IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

Had a great run of shrines today, got some wicked outfits!

Spoiler

This set is fun, had to do a quickening pose.

image.thumb.jpeg.d23e80a32c34c17c289f339512ac09d1.jpeg

And I got some of the Rubber set which when combined with the Lucha Libre mask is just my fav look so far!

image.thumb.jpeg.8ca01d8c2084a2338cb37d9027920249.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e812a2d93d3b7427c2527278203bf3f2.jpeg

Anyway, getting better at longer distance Guardian parries...

image.thumb.jpeg.bbadeea8ea567fa76c42bfea55e4cfaa.jpeg

So jumped on my trusty steed...

image.thumb.jpeg.d96b7ba084ad479b9e60405d965238be.jpeg

and went hunting...

image.thumb.jpeg.9d2863a76092f07be09ced1fbe52c3fe.jpeg

Sadly we got toasted...but at least I managed to avenge my woodland friend...

image.thumb.jpeg.0a5aa0c45a7d552367aa7a5b507ab82f.jpeg

On 13/04/2017 at 10:59, the_debaser said:

If you've turned off the beeping I can pretty much guarantee you will never get all the shrines without consulting some sort of guide. 

I found about a hundred of them without the beeping in a week, then used the beeping to find sixteen more then a guide for the last few. It's perfectly possible to find most of them without any assistance if you're willing to play games that don't scream instructions at you every thirty seconds.

23 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Great fun, but seemed easier then the Zora one.

Everything in the entire game, bar the Lynels, are easier than the Zora one.

23 minutes ago, deKay said:

I think it all depends which one you tried first, because it introduces the core concept of how each divine beast works; the map manipulation.

I think I found the Gerudo one more challenging overall though, including its boss.

28 minutes ago, deKay said:

Wut? Camel boss is waaay harder than heffalump boss.

I would say Camel >>>> Elephant >> Lizard >>>>>>> Birdy.

I got into the Gerudo Secret Armour Shop. This took me far too long to do, and I had massively over-complicated the method required to learn the password in my mind. It's pretty strange that the ladies in the bar absolutely never move, I've spied on them for 2 in-game days. I also bought an extra set of Vai clothes, and was considering brute-forcing it at the rate of 1 failed attempt every day until I nailed it. When I finally saw what I needed to do, I gave one of those borderline insane laughs at my own stupidity!

8 hours ago, Stanley said:

I think it all depends which one you tried first, because it introduces the core concept of how each divine beast works; the map manipulation.

I think I found the Gerudo one more challenging overall though, including its boss.

No, it was only the boss in the elephant that was hard to beat.

8 hours ago, jonamok said:

Wut? Camel boss is waaay harder than heffalump boss.

I would say Camel >>>> Elephant >> Lizard >>>>>>> Birdy.

If you can parry, the camel boss is a piece of piss. Problem with the elephant one is if you get knocked in the water, you're dead.

You're right about bird boss though - beat it first attempt without even taking a hit.

I did the Yiga clan hideout yesterday. After about twenty attempts I realised how I could actually do it. I loved the boss fight at the end :)

I have just one Divine Beast to go - the Camel. After that's done, I'm going to try and upgrade all the outfits and go on a side quest run. I don't want this to end.

The elephant boss was quite easy although I think I was overpowered. I just spammed him with bomb arrows - it took about 45 seconds.

9 hours ago, Stanley said:

It doesn't do that though it just alerts you to one nearby, you still have to search for it.

Which you can do just as effectively by actually looking at and thinking about the environment. I'm not suggesting the locator isn't useful, I'm taking issue with the idea that because Nintendo turned it on by default it's somehow necessary, when this is one of the only games I've ever played where it works perfectly without tools guiding you, just relying on your observations and inquisitiveness. It's pretty obvious that the messy HUD and screaming shrine finder are on by default to avoid scaring off idiots who can't think for themselves.

15 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Well everyone's different aren't they DeKay. You can't just reply "no" as though it's an indisputable fact. I found it more difficult. 

I was saying no to it being the boss that made it difficult, not the puzzle beforehand. The elephant puzzle is definitely the hardest puzzle too, mind. Well, of the beasts.

4 minutes ago, Broker said:

Which you can do just as effectively by actually looking at and thinking about the environment. I'm not suggesting the locator isn't useful, I'm taking issue with the idea that because Nintendo turned it on by default it's somehow necessary, when this is one of the only games I've ever played where it works perfectly without tools guiding you, just relying on your observations and inquisitiveness. It's pretty obvious that the messy HUD and screaming shrine finder are on by default to avoid scaring off idiots who can't think for themselves.

You know the detector is not just for finding shrines, right?

6 minutes ago, Broker said:

You can still use the shrine detector without having the HUD on though. I don't think the people who use it are idiots at all. I find it exciting after you've already found a few and it chirps up. It's another layer to the game play as you abandon what you were doing and begin searching around you for a shrine, whilst not taking you way off course from your journey either. It's intelligent design. To begin with I did turn it off because it was sounding all the time. Again that's intelligent design. To begin with its annoying to the point where you just turn it off, to where later on its music to the ears.