IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

4 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Generally fucking around at ganon HQ and manage to start the boss fight.... with 13% battery left, Shit!!

It won't take you long at all. I wouldn't be worried at all.

Spent some time exploring the Tundra, found an insultingly easy Shrine but that was avenged with the North Western Labyrinth which was good fun to clear. Nice loot too.

While there's still a lot to do and a lot to see, I do feel I'm nearing the endgame now and that's both exciting and sad. Exciting because I'm feeling about ready to kick some ass and clear this, sad because I know that once the titles roll I'll probably never get back to this. I suppose I can squeeze another 20-30 hours out of it if I go for the full 90% or so (clearing all the Shrines but leaving some of the fetch sidequests mainly).

2 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Also my side quests and shrine quests list now show how many are remaining, I assume this was triggered when I beat Ganon?

Yep. There's also a percentage of map visited stat on the map too.

Having defeated Big G I'm just exploring and figuring out the shrine and side quests now. Not even done the labrynths or the fabled Island yet. 

This game though. In the castle...

Spoiler

I was wondering about looking for cookbooks (still not found them) but on the way out the library I just noticed a metal bookcase and having moved it found a secret passage down to the castle docks. Not a lot down there I thought but my son was convinced there must be something as there was a flame blade and an unlit cauldron. Suddenly a secret shrine is found. I only spotted it on the off chance. This game....

I do have the master sword and the hyrulian shield now which is nice. Can the hurulian shield be broken and can you get a new one if it does?

140+ hours into this, bested Ganon a while back, and just mooching about at the top of the map when I stumble into a campfire of silver Bokoblins, Lizalfos and a Moblin. How hard can it be? Harder than fucking Ganon, that's for sure. Got cocky and went through a Mipha's Grace, three Goron magic shields, a hearty meal, and a bag full of weapons. But great fun to just go toe to toe with about 4000 HP worth of scum.

Various thoughts:

• Found the tropical village, it's lovely. Played the gambling game and won four times in a row, I started to wonder if the bloke was tricking me and he'd steal all my rupees if I tried to leave. But no, 800 rupees profit is always good, getting ready to meet that greedy Great Fairy that's been mentioned.
  • I love that silver Bokoblins drop gems as well as monster parts. Simple, elegant way to reward you for increasing the difficulty.
  • I really want more Barbarian gear, I've only got the helmet. The Ancient gear defence boosts are handy, but the HP on some enemies is so big I'd like to stack that attack.
  • Cooking tip: cook hearty ingredients one at a time (truffles, radishes, durians, fish etc), it will always completely recover your hearts and overfill them a bit. Five durians could do you one +20 dish or five +4 dishes - the latter is so much more useful.
  • I let my flatmate play this on my Switch, and he's now bought his own Switch because that sidesteps any arguments about whose turn it is. THIS GAME

7 minutes ago, joeplus said:

Various thoughts:

• Found the tropical village, it's lovely. Played the gambling game and won four times in a row, I started to wonder if the bloke was tricking me and he'd steal all my rupees if I tried to leave. But no, 800 rupees profit is always good, getting ready to meet that greedy Great Fairy that's been mentioned.
  • I love that silver Bokoblins drop gems as well as monster parts. Simple, elegant way to reward you for increasing the difficulty.
  • I really want more Barbarian gear, I've only got the helmet. The Ancient gear defence boosts are handy, but the HP on some enemies is so big I'd like to stack that attack.
  • Cooking tip: cook hearty ingredients one at a time (truffles, radishes, durians, fish etc), it will always completely recover your hearts and overfill them a bit. 5 durians could do you one +20 dish or five +4 dishes - the latter is so much more useful.
  • I let my flatmate play this on my Switch, and he's now bought his own Switch because that sidesteps any arguments about whose turn it is. THIS GAME

About the greedy fairy, 

Spoiler

Is that the one who wants 1000 rupees?! I came across her by luck whilst out exploring.

Just now, Mr Do 71 said:

About the greedy fairy, 

Reveal hidden contents

Is that the one who wants 1000 rupees?! I came across her by luck whilst out exploring.

Spoiler

She's not the most expensive one! I've gleaned from this thread that the fourth fairy wants 10k. I still haven't found where she lives, but I want to, because damn I love armour upgrades.

I guess accidentally finishing the game is a common thing if you decide to go snooping around the castle, cos I did it last night - cue SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler

Set off in search of the memory that looks like its at the back of the castle on Bambi...who got toasted again pretty soon after. Decided to go through the castle main gate, which gave me plenty of guardian killing opportunities!

WANK!!!1

image.thumb.jpeg.48ecc88f3a940953204e800cadd28d3d.jpeg

Didnt find The Shield, but this was close enough.

image.thumb.jpeg.6c6b4a72edc736e36beb72d18f46bbbc.jpeg

Also found some company while looking about. Poor little guy.

image.thumb.jpeg.a19c84cc4b71c384815046563025e700.jpeg

Then triggered the end boss battle with no way to back out...was, as others have said, a walk in the park and, in a game where you feel you can make your own choices and is full of free roam freedom, a bit shit that I had to do it before I was ready. Given the choice I'd have left.

image.thumb.jpeg.7cd3d538a7a249a02ab4573f67bf5f4d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4132987837a65edac44c926f4eec8691.jpeg

Thankfully, I have a save point up that flagpole so will load that up and try and get the last memory before fighting Gannon again. Didn't feel right taking him on without Bambi either.

2 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

Pro tip: Don't save the game having not collected all the dragon scales you've just shit down. They'll have gone when you reload :(

This also happens with shooting stars and whatever that glowing thing atop the mountain west of the plateau is. I've seen that glow a few times now but never managed to get there. And no, I'm not going to warp there!

I'm trying to collect the last few bits and pieces I need to upgrade my armour sets before I go fight Ganon. Star Fragments are a pain to find, I had a look online to see if there is any advice, but there's a lot of conflicting info out there.

Spoiler

Some say they always drop on nights with full moons, some say the moon phase doesn't matter. Some save their game on a full moon, turn the game off and restart it, some say that doesn't matter. Some say you get better results watching from the top of the Duelling Peaks, others say Death Mountain.

(I know Silver Lynels drop them occasionally, but it's so slow waiting for them to respawn, and I've only had about 1 fragment from 10 Lynels.)

My first proper session since Easter this morning and it was super productive.  I got the ancient armour and then set out on a guardian killing rampage.  It's now upgraded to level 2 (what does the set bonus do?).  I also finished off the Tarry Town quests which was cool.

I don't know if I should continue working towards unlocking the last fairy and upgrading stuff (which sounds like a ball ache tbh) or just finish the last beast and go kill Ganon before Mario Kart arrives.