IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

5 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I've spent around 3 in game days around and on this mountain now and it hasn't reappeared whatever it was. 

Seriously? Big green glow in the night? Central mountain with three 'sugar loaf' rocks, with paths through the middle? Pond to one side of those with a lovely big cherry tree?

There's a shrine not far from it - next time you see the glow, fast travel there - you can see it from a lot of locations around Hyrule.

Take your ninja gear and go quietly to the pond.

15 minutes ago, revlob said:

The Hero's Path is such a beautiful feature. I wish more games did this.

Yeah, it's really drawn me back in.  

Finished the game a while back on 110 hours and kept trying to dip back in but with no real direction, thinking I'd seen everything and struggling to find more shrines, yet now I see huge areas untouched so now going round them all finding loads of Koroks and new stuff.

Havent touched the new quests or trial or anything yet so feel like I've got loads more to do again.

Great idea holding this feature back.

And as @Fletch said it's weird remembering exactly what happened 100 hours ago just from seeing the path fill in

Wow. I died a lot. And seeing the big gaps where I simply haven't set foot has really cheered me up, as I was a bit sad when I unlocked the last part of the map. 

The new quests have also drawn me back to areas I hadn't been for a while, and even without doing any of the new stuff besides finding a certain mask I've found loads of Koroks and treasure.

50 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Yeah, it's really drawn me back in.  

Finished the game a while back on 110 hours and kept trying to dip back in but with no real direction, thinking I'd seen everything and struggling to find more shrines, yet now I see huge areas untouched so now going round them all finding loads of Koroks and new stuff.

Havent touched the new quests or trial or anything yet so feel like I've got loads more to do again.

Great idea holding this feature back.

11 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

The new new quests have also drawn me back to areas I hadn't been for a while, and even without doing any of the new stuff besides finding a certain mask I've found loads of Koroks and treasure.

Agreed. Hero's Path would have been a terrible feature to play with from the start. I'd end up simply trying to 'colour' everything in. But as an added feature a month or so after I'd 'finished' the game it's brilliant. Genuinely surprised at just how many chunks of the map I've not even visited.

On 06/29/17 at 17:47, DC07 said:

The Legend of Zelda: Korok Hunter. 

KOROK: TINYSHITE HUNTER!!! 

...cos it sounds like Turok: Dinosaur Hunter? ...and you're hunting tiny shites?

...nevermind <_<

Heroes path meant I found two more shrine quests this morning. You can tell when I have played and my daughter has played - she basically teleports everywhere whereas I rarely fast travel. There's a few areas after over 300 hours play that I've basically circumnavigated but haven't criss-crossed. Not bothered trying out the Master Mode yet but will have a go as I loved Eventide and it taught me how to play the game properly. One thing I rarely do is use the shield so it's going to force me into that - am I right in thinking that Master Mode is basically a new game entirely with everything locked off - like starting a new game with harder enemies that can regenerate health? If that's the case - I'm right up for that.

The bonus pack worth a look once I've finished the main quest even if I'm not interested in the super-difficult mode? 

The trace-your-route feature sounds pretty damn useful. Trying to mop up the last shrines at the moment (93 conquered so far!), and often wandering about aimlessly until I hear the shrine near radar ping alert...

After completing it 2 months ago, I've started again on master mode with all the hud and shrine markers rurned off.

Done the first three shrines so far, avoided the new Lynel, but still died a few times. It's still very enjoyable and a great challenge.

Answering my own question, I found this on Eurogamer regarding the Trial of the Sword.

There are 45 floors, with two breaks along the way one third and two thirds of the way through which you can resume from. If you die between these respite periods, you have to start back at the last one. Starting from one of these wipes your inventory once more.

That's still pretty darn harsh.

Spoke to the Rito elder who tells me to find some guy, speak to another bird guy that tells me the guy went to the flight range. Get there and the guy isn't there, spent like 30 minutes hanging around there, breaking all the targets and searching for him. Turns out he doesn't appear unless you first speak to his wife first. Thanks for that <_<

3rd beast down - Bird - definitely the easiest of the 3 I've done, the initial attack to gain access, the dungeon itself and the boss, no problems at all. 

Current stats:

- 105 or more hours played

- 3 beasts done (Elephant, Camel, Bird)

- 73 Shrines done 

- 184 Koroks found 

- All but 3 or 4 (I think) memories found 

- 2 Lynels killed and plenty more ran from. 

Someone should change the thread title to say "v1.3.0" which is the current version that came with DLC Pack 1.

Also, I've dumped my game and have been using this emulator called CEMU to play it (only works if you own the Wii U version of the game, not Switch).  The framerate is kinda "meh" though.. but it's certainly playable, and even more beautiful to boot.

My monitor is 1080p so I set it to render in 1440p and downscale to 1080p.  And added this thing called a "graphics pack" that alters the colors and contrast a bit, so they don't look all grayish.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

CEMU_07.01.2017_-_14.39.09.09.png

CEMU_06.30.2017_-_16.10.16.07.png