The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

Ugh, this stupid glorious game. Actually decided to consciously follow a quest line this evening and went back to Zoras, the first time since way back for the original main quest, to progress Tarrey Town. Came away with 6 new sidequests and a shrine quest. 

:facepalm:

I’m never finishing this game am I?

I know most of the side quests are pretty inconsequential but you get a few gems and also, OCD!!!

On 1/11/2018 at 02:25, Stanley said:

I've finished Champion's Ballad and the ending is lovely. Do you get any different kind of ending or reward for beating Ganon again? 

Just a few shrines to get and I'm pretty much done with BoTW, for now. 

I don't think there's any difference to the ending.  

BTW, after finishing the second DLC..

Spoiler

you should take home the thing Kass gave you.. :)

Eventide done! Took me 3 evenings of repeated attempts, but such a glorious exercise in banging my head against the switch controller in frustration. Great great game play. Discovered so much about how to play the game...completed with only 4 hearts and bog standard stamina

@Graham There should be a clearly visible spot to stand if you've found the right area.

@meatbin You find recipes around the game, but not anything you can actually record and keep with you unfortunately. You just have to remember them or keep a copy of the dish in your inventory so you can check the recipe there.

The ones I use most (now that I have clothes for most hazardous weather) with a focus on cheap ingredients and simple to remember recipes:

Spoiler

For Selling:

5 Raw Gourmet Meat = 490 rupees

5 Raw Prime Meat = 210 rupees

Stamina:

4 Restless Cricket + 1 keese wing = 1 ring of stamina restore (great for high climbs, arsehole horses, and long flights)

Health restore:

1 Hearty truffle = full recovery + a bonus heart

Defense:

4 iron shrooms = level 3 defense for just over 3 minutes (3 shrooms is level 2 for 2.5 mins, and 5 shrooms just increases duration of level 3 defense)

18 minutes ago, Wroth said:

The ones I use most (now that I have clothes for most hazardous weather) with a focus on cheap ingredients and simple to remember recipes:

Hide contents

For Selling:

5 Raw Gourmet Meat = 490 rupees

5 Raw Prime Meat = 210 rupees

Stamina:

4 Restless Cricket + 1 keese wing = 1 ring of stamina restore (great for high climbs, arsehole horses, and long flights)

Health restore:

1 Hearty truffle = full recovery + a bonus heart

Defense:

4 iron shrooms = level 3 defense for just over 3 minutes (3 shrooms is level 2 for 2.5 mins, and 5 shrooms just increases duration of level 3 defense)

Fantastic, thank you. That kinda looks like all I need to be honest. 

4 hours ago, Wroth said:

@Graham There should be a clearly visible spot to stand if you've found the right area.

@meatbin You find recipes around the game, but not anything you can actually record and keep with you unfortunately. You just have to remember them or keep a copy of the dish in your inventory so you can check the recipe there.

Thanks. I scoured the area last night and found nothing. Will look again. However, unless the game throws in ‘similar but not quite the same as the memory’ areas (which would be the first bum note I could speak of) I’m convinced I’m in the right place.

10 minutes ago, David Heath said:

I decided to beat Ganon last night, 335 hours after starting the game.

I don't even have much to add, it's the greatest experience I've ever played and perhaps the greatest game of all time.

I ended with all 120 Shrines, both DLC content beaten, all the sub quests beaten, all the armour upgrades and photographs logged, 828 Koroks, and a 94.13% completion rate, which for a first run through without a guide or hints is not bad at all. Kilton reckons I've missed 2 Hinox and 4 Talus, which is mental and I can only assume I encountered them earlier in the game but for whatever reason avoided combat and thought I'd beaten them when I saw them again, because there's no god damn chance I missed them.

I'm going to give it a break for a few months and then come back to Master Mode which I'm looking forward to massively and hoping to 100%.

wow... that's some going.

If you're anything like me - the last scene of the DLC made me tear up.  It was then where I realised that's it - the game is done.  There is no more to it... and that made me sad.

what a game.

I take some comfort at that 335 hour number, I've put dozens of hours into the game (only got it Christmas), and sometimes I look at the map and  all the things to do and think "I'm going to be playing this forever".

Funny to think that as late as February 2017 OOT was considered the gold standard, took a company like nintendo two decades to better it, I wonder when, if ever we'll see a greater game than this.

I'm finding the DLC frustrating. I guess i was hoping for more of the same, but instead got a few collection quests and quests geared to making it harder (in a frustrating retry way rather than a challenging strategy change way).

This isn't Trials HD or Super Meat Boy.. Waiting for it to load is annoying enough without having to redo bits too, not feeling it..

So I started (and streamed) another challenge last night, a bit more casual than that blood moon one, bows & runes only, plus a little way through I decided to go without the glider as well.  Climbing *down* stuff is quite cool, and a bit of a different challenge. I'll also probably actually bother with shield surfing this way! 

Still don't need or want any other games! 

http://www.twitch.tv/robdood/v/218634838?sr=a&t=2084s

On 14/01/2018 at 11:49, Freeman said:

I'm finding the DLC frustrating. I guess i was hoping for more of the same, but instead got a few collection quests and quests geared to making it harder (in a frustrating retry way rather than a challenging strategy change way).

This isn't Trials HD or Super Meat Boy.. Waiting for it to load is annoying enough without having to redo bits too, not feeling it..

the first bit of the DLC is the hardest bit of the lot - you have to unlearn what you have learned... also... use bows. ;)

worth sticking with though because the shrine quests do some really interesting stuff and take you to places or make you do stuff you've probably not been to or done before

On 14/01/2018 at 11:49, Freeman said:

This is how I feel. I’m still messing about with Mario instead but fast approaching 500 moons and at that point I’m going to make an effort to get back into Hyrule.