The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

So over lunchtime today I figured out how to climb in the rain without ever slipping! Super pleased with myself, I thought about making a mini video  guide. Check YouTube and.. Damn. A thousand other people already did that.. -_-

Ah well! 

If anyone wants to know the secret.. 

Spoiler

So long as the surface isn't sheer / completely vertical, you can just tap B to stop climbing. Hold forward on the left stick and Link will start climbing again. If you do this every 4-5 steps of climbing, you avoid the slipping animation altogether! 

Love this game so much. 

On 1/19/2018 at 21:25, dood said:

You get more heart containers by doing shrines! Every four orbs can be traded at a goddess statue (like the one you no doubt used on the great plateau at the beginning) for a heart container or extra stamina! 

The statues are in every village and in the ruined temple on the Great Plateau (and a few other places, like the top of Mount Lanaryu) 

Godspeed. 

Its a magical, mysterious adventure. :)

I imagine if he wanted it spoon fed to him he would just have googled it.  Where is the fun in figuring things out for yourself I guess.

On 22/01/2018 at 21:59, dood said:

Finally, after much tinkering with setup and mics and adobe software and OBS Studio, my master mode blood moon challenge run continues.. 

Now with improved production values!  Feedback appreciated :)

Really good @dood you've got a really natural easy going style and your speaking voice is very pleasant on the ear. I look forward to watching more, YouTube is a great way for me to chill out after a long day at work - often I'll have one on in the background whilst I'm playing on my Switch or eating my tea. Keep em coming :)

12 minutes ago, Diggity said:

I imagine if he wanted it spoon fed to him he would just have googled it.  Where is the fun in figuring things out for yourself I guess.

Hmm - so do you mean I spoiled that for him? Even though he's off the plateau and should have already increased his hearts/stamina by one already? 

I feel bad now :( 

1 minute ago, dood said:

Hmm - so do you mean I spoiled that for him? Even though he's off the plateau and should have already increased his hearts/stamina by one already? 

I feel bad now :( 

Well if I came in and said "I havent managed to find the master sword yet" I wouldnt expect someone to just tell me.  Maybe he did want told, but it would be something simple to google if he did want it spelt out to him.

2 minutes ago, Diggity said:

Well if I came in and said "I havent managed to find the master sword yet" I wouldnt expect someone to just tell me.  Maybe he did want told, but it would be something simple to google if he did want it spelt out to him.

Sure, though I would be a bit more careful about something like that.  But fair enough.  Sorry if that was too much info, @Graham!! :hug:

@dood don’t fret! Not a problem. I’d forgotten about the statue in the temple of time, and had been praying to the statue outside of the village where the tech lab is that begins with an H but all that did was tell me I could sell my hearts/stamina to it and buy back...rather than just swap orbs for hearts. Hence my confusion. Have since found other statues to pray to.

anyhow am now 6 hearts having done a few more shrines and explored further a field. Currently saved on Ruta to do whatever that ‘dungeon’ requires of me. Loved the whole sequence of travelling to Zora’s domain (though the journey itself was easily the hardest thing I’d attempted so far), dodging ‘Lionel’ on top of the mountain and the 1st phase of my first divine beast.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Loved the whole sequence of travelling to Zora’s domain (though the journey itself was easily the hardest thing I’d attempted so far), dodging ‘Lionel’ on top of the mountain and the 1st phase of my first divine beast.

I feel like I have missed out now.  After first meeting the prince at the tower and him telling me how hard and long the journey is, I got distracted and went north and then I used cryosis to climb up a massive waterfall and glided into Zora domain round the back directly into where the king is, who proceeded to ask me what I did with the prince.  

13 minutes ago, Timbuktu said:

I feel like I have missed out now.  After first meeting the prince at the tower and him telling me how hard and long the journey is, I got distracted and went north and then I used cryosis to climb up a massive waterfall and glided into Zora domain round the back directly into where the king is, who proceeded to ask me what I did with the prince.  

Lol brilliant. And that is one of the reasons why I I love this game. Same achievement wildly different paths.

Quick question about one of the “prizes” from completing a divine beast. 

Spoiler

Am I correct in thinking that now I have gained Daruk’s protection it will deflect an attack even if I am using the shield?  It seems odd as i feel like it is being wasted on piffling baddies at the moment. 

Cheers for any info. 

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

Quick question about one of the “prizes” from completing a divine beast. 

Hide contents

Am I correct in thinking that now I have gained Daruk’s protection it will deflect an attack even if I am using the shield?  It seems odd as i feel like it is being wasted on piffling baddies at the moment. 

Cheers for any info. 

Spoiler

It will save your shield, yes. Once it's taken a few hits it will deactivate though and you'll need to wait a while for it to return. It behaves like a parry though, which is great against some of the tougher enemies. 

Its a bit overpowered imo, if you really want you can turn it off from the right most tab of the inventory. 

1 hour ago, dood said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It will save your shield, yes. Once it's taken a few hits it will deactivate though and you'll need to wait a while for it to return. It behaves like a parry though, which is great against some of the tougher enemies. 

Its a bit overpowered imo, if you really want you can turn it off from the right most tab of the inventory. 

Spoiler

What I was meaning was if I am raising my shield does it always have to use that power? I assumed it would only work if I was going to actually get hit and take damage. 

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:
  Hide contents

What I was meaning was if I am raising my shield does it always have to use that power? I assumed it would only work if I was going to actually get hit and take damage. 

Spoiler

Yes. There's nothing you can do other than disable it. If you parry manually that will stop it from activating, but otherwise it will always turn on when you press the lock on button. 

What's your concern about it? 

Its pretty versatile, you can use it to even save you from fall damage, for example. 

10 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Mainly that I use it up on minor enemies and it won't be ready for when a big one comes along. Not a massive issue. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. 

Yeah I get you. I was worried in the same way when I first got it, it's not much of an issue though!! It recharges pretty quickly. 

Completed this last year (well the main story and about 100 shrines) and loved every second of it. But haven't really touched it since.

Just finished Assassin's Creed Origins which I enjoyed, but coming back to this is a revelation. It is my favourite game of all time without a shadow of a doubt. The way you are introduced to this world is just beautiful.

To master mode, or not to master mode? That be the question.