The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

2 hours ago, Jarik said:

The recipe has 3 ingredients, & it's quite a handy one to know.  The fish does seem to be quite rare though.

Well, he knows one place that they can be found...

Got the recipe - thanks all. Great little puzzle after that too. Then I got into a fight with a Hirox who dropped food and weapons but nothing of anything special. Then I wandered up the map to dragon mire and discovered a huge area. This game is so big that even a spec on the map ends up being a great place full of stuff. The amount of work that's gone into the game, that half the people will never see!

Put this on CEMU just to see what it's like and it looks like I now have a 4th save file (also playing a bunch on my kids' files). Just discovered "graphics packs" (i.e. text files telling CEMU to render at native resolution) and that's me set for desktop backgrounds for the next year :o

CEMU 07.11.2017 - 00.43.20.18.png

4 hours ago, makkuwata said:

I bought a Switch last week and this has made my commute evaporate. Today I learnt that motion controls aren't compatible with roundabouts. I looked rather silly.

To be fair you shouldn't be playing whilst driving ;) 

Looking for some pointers for the Hebra region, I've been all over it, twice & even checked the Hero's Path for any obvious missed areas but I can't find the following:

8th Swordwoman

Leviathan Bones

and there's a shrine somewhere in the top left corner of the map, not the one in plain view but somewhere on the mountain next to it, and I'm buggered if I can track it down, I figure it's inside it somewhere but can't see anything bombable...

any pointers, area names, landmarks, etc would be appreciated. 

26 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Have you explored the south west corner of the desert? 

The desert? Yes, done that one. 

I'm talking about the Hebra Mountain range in the top left corner, the snowy area. 

Stupid lack of visibility & hilly terrain. 

Thanks Mr Do, I'll check that out. 

39 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

Looking for some pointers for the Hebra region, I've been all over it, twice & even checked the Hero's Path for any obvious missed areas but I can't find the following:

Hide contents

8th Swordwoman

Leviathan Bones

and there's a shrine somewhere in the top left corner of the map, not the one in plain view but somewhere on the mountain next to it, and I'm buggered if I can track it down, I figure it's inside it somewhere but can't see anything bombable...

any pointers, area names, landmarks, etc would be appreciated. 

For the latter, are you near a (non-snowy) river canyon? One with bombable updrafts on rocky islets, and wooden jettys at one end?

1 hour ago, ph0rce said:

The desert? Yes, done that one. 

I'm talking about the Hebra Mountain range in the top left corner, the snowy area. 

Stupid lack of visibility & hilly terrain. 

Thanks Mr Do, I'll check that out. 

Oh sorry, those leviathan bones. I had to resort to looking it up after scouring the whole area looking for them without any luck. 

30 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Oh sorry, those leviathan bones. I had to resort to looking it up after scouring the whole area looking for them without any luck. 

I found 'em, but yeah, they were hard to find. There is a shrine nearby, so make sure you have your detector set (but it's also set up so that you need to be almost on top of the location to get any response).

Look for a hollow and some doors nestled right in a corner of two rockfaces. You still have to work out how to open them - it's not as simple as the other set of doors you might have found in the region (those aren't close).

Well worth finding - it's a lovely location, even for this incarnation of Hyrule.

2 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

For the woman, maybe go north from the R and U of Gerudo Highlands ;)

Oh, bloody hell, her. Yeah, took me longer than it should have to find her - I tramped right past her, above her head. If you're still stuck:

She's not actually technically under snow - so look for a transition between snow and normal terrain. And she's visible on the map when zoomed in. her sword is stuck up in the snowy uplands, and you can find it - there's an associated side quest you can find.

2 hours ago, smac said:

For the latter, are you near a (non-snowy) river canyon? One with bombable updrafts on rocky islets, and wooden jettys at one end?

No, there's a shrine out in the open in the very corner, just across from that ( near the edge of the map where there are lots of updrafts & a mountain side ) the shrine detector goes off but I can't see *anything*.

36 minutes ago, smac said:

I found 'em, but yeah, they were hard to find. There is a shrine nearby, so make sure you have your detector set (but it's also set up so that you need to be almost on top of the location to get any response).

Reveal hidden contents

Look for a hollow and some doors nestled right in a corner of two rockfaces. You still have to work out how to open them - it's not as simple as the other set of doors you might have found in the region (those aren't close).

Well worth finding - it's a lovely location, even for this incarnation of Hyrule.

Assuming we are talking about

rolling a snowball down the hill

then I've got that shrine, didn't see any bones though. I'll go back for another look.

22 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

No, there's a shrine out in the open in the very corner, just across from that ( near the edge of the map where there are lots of updrafts & a mountain side ) the shrine detector goes off but I can't see *anything*.

If it's the one I'm thinking of

look for the edge of the rock outcrop/cliff face, by the jetties at the southern/western end - there's a narrow vertical crack in the cliff face at water level through which you can just about see the shrine, especially at night. The actual entrance to the cave system to get to it is a way around the corner, and you need to fly/drop/climb into it - there's then a network of tunnels and drops to traverse to get to it.

So yeah, the way to get to it is well away from the actual location (so the finder doesn't help you) and the actual shrine itself is almost completely hidden.

Assuming we are talking about

Reveal hidden contents

rolling a snowball down the hill

then I've got that shrine, didn't see any bones though. I'll go back for another look.

There are two, and I suspect you found the easier one to find - you simply could not have missed the bones but found the shrine. The other one is way over on the other side of the mountain range from the first, in a much smaller hollow with less obvious 'runs'.

Similar solution, but there're a couple of wrinkles which means you can't use exactly the same approach.

1 hour ago, smac said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of

Reveal hidden contents

look for the edge of the rock outcrop/cliff face, by the jetties at the southern/western end - there's a narrow vertical crack in the cliff face at water level through which you can just about see the shrine, especially at night. The actual entrance to the cave system to get to it is a way around the corner, and you need to fly/drop/climb into it - there's then a network of tunnels and drops to traverse to get to it.

So yeah, the way to get to it is well away from the actual location (so the finder doesn't help you) and the actual shrine itself is almost completely hidden.

There are two, and I suspect you found the easier one to find - you simply could not have missed the bones but found the shrine. The other one is way over on the other side of the mountain range from the first, in a much smaller hollow with less obvious 'runs'.

Similar solution, but there're a couple of wrinkles which means you can't use exactly the same approach.

Aha, perhaps the second one is the one I need. I shall investigate tonight. 

I reckon you're doing what I did, running around the very edge of the cliffs trying to find where the fuck the shrine that's causing the beeping is (did you come from the South?)

From memory, the shrine is inside the mountain, and the door is on the other side - so find where the beeping is, then head up and over to the other side of the ridge - the beeping may stop, as the shrine is buried pretty deep in there I think... Within some fucking big bones

;)

Re the leviathan bones in the desert, you can see them on the map at the closest zoom! You can drop a way point on them and it'll show up through your scope. I know it gets all sandstormy when you get close, mind! I have yet to venture to get them. 

I discovered an interesting bit of BotW trivia last night...

I've been encouraging my kids to try playing the game, as they love it so much.  My youngest, Sid, who is 4, loves running about and chopping trees etc., but finds the perils of combat a little bit scary / overwhelming.  So I decided to clear the Plateau for him, so he can run around the daytime at least with no baddies.  (I'm assuming the first red moon doesn't happen until you're at least off the plateau)

So I'm running about, haven't talked with the old man, haven't activated the first tower, leaving all the treasure chests to be opened, etc, etc. 

But the weird thing I noticed was, the time is permanently stuck on midday!  Night has yet to fall, I've nearly killed everything there! 

1 hour ago, dood said:

Re the leviathan bones in the desert, you can see them on the map at the closest zoom! You can drop a way point on them and it'll show up through your scope. I know it gets all sandstormy when you get close, mind! I have yet to venture to get them. 

Oh, you really should. (If I recall correctly, you should stock up on

bomb arrows

)

1 hour ago, dood said:

Oh and another thing, is it just me or is the only place with brown / dead grass on the plateau? I've not seen any since! 

There are a couple of other places - I remember a dead-end valley with a skull cave in it; the grass leading up to, and in the valley was dead (I thought i recognized it from one of the gameplay videos).

I think it also had boulders lining the cliffs above - that's what I went for...

Has anyone else had a go at master's mode yet?  It's properly awesome, I think.  I'm only about halfway through the plateau, but sheesh I'm avoiding most fights, the basic weapons like treebranches etc are just useless!   Stealth really is important and making potions to help me run away / sneak are crucial!!  Top stuff, it makes the game very different! 

I hope there are more new baddies, too, the floating platforms are interesting! 

Bones located, shrine found & statue tracked down in the Highlands.

Thanks all for your tips.

11 Shrines to go, 2 Shrine Quests to solve & some massive sections of the map which I seem to have completely missed out to explore, hopefully some of them will be in there.

Last question for now; the missing (fish) wife quest;

the highlighted text in the log indicates that she has ended up at Lake Hylia, I've been round half the lake, am I in the right place?

?

12 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

Bones located, shrine found & statue tracked down in the Highlands.

Thanks all for your tips.

11 Shrines to go, 2 Shrine Quests to solve & some massive sections of the map which I seem to have completely missed out to explore, hopefully some of them will be in there.

Last question for now; the missing (fish) wife quest;

Hide contents

the highlighted text in the log indicates that she has ended up at Lake Hylia, I've been round half the lake, am I in the right place?

?

She's there alright, but maybe she's gone for a......... ;)

@Mr Do 71 I could do with one of your ludicrously cryptic clues. 

The dragon who flies near the huge canyon - Dinraal I presume.  I've only seen him once..  I would like to see him again.  What's the trick?  Like I figured out Farosh easily enough, it was time of day based.  But I've gone to the same spot where I saw Dinraal and waited a whole day and NOTHING.  Ran up and down the edge of the chasm, NOTHING.  Made a few fires to pass days, etc. Still nothing. :(   I'm at my wits end!