IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

Just made it to Hateno tower. Really enjoying this.

The map is somehow both bigger and smaller than it seems. I mark things that seem like they're miles away but they don't take long to get there.

I'm very disappointed in the screenshot tool on the Switch, though. The quality is awful (shot from Hateno tower):

Spoiler

4WK3MRp.jpg

Defeated Calamity Ganon tonight. 

92 shrines down, ended up a bit over powered and had about 40 health recovery potions of one sort or another in hand at the end because, well you never know...

Plenty of game left to uncover so I'll be going back in for more tomorrow. 

Such a great game, has had me totally absorbed since launch day and I've played almost every day and looked forward to each and every session. 

95 hours, 90 shrines, 150 koroks, all the divine beasties done. Might be time to go and give Ganon a telling off and then have a bit of a rest. Will be back to finish off all the shrines, for certain.

It's been so, so good.

Apparently the arrows only get restocked if you have less than a certain amount. I'm not sure if that's per arrow type or overall. Beedle may be exempt.

The same thing happens with fairies. If you have 3 or more on you, you won't see any to collect near the fountains.

8 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Not for me. I've finished the game and they've not restocked.

Every time I return to a shop it has restocked, so it must be pretty frequently.

And if you finish the game it reloads an earlier save, remember.

18 minutes ago, deKay said:

Every time I return to a shop it has restocked, so it must be pretty frequently.

And if you finish the game it reloads an earlier save, remember.

Nope, it's been like that throughout the game at that one store in the village no matter how many times I go back. My point was even after completing the game it still doesn't have those arrows.

7 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Whoever designed this shrine needs to be murdered:

Hide contents

c9mhtvxuiaabz4243kx6.jpg

The number of times I've had the bloody ball just shoot to the left of the opening it's meant to go in is unreal (because you can't bloody judge the position properly).

Try turning the pad upside down... :)

Hateno village is great. Kakariko was really small and a bit of a let down. Hateno seems massive and basically everything Kakariko isn't.

Do people recommend going for Stamina or Hearts early on? So far I've got two staminas and one heart but I'm starting to feel quite vulnerable out in the wide world.

A couple of hearts first (say until you have 7 or 8 so you can't be easily one-hit killed), then stamina until you've got two wheels, then hearts again. The rest I prop up with potions/meals. Got 2 stamina wheels and 13 hearts currently and it seems I'm able to fight and climb pretty much everything as long as I've got some backup.

Once you have 5 stamina upgrades (a whole extra circle) you don't ever actually need any more.

With hindsight, I'd get a couple of hearts first, then 3-4 stamina.

I think it depends on how you play. If you intend taking on lots of enemies, extra hearts would be better but if you just like exploring and climbing insanely high peaks and gliding for ages, stamina is more useful.

I've gone 2 hearts for every stamina boost and it's worked fine for the way I play.

I would go all out for stamina boosts after getting a couple of hearts to stop instant deaths. Being able to run and climb and glide and shit is what the game is all about for me. You can always get armour and potions to boost your defence levels further if needed. 

This must be a bug surely?

I managed to defeat 3 of the guardians  with only the Gerudo one left. However, while mining for parts for ancient parts I found a cavern which led directly to Hyrule Casle. One thing eft to another and it eventually led me to fight Ganon himself.  Surely that can't be right?. 

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

Once you've left the great plateau at the start of the game, you can head straight for Ganon. The entire game is optional.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Maybe I been watching too much anime, however, I thought the whole point of the guardians were to break the barrier so you could access and fight him.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Maybe I been watching too much anime, however, I thought the whole point of the guardians were to break the barrier so you could access and fight him.

No, they

Weaken him. Also I believe if you leave any Divine Beast bosses untouched they too will be awaiting you in the castle.