rllmuk
revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

1 hour ago, cohen205 said:

Could be time for my third.

I played it on WiiU. I think it's maybe time to replay it. On my Switch...

I got it on Wiiu when it was first released, and loved every minute. I got my switch about a year later, and thought I'd give it another play through, and enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

I very rarely play a game through again after completing it (FFVII is the only other game ), so it must have been doing something right.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

As the three year anniversary (!) approaches I feel it’s time to return for my second playthrough.

I'm beginning to feel that way.

• Upvote 1

So apparently I've only had this for 3 weeks and I've already sunk 90 hours into it! By comparison I've  had Mario Odyssey since June and that's had 65 hours.

Worth every second! I did my first divine beast the other day and it played merry hell with my vertigo!

• Upvote 2

On 14/12/2019 at 17:36, the_debaser said:

Absolutely no idea how this works. 

Amazing.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, cohen205 said:

Let me know when you locate your soul.

I wanted dungeons not cooking.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

2 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I wanted dungeons not cooking.

I didn't know what I wanted, but I got one of the finest games ever created.

• Upvote 4

I pumped 200 hours into this, and it was hard to walk away from it and play something else. I've not been so consumed by a game since... probably playing Ocarina of Time aged 17. 

I found it very hard to get into other open world games like Horizon : Zero Dawn and Witcher 3, and basically need a good palette cleanse from the brilliance of BOTW to really get into both of those excellent games. 

Both Horizon : Zero Dawn & The Witcher 3 are amazing games before some wise-ass comments on it. 

You have my sympathies. I played Horizon after BOTW. Worst thing i could ever have done.

I can see that Horizon is a brilliant game, and I did get some enjoyment out of it, but it felt so god damn restrictive after playing BOTW.

I know its not the Nintendo way, but you'd think they could pump out a prequel/sequel to this... The engine is up and running and if they covered the events of a hundred years previous, most of the map is in place too.

I love this game and in the meantime may have to restart...

• Empathy 1

16 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I know its not the Nintendo way, but you'd think they could pump out a prequel/sequel to this... The engine is up and running and if they covered the events of a hundred years previous, most of the map is in place too.

We must be getting Wolfcastle’d here...

I really hope we get more news soon. I’ve heard there may be a direct on the horizon. 

I know i had to make another profile on WII U to make a new save.

Not sure if its the same on Switch.

If it's on the switch you could just setup a new user so it would be completely separate.

I've been playing this game for over 18 months now (done a lot of the base game, and some of the DLC) and already racked up 120 hours, easily the longest I have ever spent on any single player game. It's just such a difficult game to get bored of, check Hero's Path, find an unexplored area, stick down some markers and on my way! Detour off to anything else that looks interesting on the way and then i've spent 3 hours playing the game with pretty much no progress. And it was 3 hours well spent!

I also constantly forget how good the soundtrack is on this game, I spent an hour last night with the Kara Kara Bazar music on loop while doing some work. The way it uses silence and gaps in the music just works so well.

TLDR : Still fucking love this game.

• Upvote 9

Same here, i still go back to it now, just to potter about in the world.

I've basically done everything, apart from the all the Korok seeds, and the trials in the forest.

Cant see me ever getting all 900 seeds, but its still fun to go looking for them, especially using the mask that jingles when you are near one.

3 hours ago, Twinbee said:

3 years, in, and still haven't done the Castle. I started, then bottled it as I didn't want to technically 'finish' the game, as I worry it just won't feel the same.

So instead I just dip back in occasionally and walk around a bit. It's just a nice place to visit. It's like having a static caravan in the lake district.

Don't worry, just start it again :p
I've gone through it twice and have started a third play through, although that i being hampered by DQ XI and Tokyo Mirage.

5 hours ago, Twinbee said:

3 years, in, and still haven't done the Castle. I started, then bottled it as I didn't want to technically 'finish' the game, as I worry it just won't feel the same.

So instead I just dip back in occasionally and walk around a bit. It's just a nice place to visit. It's like having a static caravan in the lake district.

Hah, I've realised now that I play Zelda in much the same manner as I do as when I go for a walk somewhere I've never been before - trying to plot a path so that I can see all the things I've noticed and take them all in, and then getting distracted by something else and ending up completely off the beaten track.

About 140 hours in now. Three Divine Beasts down. Master Sword acquired. Maybe it is time I finally checked out the castle...?

10 hours ago, Death's Head said:

Hah, I've realised now that I play Zelda in much the same manner as I do as when I go for a walk somewhere I've never been before - trying to plot a path so that I can see all the things I've noticed and take them all in, and then getting distracted by something else and ending up completely off the beaten track.

About 140 hours in now. Three Divine Beasts down. Master Sword acquired. Maybe it is time I finally checked out the castle...?

It's definitely worth running to the castle before you're ready... *definitely*.

• Upvote 1

amongst my many favourite memories of this game was sneaking around the castle while woefully underpowered... avoiding the guardians and 

Lynels!

but finding amazing loot and secrets....

then, like all the best Nintendo games, returning at the end, fully tooled up with amazing weapons and fully upgraded Guardian armour and riding Epona *all the way* up to the final chamber.  Ok Ganon... Let's go.

• Upvote 1

I've yet to kill a Lynel! :ph34r:

(Mind you, up until recently I was terrified of facing Hinoxes, Taluses and especially Guardian Stalkers. Then, the other day I just found myself slaughtering my way through the Hinox population of Hyrule without breaking a sweat. Taluses too. Then I found myself accidentally up against a Guardian with no means of escape and caned the bastard. Now I'm taking on every one I see!)

• Upvote 3