IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

29 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I think Broker is under the impression that most people are mindless idiots who are running around in a blind panic just hoping that the shrine locator will go off. 

This is from the guy who used a guide to find shrines. :facepalm:

You're using a guide to play literally the entire game, and you've still whined constantly that it's not holding your hand enough.

10 minutes ago, teroman said:

Killed my first Lynel :D

Got no good weapons left :( 

You think thats bad, I killed a silver one and took a selfie doing it and put the switch down to make a cuppa - came back to an almost dead Link and old silver Larry charging at me - must have been a bloody blood moon :(

7 minutes ago, Broker said:

You're using a guide to play literally the entire game, and you've still whined constantly that it's not holding your hand enough.

But you have to concede that using the shrine detector, even if only intermittently, is no different than using any other kind of guide. In fact you could argue that guides are for idiots who don't use the shrine detector :P

Beat my first (White-maned) Lynel yesterday and finally beat Eventide Island (which actually turned out to be a walk in the park lol).

What must've been 3 hours of failing during my first try at the start of the game turned out to be a 10 minute peace of cake now. :lol:

Got over my head in all kinds of work crap so didn't have the time/rest to play for some time but picked up enthusiastically today and cleared the second beast at Death Mountain. Another great spatial puzzle, but once I got my head around the rotational stuff and various mechanics I cleared it pretty quickly. Also, it seems my reluctance to quest and appetite for exploring/grinding has made me a bit overpowered as I kicked the boss' arse first try while losing only two or three hearts. Good fight though. What a game!

Had my first lightning storm earlier today!

The grass is the best grass.

Being able to climb anywhere is superb for exploring, then being able to glide off is a godsend. Sometimes to escape an enemy, LOL.

I love the skeleton enemies, having to destroy the heads or they just keep coming.

Those lizard enemies are quick.

Finally rode some horses as well today.

I love Link's very Anime way of running.

I love the girl at the Tech lab, such a great character and again very Anime.

Only playing the Wii U version, but would love to see the game on a Switch.

Went exploring to see if I could get to climb some towers in the west, but ended up finding two nice weapons. Also got some arrows which could come in handy for one of the towers.

Also love the guy who wants the seeds, LOL.

THIS GAME!!

Mount Lanayru / Spring of Wisdom question

I found this spring with a big ass spirit/dragon which has been corrupted. After shooting the eyes to remove the corruption (first try, yay!), he dropped a scale which I had to offer to the spring and then a door opened to reveal a shrine which gave an instant spirit orb. I was expecting something more dramatic/profound to happen, did I miss something?

OH! MY! DAYS! 

On on the back of Mr SpagMasters progress report, I decided to have a look at how long I've been playing and my own progress. Turns out I've been playing for 90hrs! 90 HOURS!!!! And I say it like that because it certainly doesn't feel like 90hrs, the time has flown by! Plus, god knows how, I've only managed to take down 1 Divine Beast (Elephant), do 40 shrines, 150 Koroks, and unlock about a quarter of the map in that time!!! Plenty of that quarter is still unexplored too, with so much to look forward to still yet to come. It genuinely feels like I've experienced more in this game, than I have done in every game I've played going back for at least a few gens.

What's REALLY mental though is that, even though I've been playing for 90hrs, the game feels as fresh and fun as it did at the start. In fact if anything it's just got better and better and it still is getting better and better! Still can't wait to get in from work, fire it up and go and explore Hyrule. Not only that but I'm still seeing new stuff and making new discoveries and still in awe at how just how amazingly diverse the gameworld is and how it has such a real sense of place to it, that is far beyond any other game I've ever played. There's no doubt in my mind......this is the best game world ever created. It stands head and shoulders above anything that's gone before and I wouldn't at all be surprised, if it stays standing head and shoulders above everything else, for the next 10 to 20 years. It's that good!

It genuinely feels like Nintendo have been working hard on this game since releasing Ocarina. It also shows that, yeah, the PS4 might be a beast of a console and the Scorpio might be even more of a Beast of a console than that, but even so, with fairly limited hardware, Nintendo have managed to totally smoke anything they've produced so far and that's likely to ever appear on either of them too. To be honest, ya can keep ya ultra, ultra, ultra HD megaflops. In fact ya can stick 'em right up ya jumper! This is what gaming is all about right here.......and I really don't need to be able to see the awesome intricate cross-stitch on Links favourite sweater or marvel at a beach that actually consists of 99 bazillion individual grains of sand (WOW!) to enjoy it. I mean, if ya can make games this good, that have worlds this good and contain so much content that is this good, well, it makes me realise that the other consoles are all power, but no trousers! 

Anyway, now finally spoke to Impa properly. Next stop Akkala! Spent the last few sessions making my way up the East coast enjoying the seaside and exploring each bay as I go. Sand looks pretty good too! :)

I started this on Thursday and I'm only a few hours in - slowly making my way to Kakariko. 

I'm really enjoying it. I think this is basically the game that 10 year old me thought OOT was.

I definitely prefer playing it on the TV, but being able to take it anywhere is pretty amazing. 

14 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I started this on Thursday and I'm only a few hours in - slowly making my way to Kakariko. 

I'm really enjoying it. I think this is basically the game that 10 year old me thought OOT was.

I definitely prefer playing it on the TV, but being able to take it anywhere is pretty amazing. 

Yeah, totally get what you're saying there man. I feel the same!

I can remember playing Ys the Vanished Omens on the Master System. I must have only been about 7 or 8 or something at the time. This game has totally reminded me of how I used to feel playing that. The sense of magic, wonder, exploration, discovery. As a child it was like I was going on a real adventure! This really does tap into that somehow. It's like a Link to my childhood past if you will! :)

Also, I prefer playing it on the TV and through my amp too. It's really immersive. Definitely adds to the gameworld playing like that. I swear it looks better playing docked than it did when I first started though. Almost like it's running at a higher res now or something. I thought it looked quite blurry compared to playing handheld when I first started the game. Wonder if the recent update changed something?

That said, yeah, it's incredible that you can have a game like this in the palm of your hands these days. Pretty much mind blowing, especially thinking back to being a nipper playing Ys! Had a few solid sessions playing handheld, whilst I've been away and it really is great to be able to just dip into it, wherever you are! Got to love the Switch!

After conquering the second beast I've been mopping up uncompleted shrines (those that I found at least but didn't solve yet and a couple of new ones, I still have a huge part of the map to explore) and just went around collecting stuff for meals and elixers. Went back to the labyrinth island and discovered the cellar, nothing short of epic. Got the Guardian shield parrying stuff nailed now so I now look forward to meeting them instead of dreading it. Because of this the parts roll in fast, meaning loads of nice stuff from the Northern laboratory. Maxed out the house. Tomorrow I'll be at the inlaws, so I picked up an extra charger for extended Zelda times :)

THIS GAME

Actually, wasn't going to mention this as it makes me sound fully mental but whilst it's on my mind......

There's one thing in this game that is bothering me a bit. Basically, it's all the One Eye symbolism. I know this has been touched on with some of Nintendo's games before, but BOTW really does take it to a whole other level! I've got a fair bit of interest in weird shit being a musician and it's through that, that I got interested in the Occult etc. 

I'm assuming people know about the all seeing eye these days and why you see loads of brands using it and celebrities flashing it all the time? If not, it basically represents the Anti-Christ or the Dajjal in Islam. Both religious books state that the AC or Dajjal will only have one functioning eye, that being the left one. Like I said, yeah, I know, it all sounds more than a bit mental, but if you look into it all with an open mind you'll find absolutely zero reason for the One Eye symbolism to be EVERYWHERE and to always be rolled out at every big occasion, opening ceremony etc along with all the Nimrod/Babylon horseshit, yet it has a great big fat zero to do with the actual occasion itself. Olympics in 2012 were especially ridiculous. Even saw a vid last night of a ceremony that went out on Live US TV, that took place at Ground Zero years back, where they formed a perfect all seeing eye around the foundations of the building. Look it up on YouTube if ya even remotely curious, 'cause it's proper nuts and makes no sense at all! 

So yeah, basically the One Eye shit is ALL over this game. Like you don't go more than a few minutes at a time without seeing it. Which is pretty freaky honest! Even freakier is when I positioned Link under a platform earlier to to try and solve a puzzle. Realised that when he bumps his head he only shuts one eye.......and of course it's his right one! Hahaha. 

Anyway, just wondered if other people had looked into this stuff and what other people's thoughts were on it? Has this stuff always been so prevalent in the Zelda series? I was always a Sega fanboy so only really got into Zelda with Ocarina and know that a fair bit of it was around then. Oh yeah, and I'm  definitely not a mental! So there! :) Plus it may partly explain why this game is that good it's like witchcraft! ;)