The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

Ok playing in master mode is a whole different experience, I'm having to be far more stealthy, attacking at night much more often and using sneak attacks wherever I can. My poor combat skills never really limited me in the normal game but am thinking this is going to be a long hard struggle....but all the more fun for it.

Is it wise to get the DLC mid game or wait until completing main missions?  Im only part of the way in - completed two divine beasts. Loads of shrines and sides. 

Dont want to spoil it for myself if it would ruin the balance of the game. I have seen the perk where you can teleport a horse to you though. That would be handy on my usual aimless roams cross country. 

27 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Is it wise to get the DLC mid game or wait until completing main missions?  Im only part of the way in - completed two divine beasts. Loads of shrines and sides. 

Dont want to spoil it for myself if it would ruin the balance of the game. I have seen the perk where you can teleport a horse to you though. That would be handy on my usual aimless roams cross country. 

I'd say you're at a good point to get it. It doesn't really imbalance anything, tbh. 

The main bit of the first one allows you to make a certain sword a lot stronger, and the main bit of the second can only be accessed once the Divine Beasts are all calmed. 

41 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

I was playing yesterday and came across what looked like a hot air balloon with a guy/ monster underneath. Just as I approached him it disappeared. 

Any ideas? It was night time in the game. Been playing almost 100 hours and never seen it!

He only shows up at night, at the same spot near a town you're visiting. Maybe he disappeared because it was starting to get near daytime? I won't tell you anything more, so not to spoil it. Just keep killing the enemies.

29 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

I was playing yesterday and came across what looked like a hot air balloon with a guy/ monster underneath. Just as I approached him it disappeared. 

Any ideas? It was night time in the game. Been playing almost 100 hours and never seen it!

Were you in the very north eastern part of the map, perchance? Try again next night time :)

4 hours ago, dood said:

Just me again.  I have a new addiction... Recording timelapses :blush:

Gosh! How do you even go about doing that? Beautiful

did the spring of wisdom last night, top of lanayru mount, still only got 4 hearts but cooked me up some cold and health food and just kept plugging away. Feel a little like I’m making it hard for myself (haven’t figured out where I can get more heart containers yet) but learning loads about the mechanics of the game. 

Gaming for 35 years or so...haven’t had the ‘must get home from work and get the kids to bed so I can play’ feeling in sooooo long. It’s a glorious game.

48 minutes ago, Graham said:

did the spring of wisdom last night, top of lanayru mount, still only got 4 hearts but cooked me up some cold and health food and just kept plugging away. Feel a little like I’m making it hard for myself (haven’t figured out where I can get more heart containers yet) but learning loads about the mechanics of the game. 

Gaming for 35 years or so...haven’t had the ‘must get home from work and get the kids to bed so I can play’ feeling in sooooo long. It’s a glorious game.

You get more heart containers by doing shrines! Every four orbs can be traded at a goddess statue (like the one you no doubt used on the great plateau at the beginning) for a heart container or extra stamina! 

The statues are in every village and in the ruined temple on the Great Plateau (and a few other places, like the top of Mount Lanaryu) 

Godspeed. 

Its a magical, mysterious adventure. :)

53 minutes ago, Graham said:

Oh and to give away my secrets, I have a  hdmi capture card which I use to get the footage. 

You have to find somewhere where you can put link right up against a wall, then crouch, then get camera in a good position.  Then record for just about half an hour without any input.. 

On 18/01/2018 at 20:46, dood said:

Ah, enjoy the mystery mate. It's such a magical game. 

On 18/01/2018 at 20:17, Strafe said:

That’s all you need.

As luck would have I have stumbled across this very thing just now. Took me a while to work out 

Spoiler

How to get through the Lost Woods. I was following the torches but baffled when they stopped!  Only noticed the directional flames after quite some time. Then I realised the floating blue bits/embers were showing me the way too as I was unsure how to open the chests without losing the flame.

Aspects of this game remind me of Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki. Particularly the area I am in at the moment. 

Such an amazing game without a doubt. 

Fantastic stuff! The art direction in this game is wonderful. Such beauty from a relatively low powered device.

I do have a couple of other questions. Im currently getting close to filling up my heroes path. What happens after it does? Does it just stop tracking me or does it forget the earliest bits and carry on. 

Also what's the strongest weapon you've found? Yesterday I happened upon a lovely moblin with a weapon that when it hit me took away 15 hearts in one swipe. Once this happened both my son and myself knew we had to get this weapon. Once destroyed it turned out to be a Royal Guards Claymore with a massive attack up on it making it a total of 110. We were amazed,  our faces beamed. Looking at each othe, in unison, we both went "Ooh! We'll have that!"  I've not had anything else above 100 yet. I've not dared use this weapon yet. 

On 19/01/2018 at 23:56, iknowgungfu said:

Aspects of this game remind me of Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki. Particularly the area I am in at the moment. 

Such an amazing game without a doubt. 

Zelda games always seem to have taken influence from Princess Mononoke since that film came out, but Breath of the Wild is definitely the closest it’s ever been.  It’s probably that they both reach back into Japanese history, the Jomon period etc.  Listening to the soundtrack on its own also reminds of Joe Hisaishi’s work in places where it’s more  sweeping and melodic.  It’s the use of the piano and orchestra that does it really.

Even more scenic vids gone up and I've reworked all the thumbnails into something pretty, and given the series a title. 

I learned about a thing call Wallpaper Engine which is available on Steam for less than 3 quid.  It lets you put any MP4 as a looping wallpaper, so now I'm using the below as my desktop wallpaper.  Feel free to steal the vids from youtube using one of those youtube downloader websites and do the same! :)

And here's the latest timelapse, someone on reddit wanted Lanayru gate, so I had a go!  Was so gutted our friend from the peak didn't come out to say hi!! :(

Please check my channel / the playlist for more if you're liking them :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46w2DCR0-Dc&list=PLnDa47i6qBvlMrwbGlmLUCIjN2__cV1FR