IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

23 hours ago, Number 28 said:

It's pretty easy I would say. It's certainly easier than it was years ago.

Hide contents
  • Google Cemu Emulator, first link, download, extract folder wherever
  • Google Cemu Hook (a useful plugin), first link, download latest version, drop into the main Cemu folder
  • Acquire the game files, however you might do that, I have no idea :ph34r:
  • In Cemu go Options->General settings and point Cemu to the game folder under Game Paths->Add
  • Find a shader cache for the game (I might have to help you out here) and drop it into Cemu/shaderCache/transferable, making sure the file name matches the game's code (look on the title bar when you load the game to find this, it might already match)
  • Go into Options->Input Settings to set up your controller (You can sort gyro controls with a DS4 pad, but it's a bit of a faff and requires DS4Windows. Maybe wait till you get to those two shrines...)
  • Go into Options->Graphic packs and click 'download latest community graphic packs'. Then find the Breath of the Wild settings to have a tinker with the game (boost resolution, shadow quality, whatever)
  • If you want to install the DLC you can go to File->Install game title, update or DLC and navigate to the files I have no idea how you got :ph34r:

That should be all you need to do with any luck. The first time it loads up it will take a few minutes to process the shader cache, but subsequent loads should take seconds. DM if you can't find a shader cache and I'll upload mine to a Google drive. Good luck!

Thanks!

I shall try this...

I really should get some horseriding practise in ready for the big finale - I've only ever ridden one horse, and I then put him in the first stable by Duelling Peaks after a few minutes and haven't been back for him since.  

I just like walking around everywhere.

My kids are so into this they're on (supervised) YouTube constantly for tips, first game they've ever taken the initiative to do that. But rather than spoil it for them, they're like "I can get a house!" and then put another few hours into the game. I think it's been more fun just watching them play it and be awed by the whole thing, as I didn't get far into it myself.

They haven't finished the main story yet, but are interested in the DLC. Is that worth picking up before or after? And then I think they're onto Hyrule Warriors, as they loved the demo.

In which we gently influence a new generation of Nintendo fans. :)

26 minutes ago, TehStu said:

They haven't finished the main story yet, but are interested in the DLC. Is that worth picking up before or after? And then I think they're onto Hyrule Warriors, as they loved the demo.

The DLC adds a bunch of equipment that's really worth having on your initial play through, as well as the extra content & post-game stuff.

The shrines on the dlc are an essential, but if you really want to explore Hyrule then the ‘hero’s path’ tool is invaluable for seeing where you haven’t been - it’s amazing how much of the map you won’t see playing normally.

Just passed the 100 shrine milestone!  Some of the puzzles have really made my brain hurt.

Did the forgotten temple without getting hit once - my shield parry game was spot on.  In your face, guardians!  My aim is to do all 120 shrines before I head to the castle - no doubt I'll struggle to find the last few.

I'd argue saving the DLC for after the game is the way to play it. There's more than enough equipment in the main game that's fun/interesting to use and while the Hero's Path is a really cool way of looking at where you've been once you've finished the game, I think it takes away from that "let's just see what's over there and explore" experience if you're constantly looking at a map as you go trying to fill it in. 

Snap!, I just completed it as well. I played it on release and got distracted by other games, as it is a big time investment, so I decided to restart it again a month or so ago.

I did most of he shrines, but never went out my way to find all the seeds, cos, well, I have other games to play. I obviously did all the divine beasts, and most, but not all the quests, skipped some of the side quests, but might go back to the game again to mop some missed items. 

I think the stand out things for me was the way you can approach combat and some puzzles in different ways, which elevated the experience. There was a great atmosphere to the game early on, very lonely.

I do not think I hold the game in such high esteem as some here, but it was a good experience. I still hated the whole weapon breaking thing early on as it got annoying. Also some of the one hit kills. 

Onto Age of Calamity now. 

I did all 120 shrines, 4 divine beasts, 12 memories but less than 100 korok seeds.

But shrines aside, I didn't really focus on anything other than enjoying the world and its inhabitants. I did a lot of aimless wandering which turned into awesome moments of discovery.

Just a wonderful video game. I'll definitely get Age of Calamity but I've got some other Switch games to play now so I'll have a break from Hyrule. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2021 at 09:12, Boothjan said:

My aim is to do all 120 shrines before I head to the castle - no doubt I'll struggle to find the last few.

This has been my aim too. I'm on about 70 or so at the moment with one divine best left to go. As new shrines get harder to come by, I think, dare I say it, that I'm starting to get a little bit bored. An hour or two of wandering aimlessly (which I had been loving) can result in no tangible progress. Any tips for finding shrines at a satisfying rate when there aren't so many left?

32 minutes ago, andyw said:

This has been my aim too. I'm on about 70 or so at the moment with one divine best left to go. As new shrines get harder to come by, I think, dare I say it, that I'm starting to get a little bit bored. An hour or two of wandering aimlessly (which I had been loving) can result in no tangible progress. Any tips for finding shrines at a satisfying rate when there aren't so many left?

I guess use Hero’s path to see area’s you’ve not visited ?

Thanks. That’s DLC-only, right? Probably worth it at this point. I’m sure there are places I haven’t explored properly in my wandering, but I can’t remember where I’ve been in sufficient detail to know where they are.

36 minutes ago, andyw said:

Thanks. That’s DLC-only, right? Probably worth it at this point. I’m sure there are places I haven’t explored properly in my wandering, but I can’t remember where I’ve been in sufficient detail to know where they are.

You’ll be amazed at what you’ve missed... make sure you get all the armour sets as well, some of them are hidden in really cool places 

1 hour ago, andyw said:

Look for a shrine map online ;)

I missed loads on my first playthrough, on the second one I used a map to find the last 3 or 4, as it was getting to me.

I did try to make a 3 run at the game, but so far I've started it several times, and there just isn't any urgency to it, think I burnt out on it and BotW 2 can't happen soon enough tbh, I want more of the same, but newer :)

• 1 month later...

This is my 4th time to start this, I never could get into it before but this time it seems to be clicking with me. However...

Please help me, I've looked online for the answer and it was no help. I need raw meat for that old man, I know I'm to find a boar or a bird and shoot them, thing is, there aren't any. I've spent the last 3 days sneaking around the forest like a fucking clown and nothing ever appears. What am I doing wrong. I'm about to give up on this game again.

52 minutes ago, dave7g said:

This is my 4th time to start this, I never could get into it before but this time it seems to be clicking with me. However...

Please help me, I've looked online for the answer and it was no help. I need raw meat for that old man, I know I'm to find a boar or a bird and shoot them, thing is, there aren't any. I've spent the last 3 days sneaking around the forest like a fucking clown and nothing ever appears. What am I doing wrong. I'm about to give up on this game again.

The quest isn't essential (almost nothing in the game is). There are a few other ways to get through the cold area. Pretty much anything you cook with peppers will do it.

2 hours ago, dave7g said:

I spent a while doing that too, as others have said there are other options. Once you you're more familiar with the world you discover all the different ways you can get round a problem some of the ones you think of will be bloody stupid...but will create some of the best moments of the game which will be wholly unique to you!

Stick with it! It's *such* a wonderful game.

I've tried leaving food out in the grass but no luck. I've found three of those little tree dudes already from just sneaking around. It's been days now, I just want to move on now.

Just started the game again with my young kids. You definitely don’t need the warm doublet. 

There are 6 spicy peppers by the arched entrance to cold area beside the river. There’s also a small camp nearby with a cooking pot. Cooking 3 peppers together will give you 7m30s of cold resistance, which should be enough time to cross the snowy terrain from the other elevated shrine. The other route is longer/tougher because there is combat along the way and you have to use magnesis to cross the icy water before climbing the mountain. There are mobs of monsters along the grassy outskirts along the river, with a particularly tricky blue moblin at the treehouse. 

Still loving this game after all these years. I revisited the castle area for the first time in ages recently and accidentally triggered the battle with Ganon but I still don’t want to ‘finish’ it.  Have continued to explore, currently in Gerudo desert. My hero’s path has maxed out though, so my current movements are overwriting my earliest adventures. 

The first of my three daughters has now completed all four shrines on the great plateau and was given the paraglider by the king. It was good to rewatch the cutscenes and hear the backstory which I haven’t seen for about 4 years now! I also noticed that the blood moon cutscene is longer the first time.

Anyway, off she jumped out into the real adventure and almost immediately she was exploring places I’d either forgotten or not visited. So now I’m mirroring her movements on my own profile and finding more korok seeds, treasure chests and cool unexplored areas such as the ruined colosseum.