IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

2 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

I was in the same position @Mike S, had my Wii U dusted down and connected to the TV again all for Zelda.

This morning I cancelled the Zelda Wii U preorder and went and ordered a Switch, Zelda and a Pro controller. The buzz around this game makes me want to experience it in the best posssible way and also on the train going to work!!

Stop reading this and get a Switch preordered, then u can spend the rest of the weekend smiling and looking forward to Friday like the rest of us!! :D

That was an easy £300+ decision. Wii-U performance versus Switch is the exact same scenario as the Last Guardian on PS4 and PS4 Pro. 

I've been playing the Wind Waker HD with my six year old son. Even though I had it on the GC (the limited edition one with the bonus disc), I shamefully never completed. And even worse, I found out that I didn't even get that far!

Anyway, we're nearing the end of the game and it's been an absolute joy, but you can feel the GC couldn't cope with the vision of a big, open play field - so they restricted it by putting it on fairly bland water.

But the bits where you go underwater and it shows you the Hyrule below? By god what a friggin tease! That's the game you really wanted.

Except now it looks like you're going to get it with Breath Of The Wild. Can't wait (and either can my son!)

1 minute ago, Fallows said:

Arms? Splatoon 2? Mario Kart 8? All the other indie stuff that will be best suited to the hardware?

No interest in Arms, hated Splatoon, and already have Mario Kart 8. 

6 minutes ago, Banjaxed said:

I was in the same position @Mike S, had my Wii U dusted down and connected to the TV again all for Zelda.

This morning I cancelled the Zelda Wii U preorder and went and ordered a Switch, Zelda and a Pro controller. The buzz around this game makes me want to experience it in the best posssible way and also on the train going to work!!

Stop reading this and get a Switch preordered, then u can spend the rest of the weekend smiling and looking forward to Friday like the rest of us!! :D

Ha.

I'm thinking I'd like to see the much maligned Wii U off with a blinding game rather than start a new generation with one. Plus. I really do have quite a pile of Wii U games to finish before sending it to the attic...

I also, and this is trivial to most, hate the hassle of setting up new consoles - finding space and HDMI ports when both are extremely tight, new accounts, etc, are a huge drag to me. As you mention it, I am a bit peeved that the Pro Controller is so ludicrously expensive and that I can't use the nigh on identical one I have for the Wii U but I'll have to see how the joypads are before deciding if it is as essential a purchase as the Pro was for the Wii U (I hated the gamepad from day one so absolutely needed an alternate control system).

Spoiler

I'll get the Switch next week. 

31 minutes ago, englishbob said:

That was an easy £300+ decision. Wii-U performance versus Switch is the exact same scenario as the Last Guardian on PS4 and PS4 Pro. 

Well I was always going to get one when Mario was released, and I'm lucky to have some extra money atm.

The Edge thread had a quote from the review that in some areas the Wii U frame rate dipped into the teens. 

Plus I loved The Last Guardian on my PS4 Pro.

39 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I've just ordered a Switch and the game off the back of this thread, it sounds properly amazing!

The bloody pro controller is stupidly expensive though, that was a nope from me.

Yea it is pricey.  But back when I bought an Xbox One bluetooth controller, it cost me $45, then another $25 for the battery charging pack for wired charging, since those controllers don't come with rechargable batteries.  So either way I've already paid $70 for one controller before.  <_<

Yea it is pricey.  But back when I bought an Xbox One bluetooth controller, it cost me $45, then another $25 for the battery charging pack for wired charging, since those controllers don't come with rechargable batteries.  So either way I've already paid $70 for one controller before.  default_doubt.gif

40 hour battery life with the pro controller like the Wii U one is a big plus too.

The Pro controller looks nice but I'm going to see how I get on just using Joycons. At least the experience will be consistent across both play modes then. Think I'd rather put the money towards more Joycons.

Edited by Stanley

I'm assuming some Edge Zelda scans were posted and promptly removed? Any kind soul want to point me in the right direction as to where they might be floating online or PM me? Postie let me down today, and I really can't wait until Monday night to read my subs copy.

Edit: Never mind. It's linked in the Negative BOTW thread, so that benighted place has a purpose after all. Off to read.

23 minutes ago, Stanley said:

The Pro controller looks nice but I'm going to see how I get on just using Joycons. At least the experience will be consistent across both play modes then. Think I'd rather put the money towards more Joycons.

This. If I can get used to the joy-cons, it will just make the muscle memory much easier when Switching from resting in the dock to resting on my cock.

Edited by jonamok

I got to try all the control methods out today and honestly, if you can stretch to the 60 quid for the Pro then do it. 

The joycons in the grip are fine. But literally everything about the Pro is better. 

Edited by Majora

32 minutes ago, Dan said:

40 hour battery life with the pro controller like the Wii U one is a big plus too.

One charge of the pro controller lasted me my entire 70+ hrs Twilight Princess HD playthrough and still had juice to spare.. 

18 minutes ago, Stanley said:

60 quid is bloody ridiculous though.

Keep an eye out for discount codes etc, mine cost my a mere £52 quid - not pad considering I had to pay £45 for a PS4 pad when had its third fault and Sony wouldn't cover it within the 1 year guarantee....