rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

In my defence it was late and I’ve treated riding horses in this like driving the Mako.

Spoiler

Edit - You know what, fuck it. As soon as I defeat Ganon I’m going to come back and put a horse up there. That’ll be Link’s personal Apollo program. “We put a horse on top of the deku tree and do the other things not because it is easy but because it is hard.”

• Upvote 5

Someone should really try it to see it'll they can get it to work, now. 

The game is so amazing that this could actually be a solution. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Hide contents

Either I explode a horse (not my horse) in to a million pieces and hope it drops a hoof, or - and I think this is more likely - it'll be a loot drop from those centaur guys I've been avoiding. Those have hooves for sure.

You monster.

14 hours ago, g wings said:

I love it when new posts appear in this thread, three years after release. I don't think I look back on my time in any game as fondly as this one.

My sister recently got a Switch so I lent her my BOTW cartridge. It's one of the few non-digital games I own. I was explaining to her how it's the best game ever, one of my fondest gaming memories which is something after all these years. 

After I'd finished saying all of that I immediately regretted my choice to lend her the cart and I'm *this* close to just buying the game digitally and starting it over again.

Despite having Xenoblade on the go and Paper Mario ready to play at the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

What the hell is Alex talking about? I don't remember this. Spoiler tags please!

I think there’s a...

Korok up there who asks you to bring him increasingly mad things.

• Upvote 3

Spoiler

Completely ordinary things, but I reached a very strange conclusion with the last one.

56 minutes ago, Alex W. said:
  Hide contents

Completely ordinary things, but I reached a very strange conclusion with the last one.

My memory is hazy of that quest and I’m pretty sure I never finished it, but I’d be interested to hear what the conclusion was, if you’ve done it yet.

That last korok irequirement s easy to satisfy if you fight

Spoiler

Lynels - it doesn't always drop though

On 15/07/2020 at 11:34, layten said:

The game is so amazing that this could actually be a solution. :lol: 

I'm sure you could attach a few balloons to your horse and waft him that way.

Although you might want to avoid a certain fairy glade after you do that; the occupant won't be pleased.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I did it the “right” way which was obvious in hindsight. I still intend to accomplish the feat my way.

My youngest is getting bang into this with me on switch. Loving it again. Booted up my old wii u save and holy shit I have a ton of stuff. 

He likes pottering around in the villages and I’ll do the main quests. No ancient arrows to squander on goats so that’s ok. I’ll continue the story a bit after he’s gone to bed so we have some new goodies in the morning. Noticed I hadn’t fully upgraded all my armour or even collected a few pieces, the last climbing armour for example so might mop those things up on my old save. The loop is so rewarding. Also, I’ve become pretty crap at it. I used to have skills!

• Upvote 2

Just finished off Gannon. 125+ hours, 100 shrines, 171 koroks. On the map screen it shows 39.4% completion. What a tour de force of a game. I'm still going to wander about and mop stuff up. How the hell are they going to top this with the sequel?

• Upvote 5

I’m so invested in my Xbox right now, but I know BOTW2 is just in the background and waiting to take over my life. I invested hours into BOTW and genuinely felt grief when it has ended...

I've gone back to playing this - after playing hours and hours of Witcher 3, which I love btw, it just demonstrates just how far behind in many ways all other open world games are and continue to be.

I have no idea how they're going to improve on this for BOTW2 - I imagine there'll be more indoor/underground type locations - but can they feasibly build an overworld as rich as Hyrule?  Unless they re-use it but change it (back/forward in time or something).

I've just picked it up again, and have some questions, as i have forgotten loads. My last save was from June 2019!

Have done two divine beasts previously so have spent the last hour getting familiar with the controls again.

Am i right in thinking if i see a shrine in the distance that is blue means i have already done it?

I have found a few logs with a leaf stamped on them. When i stand on them i get a countdown and a circle of yellow 'dots' off in the distance. What am i supposed to do there?

Is there a way of working out/being told as to what you have to do next?

Not sure why i stopped playing previously, my page says i have done 50 hrs so must of been enjoying it. Maybe i was busy.....

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Am i right in thinking if i see a shrine in the distance that is blue means i have already done it?

Yep, that's right.

I have found a few logs with a leaf stamped on them. When i stand on them i get a countdown and a circle of yellow 'dots' off in the distance. What am i supposed to do there?

I think you're supposed to run/glide through them before the time runs out, if it's the ones I'm thinking of.

Is there a way of working out/being told as to what you have to do next?

I think the main quests section of the pause menu will point you in the right direction.

I should play this again.

• Upvote 1

I'd add that sometimes you need to shield surf to the yellow dots. If you're stuck where to go you can also look at the map and try exploring any empty areas with no shrines or getting to the towers to unlock map areas. 

• Upvote 3

I’m in Hyrule Castle. :omg:

Shit is going to absolutely kick off tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

Just now, skondo said:

I’ve just started this

Welcome to the party, pal!

• Upvote 1

It’s so good at dangling just enough open-endedness and just enough direction in front of you, and letting that balance shift over the course of the game. My horizon for decision making has gone from about as far as I can see to the entire map without me particularly meaning it to.

• Upvote 1

From having to sneak around and avoid Bobokins and constantly falling off cliffs about 100 hours and 10 months ago, to beating the absolute shit out of every Guardian in Hyrule castle and then Ganon himself this evening. What a journey.

Looking forward to getting the remaining 25 shrines and just noodling around out there. That DLC is actually really tempting.

• Upvote 7

I'm still waiting on a DLC sale but my second playthrough has been so much fun. I've found places I didn't know even existed on my first playthrough, including a certain fairy. 

Beaten Ganon twice and found all the memories but really want the DLC for heroes path as I'm sure there are spots I've missed this time too. 

3 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Bobokins

Im sorry but :lol:

Kobobins. Blobokibins.

I mean there's them and Lizarfos? And Starkos. Or that might've been the food in Beyond Good and Evil.

And then there's Skal- versions of everything. Skalfaros and Skabobkins or whatever.

Spoiler

image.png.4a7c90c97b6e06fd1088978ab418f692.png

• Upvote 1