IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

7 hours ago, deKay said:

Reveal hidden contents

With Zelda going on about one of the beasts being on the blink and they'd need to take a look?

If so, no, got that the first time.

Yeah, the bit from my profile pic. I've read loads of things but apparently Zelda doesn't say the bit you mentioned if you don't get all memories; some have said they don't get that entire scene so I wonder if there's a specific combo to not getting it.

And that's the last shrine done! I managed to find 117/120 without consulting a guide at all, but I threw in the towel for the last three. To give myself credit, all three were ones which didn't pop up on the shrine sensor:

Spoiler

- The cursed statue one, where you have to shoot it in the eyes.

- The one near Kakariko village using the ball in Impa's house, which I knew about but couldn't find a way to unlock.

- One I just completely missed in the desert where you have to set a load of torches on fire while avoiding a molduga.

Anyway, I'm going to try my hand at the remaining sidequests and attempt to upgrade all of my armour, then it's off to take down the G man. I don't want it to end! I still haven't found a certain shield, either...

I'm really enjoying this. I spent ages running around and found one of the memory sites and then took lots of photos of it, thinking that was what you need to do. Apparently, I need to go speak to Impa first.

But annoying. But I'm enjoying how non linear the game is. 

I was running around an enormous field north of Kakariko yesterday, which looked pretty empty, but I persevered and it turns out there were 3 Koroks, one guy giving me directions and a Rito bard with an accordion. Brilliant. 

Is adding baked apples to a recipe better than adding fresh ones?

On 16/04/2017 at 20:04, strawdonkey said:

Perfect - ta.

Did you find it? Further spoiler:

It has a mini-boss guarding it. Look for the jail block inside the general castle area (there's also a jail block in the ruins to the west as well, which is where I started from when ended up in the castle jail block; flew over to a mine track and got in that way).

20 hours ago, scottcr said:

That's me got all the rubber armour now... Imma heading to Geurdo town to get me some FREAK on.

You need the recipe to turn glowing rocks into talcum powder first, or you'll never get it off again...

No, this is not really a thing.

13 minutes ago, smac said:

????

Throw it near to the target, ice block it up, swim over, climb up, pick it up, walk it in.

Christ.

I got the raft from the other end of the island, used it as a bridge.

Oh, man, picked up a Savage Lynel bow with a buff that gives it 5 arrows - so 5 * 32 damage from a bow, if you're close enough. Takes a Hynox down in three or four shots even if you miss its eye!

Used it on a silver bokoblin - sound of five arrow impacts in quick succession is brutal, and the hapless target looked like he really felt the impact.

Just now, smac said:

Oh, man, picked up a Savage Lynel bow with a buff that gives it 5 arrows - so 5 * 32 damage from a bow, if you're close enough. Takes a Hynox down in three or four shots even if you miss its eye!

Used it on a silver bokoblin - sound of five arrow impacts in quick succession is brutal, and the hapless target looked like he really felt the impact.

I got one too, saved it for Ganon!

7 minutes ago, deKay said:

Christ.

I got the raft from the other end of the island, used it as a bridge.

Well, I then dropped the one from old snoring boy at the other end of the island into the water there, because I snuck it away from him and fell off the rocks making my getaway.

Wasn't quite so easy to get back onto dry land, as the rocks are way higher; took me ages to work it back to a low enough landing point.

5 minutes ago, deKay said:

I got one too, saved it for Ganon!

Yeah, I'm about ready - 100+ Shrines, about three hearts off max, only that dumb weapon collector kid's dumb weapon-collecting dumb side quest to do.

So I think I'll keep the bow for that.

12 hours ago, smac said:

Did you find it? Further spoiler:

Not yet, was working my way to the castle and then suffered a blood moon, so all the bloody guardians respawned. Haven't read the spoilered part yet but nice to know it is there to refer to - thanks :)

Ganon fell today. It was a glorious moment.

Still need to finesse my Guardian Shield Parry tekkers and then after that its time to take on a Lynel, find the rest of the shrines, the remaining 5 or so memories and mop up the side quests.

Its like I still have a normal games worth of content to get through.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

tekkers?

Technique of parrying the Guardians beam back at it.

Its really annoying, some days I can get it spot on every single time and go on a John Wick-esque clinical murdering spree and then on other days its the total opposite. May give a couple of Major tests of strength revisits to practise instead of tackling the Guardians in the wild.

Also found a really nice and sweet part of the game: (spoilers)

Spoiler

Hudson's wedding! Was a nice touch after the sadness of LInk's ladyfriend at the elephant Divine Beast.

Anyone else notice the slightly different timing when parrying guardians in handheld vs docked? Seems a bit off to me in handheld, I've played about 95% of the time on the telly with my pro controller. Got hit quite a few times earlier when going towards the castle in handheld though. 

I think you may be on to something there, I use handheld mode quite a lot so wonder if its the change between that and docked that throwing me off sync.

Will test this by playing solely in docked mode with Pro controller for the next couple of days.

23 hours ago, Jamie John said:

And that's the last shrine done! I managed to find 117/120 without consulting a guide at all, but I threw in the towel for the last three. To give myself credit, all three were ones which didn't pop up on the shrine sensor:

Reveal hidden contents

- The cursed statue one, where you have to shoot it in the eyes.

- The one near Kakariko village using the ball in Impa's house, which I knew about but couldn't find a way to unlock.

- One I just completely missed in the desert where you have to set a load of torches on fire while avoiding a molduga.

Anyway, I'm going to try my hand at the remaining sidequests and attempt to upgrade all of my armour, then it's off to take down the G man. I don't want it to end! I still haven't found a certain shield, either...

After exploring the castle last night, I accidentally triggered the fight with you know who, so ended up killing him and completing the main quest. It was a pretty cool fight: easy, but pretty damn spectacular and stirring all the same. The music was brilliant.

I'm straight back in to mop everything up, though, then I might kill him again.

Oh, and I found the shield I was looking for :D