IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

I've serious money problems again. The need to collect all the gear means I'm down to 200 rupees and everything I want to do in games requires thousands (last fairy, ancient gear, flameproof helm). 

Im going to try farming dragon scales in Faron. I'll post back with how I get on. 

2 minutes ago, g wings said:

Can you elaborate?

There's a chap in Zora's Domain (close to one of the bridges) hewing away at a pillar. When you give him 10 luminous stones, he'll exchange it for a diamond. Your first deposit will even net you 2 diamonds. As luminous stones are pretty common (there's lots of them around the mountains in Zora's Domain and around the base of Death Mountain and various other locations), it's pretty easy to get 10 of them.

Just now, Napole0n said:

There's a chap in Zora's Domain (close to one of the bridges) hewing away at a pillar. When you give him 10 luminous stones, he'll exchange it for a diamond. Your first deposit will even net you 2 diamonds.

Great, thanks

I probably have nearly 10k in materials but everyone has said they have uses later in so I'm pranked about selling anything now. I've been gradually burning through my luminous stones and have about 30 odd left of the 70 odd I had at my peak. 

I've spent about 30-40 mins shooting at dragons and resting by a campfire and have just over 10k now. Another session this evening should get me everything I want for now. 

As as an aside, I've seen people gliding on the updraft caused by a campfire. I can't do this at all and it would be usefully to activate the slow motion bow mode. Any tips?

34 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I hate Wizzrobes. The way they gleefully skip through the ruins makes my skin crawl.

I think they're really cute, and then feel bad for murdering them. I already get an earful for tossing explosives into tranquil riverside camps full of peacefully snoozing bokoblins.

7 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

I think they're really cute, and then feel bad for murdering them. I already get an earful for tossing explosives into tranquil riverside camps full of peacefully snoozing bokoblins.

Well, I should hope so!

Everyone knows the only way to take out snoozing bokoblins is to sneakstrike them, one by one, with the heaviest weapon you have like the psychopath Link clearly is.

12 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

As as an aside, I've seen people gliding on the updraft caused by a campfire. I can't do this at all and it would be usefully to activate the slow motion bow mode. Any tips?

Didn't think a campfire was enough to take off, unless you hit dry grass. A bomb arrow or explosive barrel should give you enough heat to manage it on normal grass, I think.

I find the double-tap on the 'X' is slightly tricky to pull off reliably on the flat. Also note that the 'hang time' aiming really chews up your stamina, so you don't get that long.

There is another way to get launched in an updraft, but that requires you to finish off a divine beast to get it - you done any?

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

Using 1 wood and 1 flint isn't enough to take off from, you need to use at least 2 wood and 1 flint for a fire that creates an updraught.

1 hour ago, Mr Cochese said:

I always feel bad cutting of a wolf howl with a bomb...no, the other thing! Fuck them wolves!

Well I think I rinsed the game now, my only gripe with the game is that all the main bosses and Ganon himself are far too easy to kill.I had a harder time fighting Lynels than Gannon which doesn't sit right with me . 

Well I think I rinsed the game now, my only gripe with the game is that all the main bosses and Ganon himself are far too easy to kill.I had a harder time fighting Lynels than Gannon which doesn't sit right with me . 

It's usually the same in JRPGs, the optional bosses are the Hard ones (e.g Weapon in Final Fantasy).

1 minute ago, sprite said:

It's usually the same in JRPGs, the optional bosses are the Hard ones (e.g Weapon in Final Fantasy).

I get you. But the past Ganon bosses were much harder to fight if I remember. I just feel let down, as the design of Ganon was amazing but he was so easy to dispatch and this felt anti climatic and just soured the ending. His attack patterns were easy to learn and avoid, and I keep repeating this but I just feel he should have been harder. He's Ganon and my eventual encounter should have been epic.