IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

From what I'm reading on GAF, Master Mode sounds like a giant troll. I mean, apparently right next to the temple of time on the Plateau there is 

a white lynel

:lol:

If that sort of shit is throughout the game it's basically going to be a stealth game for most of the early hours. 

You're lucky. Once you've killed a few they'll all be zebras when they respawn. 

Can you you have a master mode save alongside your regular save then? I've not had the courage to hit the New Game button on the main menu in case it wipes my save. 

6 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

You're lucky. Once you've killed a few they'll all be zebras when they respawn. 

Can you you have a master mode save alongside your regular save then? I've not had the courage to hit the New Game button on the main menu in case it wipes my save. 

Yep, you pick 'master mode' from the title screen and you get taken to a separate main menu just for master's mode - you choose New Game from there. 

You only get a single autosave on the Master Mode though! I'm gonna leave it til I've rinsed the main game I think.  

(btw hitting 'new game' doesn't wipe any saves, aside from maybe the oldest autosaves.  Your manual save will remain until you choose to overwrite it.)

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Master Mode doesn't sound much fun, I want the Heroes Path but not sure it's worth it just for that as I know I wont be playing Master Mode as my skills are weak :D

Heroes path applies to your main save game as well, unless of course you've rinsed the regular mode by now.. 

3 minutes ago, dood said:

Heroes path applies to your main save game as well, unless of course you've rinsed the regular mode by now.. 

True, the other extras sound good to have as well and I'd love to see where I've been and if I've missed any places. I'm going to get this aren't I? It's payday and I'll have a couple of glasses of scotch and hit the purchase button.

Although it's possible that they might have changed how fighting Lynels works in this update, this guy has a very resource-light method for fighting them.  He's using powerful weapons + stat boosts, but the same method should work if you don't have those advantages (coughTrialoftheSwordcough), it will just take a lot longer.

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Master Mode doesn't sound much fun, I want the Heroes Path but not sure it's worth it just for that as I know I wont be playing Master Mode as my skills are weak :D

Unless you're not going to bother with the story DLC either you might as well get the pass now.