHANCE they have of spawning as a higher level. It's not universal though or all you'd see at the end are silver versions.

I got stuck on a shrine challenge this evening out in Gerudo desert:

Spoiler

The one with the Gerudo woman passed out at the entrance. She wants a drink and I know the bar at Gerudo Town serve it, but don't have any ice. I went to the ice house but can't work out what to do. One thing I've just thought of is wearing my Gerudo clothes and talking to the guard there. Any other clues for me?

5 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Re. Ice house shrine

Hide contents

You have to talk to the Ice house manager during the day. She'll let you take some Ice. Just get it back to the waiting bar owner. Then go back to the shrine.

She just repeated her dialogue about guarding the place 24 hours a day when I spoke to her. I'd already spoken to the bar manager and been told I was too young to be there. I guess I needed to speak to the bar manager after speaking to the faint Gerudo woman. 

11 minutes ago, Pob said:

So I have to go back to the bar after talking to her?

Yes - you want to get the nice drink so that's the first port of call. You need to go there first, in order for the woman behind the bar to arrange to meet you to pick up the ice.

Then there's the time of day - the woman who guards the ice-house has to sleep sometime. In the end, you don't have to take the drink to the shrine with you.