IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I did the Typhoo Tea Ruins or whatever they're called last night. Most enjoyable.

I'm now in a dark corner of the map to the NW, which I'd previously assumed was off the edge of the world. The game is even bigger than I'd thought!

Massive innit. I love that area. Especially for surfing.

11 hours ago, johnno15 said:

Following on from Fletch's post about the things that look like they are from  BOTW

Solomans Temple of Love

Looks like the cover of my old copy of Alan Garner's 'Red Shift' I had as a kid.

Ah, yeah, this:

AlanGarner_RedShift.jpeg

Edit: That's where that dragon scale fell...

10 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Also found a really nice and sweet part of the game: (spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Hudson's wedding! Was a nice touch after the sadness of LInk's ladyfriend at the elephant Divine Beast.

Yeah, that's a beautiful payoff; a lot of effort to get it, but a nice touch of optimism in an otherwise destroyed world (its easy to forget sometimes amidst the spectacular scenery, but almost every Hylean settlement or dwelling place you encounter lies in ruins apart from the stables. Some of them recently burned down, judging from the scorch marks, if I recall correctly).

Don't forget to go back and chat to everyone there afterwards.

I've just activated all the sheikah slate terminals in the camel divine beast apart from the final central boss one. Obviously I've done a fair few Zelda dungeons in my time but I'm feeling especially chuffed with my spacial awareness and navigation of this one. Some right clever little puzzles to work out. There's no doubt about it, I'm a Zelda genius..... :rolleyes:

Just the Goron beast to do after this one

1 hour ago, Stolly said:

I've just activated all the sheikah slate terminals in the camel divine beast apart from the final central boss one. Obviously I've done a fair few Zelda dungeons in my time but I'm feeling especially chuffed with my spacial awareness and navigation of this one. Some right clever little puzzles to work out. There's no doubt about it, I'm a Zelda genius..... :rolleyes:

Just the Goron beast to do after this one

My son is 10 and he did it too... ;)

I've been having the best time on this since finishing the last divine beast. I always planned a victory lap of Hyrule, checking back in with the side-quest givers, mopping up shrines and basically going round high-fiving and smashing monsters. It's just brilliant fun. My two favourite things at the moment are snapping selfies in front of exploding guardians (just when they break apart in a blue explosion), and galloping up to camouflaged Lizalfos', leaping off my horse just as they pounce, then firing a slow-mo arrow right in their face at point-blank range before smacking them down with an air attack.

Obviously, no fast travel either. I've put so many hours into this game that I've already developed nostalgia for parts of the map I'm revisiting for the first time in 100 or so hours.

I've now tackled 3 divine beasts (at the Goron, Zora and Rito places) and have been working on further exploring the map, finding shrines, doing sidequests and collecting materials for epic meals and upgrades. There's at least one more Great Fairy Fountain to find (I've got 3 so far), and there's still one part of the map I haven't opened yet. Currently I'm about 75 hours in, completed 65 shrines, got 14 hearts and 2.2 stamina wheels. Currently I'm working on upgrading my favourite gear (the stealth armour, both for sneaking up to enemies as well as critters), but I might also try to get the stuff and rupees together for the Ancient Armour set.

On 4/17/2017 at 20:38, joeplus said:

I don't suppose there's any way to buy Ancient Cores? I seem to have rotten luck with Guardians dropping them, it's going to be a slog to upgrade my Ancient Gear.

I've met a salesman outside of Hateno vilage who sells ancient stuff, and I think he also had ancient cores.

Oh, and it's been decided this is now officially my favourite game of all time. I've been playing for over a month now and it's just as good as when I started. Better even, now I'm a fucking badass in this world.

Ooh, really, really minor tip for Korok seeds:

if it's a stone circle apparently missing one or more stones, you'll probably find each one in the same direction from the centre as the gap left by the stone, i.e. stand in the centre, walk through the gap and keep walking...

2 hours ago, scottcr said:

My son is 10 and he did it too... ;)

But did he do it with as much style....

55 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

I've now tackled 3 divine beasts (at the Goron, Zora and Rito places) and have been working on further exploring the map, finding shrines, doing sidequests and collecting materials for epic meals and upgrades. There's at least one more Great Fairy Fountain to find (I've got 3 so far), and there's still one part of the map I haven't opened yet. Currently I'm about 75 hours in, completed 65 shrines, got 14 hearts and 2.2 stamina wheels. Currently I'm working on upgrading my favourite gear (the stealth armour, both for sneaking up to enemies as well as critters), but I might also try to get the stuff and rupees together for the Ancient Armour set.

I've met a salesman outside of Hateno vilage who sells ancient stuff, and I think he also had ancient cores.

Oh, and it's been decided this is now officially my favourite game of all time. I've been playing for over a month now and it's just as good as when I started. Better even, now I'm a fucking badass in this world.

I'm definitely going to get the ancient armour set. Thus far I've just been able to afford and have the right bits for one solitary ancient bow but I'm a trier

I just upgraded my last bit of ancient armour to the max - had to wait around for the last upgrade part necessary to fall into my lap.

For the cores, the best bet is to farm the more dangerous Guardians - get good with the parry, or make buying an ancient shield the priority. Also do more shrines and make sure you rinse all the chests in them.

Yeah thus far I've largely avoided the grown up guardian areas in the game, having maybe killed just 4 or 5 of them only one of which could use its legs. I have killed loads of the baby guardians though and looted a fair few guardian husks. 

Im mainly short on ancient cores at present but will be looking to up my guardian quota soon. I'm determined not to play the guardians on a save and reload if shield swatting fails basis though and need to collect a few more shields. The ancient shield could be a could thing to have by the sound of things

I figured I'd naturally come across the memories as I roamed around, but that has only happened twice. Decided to take a look at the album and was surprised at how many places I remembered from my travels. Did them all but a couple in one session last night...thats a lot of spoiled brat Zelda to take in. Thinking it could be time to get into the castle at last.

Crossed the 100 hour mark today, how am I still finding new stables, shrines out in the open and large chunks of unexplored map which have the same "ooh, what's that over there?" factor as when I first flew off the plateau? :huh:

Another Monster Hunter vibe I get from this: if you're still playing after this long, at some stage you end up farming monsters to upgrade gear whose only purpose is to make it easier/quicker to kill those same monsters, which is technically pointless, but you do it anyway because it's just fun.

28 minutes ago, Stolly said:

Yeah thus far I've largely avoided the grown up guardian areas in the game, having maybe killed just 4 or 5 of them only one of which could use its legs. I have killed loads of the baby guardians though and looted a fair few guardian husks. 

Im mainly short on ancient cores at present but will be looking to up my guardian quota soon. I'm determined not to play the guardians on a save and reload if shield swatting fails basis though and need to collect a few more shields. The ancient shield could be a could thing to have by the sound of things

shield parry is cool.. .but the absolutely fucking best way to kill a guardian is to chop it's legs off with the master sword... one by one.  Make them suffer.

I love how unforgiving this game can be sometimes.

It genuinely doesn't care if you just spent half an hour ascending that mountain, methodically taking out every enemy along the way and hoovering up all the loot. You just got to your destination and then set off a bomb in your own face? Have fun sliding all the way down a cliffside and landing next to a lynel.

4 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I love how unforgiving this game can be sometimes.

It genuinely doesn't care if you just spent half an hour ascending that mountain, methodically taking out every enemy along the way and hoovering up all the loot. You just got to your destination and then set off a bomb in your own face? Have fun sliding all the way down a cliffside and landing next to a lynel.

Heh. I was in a massive fight with some mounted bokoblins yesterday, finishing off with a double-hard white Boko. Right when I'd just waded out into deep water to retrieve my gems from his body, the Blood Moon happened and they all respawned around me, hammering me with arrows as I desperately swam for shore.