IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

£17.99 is for both sets of dlc. The first one has a challenge dungeon type thing with 100 floors of increasingly difficult combat; some new costumes, including a hat which helps you find korok seeds; a map features which tracks where you've been for the last 100(?) hours; and a hard mode. Not entirely sure what the hard mode entails, other than more enemies, including some on floating platforms.

The second dlc hasn't been detailed yet, other than to say it features some new story content.

Any indication yet as to whether DLC from one region will work with a different region of the game?

If it all works ok then I'm planning on getting US$20 credit from pcgamesupply, which is working out at £15.40.

I've suddenly realized:  The Master Trials DLC is going to involve fights against Lynel's isn't it? :huh:

I've only been able to beat them by spamming massive firepower (Urbosa's Fury, Etc) which probably won't be available due to the conditions of the trial.

10 minutes ago, dug said:

£17.99 is for both sets of dlc. The first one has a challenge dungeon type thing with 100 floors of increasingly difficult combat; some new costumes, including a hat which helps you find korok seeds; a map features which tracks where you've been for the last 100(?) hours; and a hard mode. Not entirely sure what the hard mode entails, other than more enemies, including some on floating platforms.

The second dlc hasn't been detailed yet, other than to say it features some new story content.

200 hours. 

Enemies in hard mode are upgraded - so usual red Bokoblins would be blue etc.. and I think their health regenerates too. 

Think I'll be avoiding hard mode myself. 

7 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Does tomorrow's DLC include the map thing where it shows where you haven't been and the Korok seed sensor thingy?

Yes - but so far we don't actually know for sure how we get the Korok (and other) masks do we? I'd guess it'll be a rush to find the chests on the map....wonder how well 'hidden' they will be....

Just bought the expansion pass.

I haven't played Breath of the Wild since defeating Calamity Ganon on March 18. Nor will I be playing BOTW tomorrow. From now on it is The Legend of Zelda: Korok Hunter. Gaming's ultimate prize will be mine.

I have suspicion that, for the Korok mask at least, it's going to be a prize in a chest or a reward from a side-quest (perhaps replacing an existing one) in the

Lost Woods

as that would be a fitting place for it to be.

Same deal with the Tingle Outfit, it's going to be in the place that's fitting for it to be, but I must admit I'm much less sure about Majora's Mask, Midna's Helmet & the Phantom Armor.  

They wouldn't add extra little quests for them like they did for the Zora Helmet...would they?

I dunno man, I'm not even arsed about the chests in each dungeon, there's little point making sure you get them all is there? The loot is randomised (or at least scaled), I'm pretty sure. 

In the early stages of playing this I felt they'd solved the 'pointless treasure chest' problem of the modern Zelda games. But past the midway point I'd say 75% of the time a chest contains garbage. 

:lol: 

Of course. Any precedent? I guess it's the first Nintendo DLC on Switch, what time was the game itself available to download? What time in comparison to game release was the MK8 and Smash DLC on Wii U. This is clearly a challenge.

17 minutes ago, simms said:

Season pass bought.  Does DLC 1 install automaticall?

I imagine it'll work like the updates, ie will download and you'll be prompted when it's ready and you try to resume the game.